Giselle Manning
Giselle Manning
Giselle Manning
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action - Goethe

Rolling20s
Gerbil Elite

Re: Super Bowl XLII

Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:18 am

It was a great game, all around. It's really nice to be able to say that the Giants won and not that the Pats lost. The Pats got beaten and that's extremely satisfying.

YvonneJean
Gerbil

Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:55 pm

I dont' really follow football, or watch it. I turned on the game due to there not being much else on. Figured I would watch the commercials at least. I ended up being totally into the game and found myself cheering when the giants scored the TD after the helmet catch.

Nice game
Quoth the server : "404"

BobbinThreadbare
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:25 pm

This was an awesome game. It was the best Super Bowl since at least 2001, maybe even longer. I think Justin Tuck should have got MVP (2 sacks, 6 tackles, and a forced fumble, part of a defense that held the Patriots to 14 points), but Eli wasn't the worst choice.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:49 pm

BobbinThreadbare wrote:
I think Justin Tuck should have got MVP (2 sacks, 6 tackles, and a forced fumble, part of a defense that held the Patriots to 14 points)

I agree. The defense was key there and generally gets overlooked for MVP awards.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:52 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
I agree. The defense was key there and generally gets overlooked for MVP awards.
8 players have won Super Bowl MVPs playing defence (1 special teams), and one of those 8 played on the losing team. I'd make it a challenge, but Google just sucks the fun out of such adventures (not to mention that it's my data source as well).
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:
8 players have won Super Bowl MVPs playing defence (1 special teams), and one of those 8 played on the losing team. I'd make it a challenge, but Google just sucks the fun out of such adventures (not to mention that it's my data source as well).

I said "generally" overlooked. Not always overlooked. I should also note that it was my opinion that the Giants defense may have been overlooked in this case.

8 out of 42 Superbowls, but it's still my opinion that they are "generally' overlooked. Sorry I did not clarify that for ya

:roll:
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:34 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
I said "generally" overlooked. Not always overlooked. I should also note that it was my opinion that the Giants defense may have been overlooked in this case.

8 out of 42 Superbowls, but it's still my opinion that they are "generally' overlooked. Sorry I did not clarify that for ya

Lighten up, Francis. Jeez you've been touchy. Can't figure out why.... :P

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 pm

5150 wrote:
PRIME1 wrote:

Lighten up, Francis. Jeez you've been touchy. Can't figure out why.... :P
Agreed. All I was looking to do was to give Google a traffic spike it never knew existed.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.