Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:28 am

I went to the movies last night to see Blade II. And it was good.

But the best part were the trailers they had a sneek peak of the Two Towers and it is going to be Awsome, the Battle scene at Helm's Deep was just as I imagined it.

Hury up December and get here!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Bruce
Gerbil Elite

Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:42 am

Have you seen the info about the FotR DVD? Dated March 27, not sure how long it will be on this page, but take a look here. I'm drooling already - I expect/hope the adaption makes a lot more sense extended version.

Bruce

Kevin
Administrator

Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:38 pm

From Bruce's link:
Then, on 11/12, New Line will release a mega four-disc set, with a new extended cut of the film created by Peter Jackson himself, and featuring over 30 minutes of additional footage. This cut of the film will be Rated R due to some extended violence, and no retail price has yet been set for this release. The now nearly four-hour film will be spread over the first two discs and presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen (alas, no sound format information is yet available.) Unfortunately, all the supplements for the 4-disc set are still in production, so final details were not revealed. However, the disc is planned to include 3 audio commentaries and another four hours of bonus material. It is also not yet known if all the features on the "standard" two-disc set edition will also be included here.
Now that is what I'm talking about! Of course, what are we to do? The first disk (regular movie with one extra disk of features) is released in August but this edition won't be released until November. I'm going to have two copies of this movie. :grin:
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

Vrock
Gerbil God

Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:56 pm

Must...resist temptation to buy...both movies....getting weaker..weaker....STRONGER!...weaker....:sad:

0oALio0

Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:25 pm

I'm gonna continue watching the movies in theatres and eventually buy the huge (and probably costly) dvd set that will eventually come out (after all the movies are done their theatre runs).

Kevin
Administrator

Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:06 pm

Hey, has anyone seen the preview of the Two Towers that is supposed to be at the end of the FotR starting today?

http://www.lordoftherings.net

http://www.lordoftherings.net/two_tower ... wers.html#

Click on the interview on the right hand side.

Dual booting Win2K SP2 and Win98SE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevin on 2002-03-29 17:09 ]</font>

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Mar 29, 2002 10:20 pm

"Hey, has anyone seen the preview of the Two Towers that is supposed to be at the end of the FotR starting today?"

see begining of thread
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Kevin
Administrator

Sat Mar 30, 2002 5:23 am

No. I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about this:
The production is in quite a unique position in the sense that we have shot three movies at once. When we were finishing The Fellowship of the Ring last year, there was some discussion as to whether we should have a preview, including some Two Towers sequences at the end of Fellowship just to tell the audience that the story continues.

We decided that we wouldn’t include the preview then because we felt it was more important that the ending of The Fellowship of the Ring have a certain emotional feel that we wanted to maintain as the film finished. We didn’t want to go to footage of a completely different film.

Now several months have gone by and a lot of the fans have seen The Fellowship of the Ring many, many times. I thought that it would be really neat before the film leaves the cinemas to actually have a Two Towers preview. There will obviously be Two Towers trailers attached to some of the movies this summer, but a trailer is a very particular type of thing that has an important narrator talking and has graphics flashing up, it’s short and fast. It has a particular feel about it and I thought it would be quite nice to do something that I would describe more as being a preview. Something longer than a trailer and something that has more of the elegance of the ending of The Fellowship of the Ring to allow fans to be the very first people in the world to see some footage from the next movie.
This was supposed to be at the end of the FotR starting today. Or so I thought. But I went to the movie tonight and there wasn't any preview. But then, I live out in Hawaii and we never usually get stuff like that anyways. So I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this.

But maybe this was supposed to be Saturday the 30th and not the 29th.

Princess Die
Gerbil XP

Sat Mar 30, 2002 10:54 am

Yes, i saw the TT trailer yesterday.

I couldn't resist the urge to go see the movie for the 6th(!) time...

The trailer kicked ass. I couldn't believe it was 4 minutes long.

Some extremely hooah scenes of battle prep at Helm's Deep. The enemy on the field all banging weapons against their armor in unison, some shots of siege-ladders being thrown back from the walls.

Also some really goosebump-raising scenes of Theoden girding himself for battle and speaking in grim fashion about what may be his final ride.

A very brief shot of Treebeard: Pippin is climbing a tree, apparently to get away from something, and a spot near one of his handholds on the tree suddenly blinks...a large eye.

A shot of Gandalf the White...very powerful appearing, revealing himself to Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas.

I can't wait for December

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Princess Die on 2002-03-30 09:57 ]</font>

Kevin
Administrator

Sat Mar 30, 2002 3:16 pm

Well, dang. Now I'm really pissed. The theater I went to didn't have the trailer. I really wanted to see that. Maybe I need to make some phone calls and send a few e-mails. :sad:

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:46 am

yesterday (30 March), I went to the Mall of Georgia here in Atlanta and saw LOTR:FOTR on IMAX, immediately after the final seen they did in fact launch into the four minute trailer of the Two Towers.

Drooling........:smile:
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

0oALio0

Sun Mar 31, 2002 1:06 pm

December? But i want it nooooooowwww!

rikki tikki tavi
Gerbil

Thu Apr 04, 2002 4:33 pm

i guess i gotta go see FotR again, huh?

can't wait until December.....