Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

NFL Draft

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Football season is over with so the one bright spot during the next 8 months is the draft.Discuss whatever you'd like about who goes number 1 and to what team or your favorite teams' pick.Maybe Dallas or Oakland will trade up to number one to get McFadden if not I see Miami taking Chris Long ,DE,Virginia.Buffalo's my team ,I'd like to see them take Malcolm Kelly,WR, Oklahoma or Keith Rivers,Lb, USC.All the Bills receivers are smallish and being a closet OU fan I watched Kelly play alot, he's the big receiver the Bills offense needs.Rivers would be a big improvement over Keith Ellison at LB.
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,
EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: NFL Draft

Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:42 pm

I'm not a big McFadden fan, and I'm not real high on the quarterback from BC. I need to get reading...
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Draft us someone who can actually complement Troy P., AND OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OR TWO WOULD BE NICE WINK WINK. Don't get us a receiver, use the FREAKING AWESOME TIGHT ENDS WE HAVE in Spaeth and Tuman! If Ben used those two on other routes besides 5 yard endzone slants, he could open up the field a lot more for the deep ball to holmes keeping the safety honest.

/armchair QD :D

Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Are you kidding!? Big Ben needs a big receiver to sell his beef jerky too.

panzerlied
Gerbil

Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:45 pm

I agree with Mike Mayock: I don't touch McFadden in the top 20. I don't even think he is the best RB prospect from Arkansas this year (Felix Jones). I'm not very high on Matt Ryan either. I think Brian Brohm is going to be the better NFL QB.
The tank is the primary offensive weapon in mounted warfare. Its firepower, protection from enemy fire, and speed create the shock effect necessary to disrupt the enemy's operations.

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:35 am

I thought Matt Ryan did a pretty damn good job at BC this year.BC had little in the way of breakaway threats in the receiver department, whether or not that translates into a successful NFL career remains to be seen.Brian Brohm spent a lot of time injured during his college career, I don't suspect that will change going into the NFL.

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:58 am

I'm hoping the Eagles will take a top tier receiver (is there one in the draft? ugh) or a corner, perhaps a safety. Dawkins is gettingold, Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard are great, but getting up there too. D-Line is adequate and the LB core is fine with Sean Considine, Stewart Bradley and Omar Gaither.

We're fine on RBs, O-Line could use a 3rd round pick or so too. Just need to shore it up a little bit.

themattman
Gerbil Elite

Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:24 am

Corrado wrote:
I'm hoping the Eagles will take a top tier receiver (is there one in the draft? ugh) or a corner, perhaps a safety. Dawkins is gettingold, Sheldon Brown and Lito Sheppard are great, but getting up there too. D-Line is adequate and the LB core is fine with Sean Considine, Stewart Bradley and Omar Gaither.

We're fine on RBs, O-Line could use a 3rd round pick or so too. Just need to shore it up a little bit.

Seeing how McNabb spread out passing the last few games of the season, we have about 4 or 5 decent receivers at out disposal. But it would be nice to get someone with Westbrook-level skills. I agree with getting a replacement for Dawkins as well, he plays a crucial role in many games.
|Intel Q9450 @3.6 1.425v|Lapped TRUE|Gigabyte EP45-UD3P|Mushkin & Patriot 2x2gb DDR2-900|EVGA 8800 GTS 512 750/1873/1000|Antec 900|Corsair 520HX|Asus Xonar DX|
13895 3DMarks

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:14 am

No idea who goes number 1 haven't been paying much attention to it.

As for the Lions and the draft?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

/cries

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:41 pm

z-man wrote:
No idea who goes number 1 haven't been paying much attention to it.

As for the Lions and the draft?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

/cries

Maybe Matt Millen is looking for another receiver?

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:46 pm

rogue426 wrote:
Maybe Matt Millen is looking for another receiver?

I really don't care anymore. I stopped being a lions fan years ago. And while I would like to see them do well, with current ownership and management I just stop bothering. I find other teams to root for. Been a long time 'fins fan, but well they weren't anything to root for either last year.

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun May 11, 2008 8:49 am

I'm happy with Buffalo's 1st 2 picks.McKelvin the cb was arguably the best of the bunch and certainly fits a glaring need.James Hardy is the big receiver they've been lacking, maybe they'll score more td's this year in the redzone. Chris Ellis ,de, from VT is a nice pick if the coaching staff motivates him.As for the rest, I wonder what they were thinking, but that seems to be par for the course lately in Buffalo's draft strategy.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon May 12, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why we took a QB in the 2nd round. It says one of two things:

1) We wasted a 1st round pick and 3 years of training on Aaron Rodgers, because he sucks or
2) We wasted our 2nd round pick this year.

I don't like either of those options. Yeah, I guess Brohm could be a backup, but I'd think that they would want a veteran to back up their basically-a-rookie-since-he-has-0-starts starter.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Mon May 12, 2008 5:29 pm

idchafee wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out why we took a QB in the 2nd round. It says one of two things:

1) We wasted a 1st round pick and 3 years of training on Aaron Rodgers, because he sucks or

I don't like either of those options. Yeah, I guess Brohm could be a backup, but I'd think that they would want a veteran to back up their basically-a-rookie-since-he-has-0-starts starter.

They want to emulate the great success of the Falcons franchise.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Mon May 12, 2008 5:39 pm

If Chad Henne plays in Miami, I will watch them this year. I will watch the Lions for the first half of the season and then (like the last several seasons) stop watching in disgust. The Pats will probably steam roll their way to the playoffs so I'm not sure how much fun they will be to watch. The Packers should be interesting though.

Lions did poorly in the draft as always. As others have noted they need to draft a new owner and management.

I think the QB situation in the NFL is worse than last year when there were like 100 starters. Could set a new record this year. Hopefully some of the rookies will shine and make TV worth watching.

It seems Defense and offensive backs were the big news in the draft and I really don't follow them that much (not much use in Fantasy Football). I don't thing there was a Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson in the draft this year.

idchafee wrote:

I thought Farve said he would go back if Rodgers got hurt/sucked?
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark