Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Brady FTW

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:52 pm

388yds, 5TDs

Hall of fame fo sho. 8)

Former Michigan QB and current PRIME1 FF QB.

Damn, hell of a game. I really thought Dallas would make it closer.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:28 pm

354yds 6 Touchdowns!!!!!!!!!

:o

Greatest QB this century. Uncontested.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:32 pm

I'd say manning is arguably on the same playing field with less weapons at his disposal. It really amounts to nothing when Pittsburgh Travels to New England and embarrasses them at home. Mark your calenders kiddos - Dec. 9th I shan't be eating crow!

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:23 pm

Manning's the better quarterback. It'd be easy for anyone to look good in the AFC (L)East this year.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:33 pm

JustAnEngineer wrote:
Manning's the better quarterback. It'd be easy for anyone to look good in the AFC (L)East this year.

Well his numbers don't show it. Who did they beat this year that is better than Dallas?

Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:24 pm

PRIME1 wrote:

I can't even think of a rational response to this, other than that it is retarded.

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:17 pm

5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

I can't even think of a rational response to this, other than that it is retarded.
The guy's point of comparison is Lions QB play, so cut him some slack.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:29 pm

mattsteg wrote:
5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

The guy's point of comparison is Lions QB play, so cut him some slack.

SCOTT MITCHELL!!!!11
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:37 pm

5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

Name another QB playing right now with 3 Superbowl rings or even that has better numbers.

No one.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:38 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

Name another QB playing right now with 3 Superbowl rings or even that has better numbers.

No one.

Well, the century is still young. Just wait until Aaron Rodgers lights up the league when Favre retires.....assuming that happens before 2100.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:45 pm

pete_roth wrote:
I'd say manning is arguably on the same playing field with less weapons at his disposal. It really amounts to nothing when Pittsburgh Travels to New England and embarrasses them at home. Mark your calenders kiddos - Dec. 9th I shan't be eating crow!

How did Pitt do tonight?

idchafee wrote:
Well, the century is still young. Just wait until Aaron Rodgers lights up the league when Favre retires.....assuming that happens before 2100.

Farve must pass Vinnie T in age before he retires.

nerdrage
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:02 pm

pete_roth wrote:
I'd say manning is arguably on the same playing field with less weapons at his disposal.
QFT. I think they're much more alike than they are different. If they swapped teams, they'd each probably have nearly the same numbers. I'm a Brady fan myself, but I don't think he's doing anything different this season than in past seasons. He's still got that great offensive line keeping him safe, and giving him all day to throw. The multiple receivers are the main difference this year. Once they get their running game going, they'll be unstoppable.
i5-9600K · Z390 Aorus Pro · 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200 · MSI TwinFrozr HD7850 · Intel 760p 512GB · WD 1TB · HP ZR24w · Corsair VX450 · Antec Solo · Win10/Ubuntu 18.10

Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:21 pm

I guess here's the way I feel about it.

We're witnessing one of the greatest rivalries in football.

We're watching two of the best quarterbacks ever.

If Manning and Brady can be civilized and have dinner once a year together, Brady can't be that bad of a guy. Being on the Colts side of the fence, I want to pound Brady's knee with a pipe wrench, however, if Peyton can hang with Brady, then he's cool with me, as long as he doesn't win another Super Bowl. :wink:

I'm sure I'm guilty of it in the past, but I've found this season that spewing fanboy crap all over the threads, or with friends, is just dumb. Could Manning ever get 3 or more Super Bowl rings? Yeah, he could. Will he? Probably not. If there's one thing I've noticed over the years, it takes a certainly amount of positive circumstances for a team to win the Super Bowl. I'm not saying that the Patriots or any other team is lucky to win a Super Bowl. It's just the stars being aligned at the right time. Right now, the Patriots are as dominate as the Colts were a few years ago. However, all it takes is one mistake, one injury, one game for it to all turn sour. All over football, there are instances of a dominate team falling to lesser team all because of one mistake.

Anyway, I'm just trying to enjoy the season and all the games. I've been doing that by recording the games on my DVR and skipping between plays. No commentators, no BS, no commercials, just football. It is amazing how much more satisfying it is to watch a 48 minute game in just 48 minutes.

Any given Sunday...

/end rant

cass

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:00 am

Neither Brady or Manning should be considered for any "greatest" of anything, and that goes for the recievers in this day and time too. They play under "ladies" rules where you can't touch the recievers or the qb's without a freakin penalty for messing up their dress.

Credit bellichick for seeing the writing on the wall and just going ahead and forgetting about the run. I mean he stopped manning forever by being physical and playing football, but once the league put in the "beauty contest" rules, he just decided to play the game and forget about defense and the run. All you need now is fast recievers, a good line and a decent QB. There ain't no point in wasting time or money on defensive secondary, because they are not allowed to cover anybody with being called for a "dancing too close" penalty.

Dan Marino with the rules of today would have thrown 75 touchdowns in a year. He actually had to play outside and got hit once in a while... There is a reason all the scoring/yardage/td records are being broken and it ain't the quality of the current players, it is the broken rules they have implemented to make football a beauty contest with high scoring.

Its just a matter of time till you see a team forgo defensive secondary all together and just draft all receivers and use them on defense to just occupy space. Running backs are a thing of the past, you will soon see a larger extra tight end looming in the backfield whos only purpose is for extra blocking, so the quarterbacks skirt doesn't get ruffled.

I would like to see some real football, but alas there is nothing on anymore but bastardized "beautyball".

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:17 pm

Wow! :o

Jive
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:58 pm

cass wrote:
I would like to see some real football, but alas there is nothing on anymore but bastardized "beautyball".

I think the sport your talking about is called Rugby.
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:58 pm

My "no dog fights" team thanks both Brady & Moss. It's only the end of the 2nd half. Wow.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 pm

Yea I was a little worried about my fantasy league, Moss just ended those worries.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:09 am

I got 171.something points in the keepers! :o

Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens combined for 13 TD's :o

Insane.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:25 pm

Yeah I have moss and he surely helped out again a pathetic Big Ben showing.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:18 pm

pete_roth wrote:
It really amounts to nothing when Pittsburgh Travels to New England and embarrasses them at home. Mark your calenders kiddos - Dec. 9th I shan't be eating crow!

:P

Dposcorp

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:01 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
pete_roth wrote:
It really amounts to nothing when Pittsburgh Travels to New England and embarrasses them at home. Mark your calenders kiddos - Dec. 9th I shan't be eating crow!

:P

Here ya go Pete, I shall help you out.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X ... ow+recipes

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:56 am

Uh. Pete, I feel for ya man. The Steelers just must not like the road or something.

All I can say about the Colts last night is that I am damn proud to root for that team. Those guys are freakin' winners, on and off the field, all the way around.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:44 pm

This is a bit of old news, that I just stumbled upon, but I found it humorous:
<i>
The same New England Patriots who go for it on 4th down when they are up by 38 points in the 4th quarter and say "it is the other teams job to stop us" didn't always sing that tune. In 2002 when the Patriots beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steelers did their best to score in the final seconds of a 30-7 game that they were losing. After the game, Tedy Bruschi said:

"I did have some respect for that team, but after what they pulled on that last drive, it's totally lost now" Bruschi said. "You're getting beat....just accept it with class. I know we would have if the tables were turned. But they're out there calling timeouts, trying to get extra yards, padding their stats"
</i>

I guess it doesn't feel so good when you're on the other side of an unnecessary spanking. Anybody who thinks the Patriots weren't playing this way because they got caught cheating is in denial.

Anyway, back to your original playoff programming,

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:47 pm

5150 wrote:
This is a bit of old news, but I found it humorous:
<i>
The same New England Patriots who go for it on 4th down when they are up by 38 points in the 4th quarter and say "it is the other teams job to stop us" didn't always sing that tune. In 2002 when the Patriots beat the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Steelers did their best to score in the final seconds of a 30-7 game that they were losing. After the game, Tedy Bruschi said:

"I did have some respect for that team, but after what they pulled on that last drive, it's totally lost now" Bruschi said. "You're getting beat....just accept it with class. I know we would have if the tables were turned. But they're out there calling timeouts, trying to get extra yards, padding their stats"
</i>

I guess it doesn't feel so good when you're on the other side of a spanking. Anybody who thinks the Patriots weren't playing this way because they got caught cheating is in denial.

Anyway, back to your original playoff programming,
Other side?

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:41 pm

5150 wrote:
Uh. Pete, I feel for ya man. The Steelers just must not like the road or something.

All I can say about the Colts last night is that I am damn proud to root for that team. Those guys are freakin' winners, on and off the field, all the way around.

I so hope I don't have to see any more Peyton Manning commercials now.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:40 pm

PRIME1 wrote:

Are you kidding!? The guy has nothing but time on his hands now to practice up for more DSRL competitions.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:34 pm

5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

Are you kidding!? The guy has nothing but time on his hands now to practice up for more DSRL competitions.

Ugh, I can only guess that the recent "pep talk" commercials were developed as a medical aid to induce vomiting.

http://www.priceless.com/us/personal/en ... index.html

M0R0NI
Gerbil In Training

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:14 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

Ugh, I can only guess that the recent "pep talk" commercials were developed as a medical aid to induce vomiting.

That is just funny :lol:

Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:01 pm

PRIME1 wrote:

Just as this was made in an attempt to promote bestiality...

SFW Link