Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Oh yes we did

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:50 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3478902

A day after Sabathia got stolen from us we get a similar quality pitcher for peanuts (the only one that I'm even a little sorry to see go is Gallagher).
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Oh yes we did

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:58 pm

"The oft-injured righty missed a month earlier this season because of a right shoulder strain. It was his sixth trip to the disabled list in his six-year career."

:roll:

Edit: I wasn't trying to be snarky. I am a Cubs fan. I just don't want to see another Mark Prior situation.

Jive
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Wow, being an A's fan im sorry to see Harden go, he was my favorite. If he could only stay healthy, he would be a multiple time Cy Young winner i think, the man got HEAT.

Hudson...Mulder...Zito...Haren...Harden... we got no one left to pawn off now. :P
Sixty percent of the time, it works every time.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah, I can't see how you'd be excited about this with all the DL time he's had the last couple years. In the last 3 years he's had a total of 29 starts (according to baseball-reference) and he's only pitched about 150 innings. This year he's been very solid, but he'll be back on the DL before you know it. God knows Mulder was. :p
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:50 am

he missed a month already this year, so I'm kinda hoping that he's had his DL stint for the year (he averages one a year).

BobbinThreadbare
Graphmaster Gerbil

Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:52 pm

As long as he's healthy for the playoffs, the Cubs don't seem to have any problem winning right this regular season.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:30 pm

BobbinThreadbare wrote:
the Cubs don't seem to have any problem winning right this regular season.

Right, which makes the deal all the more confusing. With the pitching staff they already have (Jason Marquis excepted), they should have no problems keeping their opponents off the bases, and with their offense they should have no reason to do anything but win the world series. I loathe the Cubs almost as much as I loathe SAYING the word "cub", so it's hard to say that, but I expect nothing less.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:18 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
BobbinThreadbare wrote:
the Cubs don't seem to have any problem winning right this regular season.

Right, which makes the deal all the more confusing. With the pitching staff they already have (Jason Marquis excepted), they should have no problems keeping their opponents off the bases, and with their offense they should have no reason to do anything but win the world series. I loathe the Cubs almost as much as I loathe SAYING the word "cub", so it's hard to say that, but I expect nothing less.

This pushes Lilly to #4 and Dempster to #3. I feel a lot better about them in those slots than in the 2 and 3 slots.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:56 pm

Oh, and with Rich Hill in the rotation, that would push Marquis into the bullpen long relief hell where he belongs.

If Harden is healthy, it's a big deal. If he goes out and makes 16 pitches, walks some guys, and gets lifted for shoulder discomfort, don't say Mark Mulder didn't warn you.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:58 pm

zomg please never again say the name "Rich Hill." He goes up there in the pantheon of failed Cubs "prospects" with Earl Cunningham, Ty Griffin, Lance Dickson and Gary Scott.