Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

FF [TR]Goodell's Banhammer Thread

Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Okay, since we need a thread for each league eventually, I figured I'd start this one off by saying that I might not make it for the first half of the draft this Friday. I get done with work at 9, but I might be able to start the draft from here at the store. I've pre-ranked and everything, so all should go pretty well, even if I can't get into the draft until 10-ish (it takes me about an hour to get home).

So there we have it: an (hopefully) official Goodell's Banhammer thread.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:03 pm

I should be there with no problem, I have yahoo! reminders setup so I don't forget. I haven't touched the pre-ranked players but I may this evening. Here's to whupping your asses.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:09 pm

Yay, I get LT in this league as well. The 19-pick stretch to my next picks will suck verily.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:21 pm

This is my first FF draft, I am sure it shows. I already a great deal of mistakes I made. Hind site is 20/20.

Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:49 pm

Ah, due to my brother coming over and wasting my time, I didnt get into the draft until rd 13 :)

Oh well.

edited for my WEEK gram-er and Spilling.
Last edited by Dposcorp on Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damage
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:31 pm

I didn't make it at all. :( Had family stuff and couldn't pull myself away. This will be an interesting season...

I got Steven Jackson and Drew Brees. Could be worse, I guess.
Scott Wasson - "Damage"

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:37 am

Ah, so it was your auto-draft that took my QB from me. Oh well.

I actually made it to the draft and it was odd as I was at work the whole time (and I work retail). Ringing people out as I draft made for an odd combo. I like my team, though.

BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite

Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:53 pm

Missed the draft but I got the best group of WR's! My QB's are pretty weak so we'll see what happens.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:18 am

So this is a little different than Fantasy Hockey, or maybe I am doing something wrong? I can start multiple RB and WR per week, but not TE, is this correct? Having known that I would not have played my TE in colts game, dammit.

Also, your advice. Clinton Portis against miami's D or Fred Taylor against Ten's D. I think Portis is the better overall rusher but he has a lot of injuries lately and Miami's D has been upgraded slightly. However, Taylor is on the spicier of the two offenses for sure, and the chance of goal line is great with Jacksonville me thinks. I am leaning towards taylor.

Corrado

Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:20 am

Taylor Taylor Taylor.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:22 am

Yea that's who I went with. Im hoping that hey let JD do the heavy lifting only half the time for the old man :lol:

Mattsteg, your ass is Astroturf. And I'm the grounds keeper.

BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite

Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Congrats on getting the first pick and LaDainian Captain Ned, now turn around and prepare to receive my foot up your azz! :evil:

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:22 pm

It's not been a good day for me in either league.

BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite

Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:44 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
It's not been a good day for me in either league.

Uh oh, I hope I didn't speak too soon. :oops:

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 am

pete_roth wrote:
Yea that's who I went with. Im hoping that hey let JD do the heavy lifting only half the time for the old man :lol:

Mattsteg, your ass is Astroturf. And I'm the grounds keeper.
You must be expecting a HUGE day from Boldin....

I don't expect him to outscore Rudi Johnson and Matt Stover by 22+ points. Feel free to have your sorry-ass team concede.

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:34 am

I'm doing alright, I guess. It's too close to call right now, but I have a feeling that I'm not going to pull a W out of this week. Oh well, it's a long season.

EDIT: I just looked at how many players Canadian Content has playing tonight... yeah, I'm done.

Dposcorp

Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:52 am

This may be a stupid question, but I gotta ask it.

In the Banhammer, I am beating Damage right now.
Damaged Goods 62.68
[OG] Pimp 66.72

Damage has no players left, and I have 2 people playing monday night.

RB Edgerrin James (Ari - RB) @SF.
and
TE Todd Heap (Bal - TE) @Cin.

Since our current scores are only 4 pts apart, would anyone sit players out on a monday night to eliminate the chance of getting negative points?

Its been known to happen, and I can see something stupid like that happening to me, with my luck.

Thoughts?

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:02 am

Dposcorp wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but I gotta ask it.

In the Banhammer, I am beating Damage right now.
Damaged Goods 62.68
[OG] Pimp 66.72

Damage has no players left, and I have 2 people playing monday night.

RB Edgerrin James (Ari - RB) @SF.
and
TE Todd Heap (Bal - TE) @Cin.

Since our current scores are only 4 pts apart, would anyone sit players out on a monday night to eliminate the chance of getting negative points?

Its been known to happen, and I can see something stupid like that happening to me, with my luck.

Thoughts?
I think it's probably more likely that you'd lose the margin due to stat corrections than to those two getting negative points.

Corrado

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:14 am

2 of the 3 teams I own have essentially won already. My keeper team got effed in the A tho. I'd check out but work has it blocked :(

BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite

Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:39 pm

What an end to the Baltimore/Cincinnati game. If McGahee score's that last touchdown it's a toss-up in my match up. But he didn't so the evil Captain Ned goes down in flames. Too bad you can't edit or delete the score in our fantasy league, eh Mr. Dread Moderator? Muahahahahahha!!!!!

BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:16 pm

I'm looking to trade for a WR, someone better than Nate Burleson. I've lost 2 WR's for the season due to injury, both of them were draft picks. I guess it's karma since my other 2 receivers are Steve Smith and Chad Johnson. I have some nice running backs on the bench, Jamal Lewis and LaMont Jordan, nice reserves/spot starters. Hit me up!

BerserkBen
Gerbil Elite

Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:48 pm

I wish people would pay attention to their rosters and not leave injured players on their starting roster. :evil: Makes it less fun when people do that.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:33 pm

Can I say that I've got a healthy man-crush on Carson Palmer? I think that's a new single-game point record for one player.

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:29 am

All I need is 5 or so points and I can pull this win out. And everyone who voted doubted the power of my team! (Okay, so it was Housh and Barber III that really did well, but still).

Dposcorp

Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Rolling20s wrote:
All I need is 5 or so points and I can pull this win out. And everyone who voted doubted the power of my team! (Okay, so it was Housh and Barber III that really did well, but still).

I want to talk smack to you, but I am like totally Fd' up.

I am beating you by 4 points and you need Antwaan Randle El in this league to score at least 5.

I have Antwaan Randle El in the [TR]NoCatchyNames league and am down by 12 points.

There is no way I can win in both leagues, but what is even worse is, if he scores between 5 and 12 points, I lose in BOTH leagues.

FF in multiple leagues = tehsuck

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:57 pm

Dposcorp wrote:
if he scores between 5 and 12 points, I lose in BOTH leagues.

Dizzam, that's pretty harsh dude.
But funny as hell. :lol:

Being in three leagues can be confusing.
It gets weird when your QB in one league is the QB of the person in another league you are up against. It's messes with your mind.

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:00 pm

I don't mind multiple leagues at all. I just sit down and enjoy whatever game I'm watching and don't worry too much about fantasy teams at all. At the end of the day I'll sort things out and maybe follow individuals more closely on Monday or Sunday night, but until then it's just football.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:14 pm

mattsteg wrote:
I don't mind multiple leagues at all. I just sit down and enjoy whatever game I'm watching and don't worry too much about fantasy teams at all. At the end of the day I'll sort things out and maybe follow individuals more closely on Monday or Sunday night, but until then it's just football.

That's pretty much what I do. I root for the Packers no matter what the fantasy implications might be. And if the Monday night game has fantasy implications, then I watch that game with fantasy in mind.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:17 pm

idchafee wrote:
mattsteg wrote:

That's pretty much what I do. I root for the Packers no matter what the fantasy implications might be. And if the Monday night game has fantasy implications, then I watch that game with fantasy in mind.

Same here, only it's da burgh.

I'm up by 10 points over turbo, but I only have a kicker playing tonight.

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:28 pm

idchafee wrote:
mattsteg wrote:

I have to admit I felt guilty starting Roy Williams, even though I knew it was a sound move :(.