Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

FF [TR]TR Keepers 2007

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 pm

Not sure why the Keepers don't have their own sticky. :-?

Either way I would like to thank Drew Brees. I know I have made fun of his name since the Purdue days, but he really helped me tonight.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Re: FF [TR]TR Keepers 2007

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:49 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
Either way I would like to thank Drew Brees. I know I have made fun of his name since the Purdue days, but he really helped me tonight.
Bite me.
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:50 pm

I thought for sure you would have lost after looking @ your matchup last night. Amazing Luck.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:55 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
I thought for sure you would have lost after looking @ your matchup last night. Amazing Luck.

I know I was thinking that he would have to throw a bunch of I-N-Ts for me to win.

Thought for sure I was screwed.

Oddly enough I have had to watch several MNF games (over the years) right to the end to see how my FF would go.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:47 am

I need a good showing from Tom Brady and Sammy Morris to beat PRIME1 this week. Looking forward to tonights HUGE game!

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:00 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:
I need a good showing from Tom Brady and Sammy Morris to beat PRIME1 this week. Looking forward to tonights HUGE game!

I will lose.

Brady likes a stage and MNF is a big one.

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:14 pm

All I need in one of my leagues is for Wes Welker to get a touchdown and 25 yards or so...

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:01 pm

I will be keeping Adrian Peterson next year. Just so yah know :wink:

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:07 pm

I need the pats to keep Romo in check and keep the score way down. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw a Pats blowout - Romo screwed up really bad last week and he has to get his confidence back against who? They are at home though, and it's a noisy place to play.

Moss and Pats D come on!

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:41 pm

And it looks as if the last unbeaten in Keepers will be falling as idastiffie's team pretty much took the week off.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:19 pm

As if I had a chance, of course the mercs have Brady, 5 TD's and counting, I bet he can hit 6.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:14 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
And it looks as if the last unbeaten in Keepers will be falling as idastiffie's team pretty much took the week off.

Might have been closer if I'd remembered to check kicker bye weeks. 3 leagues this week I started bye week kickers. :evil:
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

druidcent

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:28 pm

WTF!!! I finally have a good week, 100+ and I end up going against the Captain who puts up 160+ FRIGGING INSANE... I HATE YOU LT!!!!!

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:07 pm

idchafee wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:

Might have been closer if I'd remembered to check kicker bye weeks. 3 leagues this week I started bye week kickers. :evil:
I give thanks for non-locked rosters and the ability to sign tonight's kickers off of the street to avoid such a calamity after oversleeping yesterday and missing opening kickoffs.

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:51 pm

druidcent wrote:
WTF!!! I finally have a good week, 100+ and I end up going against the Captain who puts up 160+ FRIGGING INSANE... I HATE YOU LT!!!!!

I've waited 6 long weeks for this; it better happen again, and regularly. I'm also happy that my good-luck talisman gets more red-zone work than Ocho-Cinco.

P.S.: That's T.J. Houshmandzadeh. I've been in 3 TR leagues and won 2 with T.J. in both of those.

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:05 am

I am doing so poorly right now, it's not even funny. I need to look over the standings from last year again. If I was doing badly then and I finished 2nd overall, then I've still got a shot. If not, well, I'd love to draft high next year. 8)

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:44 pm

Idchafee's got problems...

Scanning the new NFL news for today I see this (snippet):

• Agent: Knee injury sidelines Dolphins' Brown for rest of season 3:10 pm EDT (AP)
• Novelty gone: Jaguars trying to find fans amid slumping ticket sales, blackouts 3:02 pm EDT (AP)
• LT, other Chargers among wildfire evacuees; practice canceled 2:37 pm EDT (AP)
• Vince Young: Better Chance to Play in Week 8 2:08 pm EDT (RotoWire)
Frank Gore: Suffers Sprained Ankle 2:07 pm EDT (RotoWire)
• Chad Pennington: Mangini Will Go to the Video Tape 2:06 pm EDT (RotoWire)
• Laurence Maroney: Reports No Setbacks 2:05 pm EDT (RotoWire)
• Giants' backfield not missing a beat without Barber 2:04 pm EDT (PA SportsTicker)
Travis Henry: Bruised Ribs 2:03 pm EDT (RotoWire)

Dude, you've got some RB issues. :o

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:52 pm

And not much in the way of trade bait.

druidcent

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:21 pm

Eh.. all he has to do is play me when I score 120+ points... this is the second week in a row where I got 120+ and lose to a 160+ score :evil:

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:28 pm

Losing Ronnie Brown sucks but as for Gore and Henry, meh. Everyone is hurt on the day after a game. If they don't practice on Friday I'll be worried.

I'm more worried about Henry and his love for the ganja.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:10 am

idchafee wrote:
Losing Ronnie Brown sucks but as for Gore and Henry, meh. Everyone is hurt on the day after a game. If they don't practice on Friday I'll be worried.

I'm more worried about Henry and his love for the ganja.

Ronnie Brown, knee
Quick, can you name all the running backs who've outscored Ronnie Brown this season in fantasy leagues?

The answer, of course, is nobody. Not LaDainian Tomlinson, not Larry Johnson, not Adrian Peterson … nobody. Brown's 125 fantasy points lead all running backs. He was injured while trying to make a tackle on an interception return in the second half of a 42-7 game. "I didn't feel anything pop and I just got it twisted up," he later told reporters. Fears of an ACL injury were expressed following the game, however.

The Miami Herald's Jeff Darlington, citing unnamed sources, has reported that Brown will miss the remainder of the season. We're awaiting official confirmation from the team. If this were "Deal or No Deal" and you were offered four weeks and a sprain, you'd really have to take it right now. Jesse Chatman is available in over 99 percent of Yahoo! leagues; he would clearly be the fantasy beneficiary if Brown is done.

Travis Henry, ribs Entering the season, you would have never guessed that we'd all pretty much hate the Denver running back situation entering Week 8. But we do.

Henry left the Broncos' Week 7 win over Pittsburgh with what the Denver Post calls "badly bruised ribs." There are multiple reasons to get off the Henry bus – which you have to imagine is a lot like Ken Kesey's bus – but it's not like you can really jettison the Broncos' starting RB. Any competitive fantasy owner with Henry on their roster should have added Selvin Young by now, but he remains available in over 60 percent of Yahoo! leagues.

Frank Gore, ankle
Gore ran for 88 yards on 14 carries against the Giants, and his fantasy owners are fortunate that the fumble on that botched handoff was attributed to Trent Dilfer. Gore played through an ankle sprain in Week 7. He has a series of favorable match-ups coming up: New Orleans, Atlanta, Seattle, St. Louis. We'll have to watch this situation all week. It's not like Michael Robinson or Maurice Hicks can just step in and produce Gore's numbers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/new ... ort_102207

Oct 22 Gore's status is unknown for Week 8 versus the Saints, after he suffered a right ankle sprain in the first half against the Giants in Week 7, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports.
Recommendation: Gore suffered the injury in the first half, had trainers tape it up, and he returned to play the second half. After the game, Gore needed help from a trainer to get to the X-ray room. More information should be available on Tuesday regarding the extent of Gore's injury.

Oct 22 Henry was forced to leave Sunday's game against the Steelers with badly bruised ribs, the Denver Post reports.
Recommendation: Henry, who carried the ball just 17 times for 51 yards, left the game in the final minute of the third quarter. He said he fell on the ball wrong, and that he thought he would be all right. Still, his status for next Monday night's Green Bay game won't be known until later in the week.

Just trying to help Stiffie :wink:

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:43 pm

Looks like Rain Man is going down.

Kevin
Administrator

Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:17 pm

What a perfect day for Brady to not throw any TDs.
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:14 am

Alright, Rain Man loses and the final is:

Evil Overlords vs Captain's Keepers.

My pick for winner is...

CAPTAIN'S KEEPERS!

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:03 am

I'll gladly take a repeat victory!!!

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:47 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
I'll gladly take a repeat victory!!!

Seems I won't. We both made bad coaching choices; mine were worse 'cause they caused the loss.

Good on ya Kevin.

Looking for Knowledge
Darth Gerbil

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:48 pm

Grats fellas!
Probably PUI. Definitely an كافر

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:20 am

Congrats to the winners (even though I picked incorrectly). Now to start planning for next year's draft... how far away is July again?

Corrado

Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:57 am

I failed utterly in the Keeper league this year. Heres to next year!

Kevin
Administrator

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
We both made bad coaching choices

Indeed. In all my leagues my bench seemed to outscore my starters. Only managed to pull out a win in the Keepers. I'll be sure to post a picture of my shirt when I get my prize!
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.