Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, farmpuma, just brew it!

drkameleon
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

FoldWatcher is out!!! The ultimate Folding@Home Monitor...

Mon May 19, 2008 3:43 am

FoldWatcher
is an integrated monitoring environment for Folding@Home designed for Linux and *nix Systems, which is intended to be easy-to-use and provide a flexible, customiseable and "user-friendly" environment for reviewing the status of active F@H clients. Foldwatcher is FREE software released under the terms of the GNU GPLv3 License. It is entirely coded in C++, making use of Qt (version 4.3) Libraries, which may allow a future easier porting to Windows or MacOS platforms.

* It allows to quickly check the progress of up to 100 clients and retrieve valuable information from the Work Unit being processed such as protein name, project number, Run/Clone/Generation and many more.

* It makes use of Ivoshiee's 'finstall script' in order to facilitate the installation of either simple or SMP Folding@Home clients, on i386 and amd64 machines.

* Combined with a powerful calculation algorithm, it may also provide estimations on the completion of a WU as well as indications of all Folding@Home clients' performance (secs/frame, frames/h, frames/day, points/h, points/day-PPD).

* Projects and project information is stored in a maintainable database to exclude the need of a working internet connection.

* It can fetch your personal stats or your team's stats and show them into the main window, enabling even printing and exporting them to a PDF file.

* Along with the 'finstall' script, it can be used to start or stop the execution of Folding@Home clients.

* Moreover, it integrates the ability - using either the RasMol Open-Source 3D Molecule Viewer or the JMol WebSite's Java Applet - to view the protein being folded.

:arrow:
Check the project's Homepage-->http://kameleon-nest.blogspot.com/2008/05/foldwatcher.html

:arrow: Click here to view Download and Installation Instructions--->http://kameleon-nest.blogspot.com/2008/05/foldwatcher-download.html

I desperately need your comments and I hope you' ll love it... :D

Jigar
Maximum Gerbil

Re: FoldWatcher is out!!! The ultimate Folding@Home Monitor...

Mon May 19, 2008 4:34 am

Not for Windows ??? :(

drkameleon
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon May 19, 2008 5:06 am

I am already trying to port it to Windows and Mac as well... Just wait! [though I still believe Linux is better... :p anyway, it's a matter of taste)

drkameleon
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Tue May 20, 2008 5:43 pm

The first Windows release is out !!!

(Although, it is still HEAVY beta, it would be great if you could check this out too...)

The genuine code of this somehow "modified" version as well as a minimal package with the binary/tools are freely available...

You know where you will find it.... :wink:

I' m waiting for your comments... :D

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue May 20, 2008 6:31 pm

No luck with Vista 64. :(

It does not install right.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

drkameleon
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Tue May 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Truly, I haven't tried it on Vista-64. However, there WAS a mistake which I fixed.

I uploaded the updated/corrected package on SourceForge again.

Plz inform if it works now...

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 pm

It sorta works now.

It reads from the log files, but it is unable to retrieve user stats data from Stanford server. The shortcuts for webpages in both the menu and taskbar do not work.

Don't get discouraged dude, it is a great start. I wasn't expecting an early beta to work out of the box. ;)

Edit: BTW, I am using the SMP client.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

drkameleon
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Tue May 20, 2008 9:05 pm

Thnx a lot Krogoth...

* This stuff about not downloading from stanford's server is really strange... U' re the first one to mention... (though i didn't see any reports by vista users)

* Links to HTTP MUST be fixed. I know and I promise that it' ll be solved in the next release...

Keep reporting bugs and comments... I'm A-L-L ears (actually eyes...)

and of course, keep FOLDING!!!

Dr.K@meleon

jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm

drkameleon wrote:
Thnx a lot Krogoth...

* This stuff about not downloading from stanford's server is really strange... U' re the first one to mention... (though i didn't see any reports by vista users)

* Links to HTTP MUST be fixed. I know and I promise that it' ll be solved in the next release...

Keep reporting bugs and comments... I'm A-L-L ears (actually eyes...)

and of course, keep FOLDING!!!

Dr.K@meleon

Thanks for making the F@H monitor Doc! :D Hey, we now have two Dr.'s in the house!! :P
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!

drkameleon
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Wed May 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Who's the other Dr.??? I am asking in case I was involved by mistake in som sort of copyright violation.... :P

jeffry55
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Location: Menlo Park - just down the street from the F@H Servers!

Wed May 21, 2008 6:26 pm

drkameleon wrote:
Who's the other Dr.??? I am asking in case I was involved by mistake in som sort of copyright violation.... :P

Dr. Fish! :P
Join UGN's Drive to the Top!
UnitedGerbilNation wants you!!