Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil
Topic Author

Hey John Madden.....shut up already!!!!!!

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:18 pm

John Madden should retire. If I hear him talk about how much he loves every running back because of the way they keep their feet moving, and then square their shoulders and run downhill I'm gonna put my fist through my TV. Every MNF game it's the same thing over and over with him. There was something else he was talking about tonight that he always drones on about, but it escapes me right now.

My God man, stop the insanity and let some fresh blood get in on the MNF commentator action.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

JJCDAD
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Hey John Madden.....shut up already!!!!!!

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:22 pm

I hear they're in negotiations with Gilbert Gottfried to take his place. :P

Be careful what you wish for.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:24 pm

JJCDAD wrote:
I hear they're in negotiations with Gilbert Gottfried to take his place. :P

Be careful what you wish for.

I heard Don Cherry. :wink:
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

torax
Gerbil Elite

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:35 pm

The Thanksgiving games are the worst. I remember a game in the mid 90s when he was circling each of the dozen legs he had on his turkey. It was of course a Detroit game, and Barry Sanders was still playing - you know moving the feet, squaring the shoulders, and running down hill.... You could hear the spit flying out of those fat slabs of liver he calls lips. After he finished circling all of the parts of his turkey, he moved on to the garnishes. That's when it hit the fan.. He spent seemingly minutes trying to remember what the green leafy stuff was called:

LETTUCE YOU IDIOT! IT'S LETTUCE!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:44 pm

The thought of him rising from mediocrity is simply astounding. He offers no insight, adds nothing to the game, and is amazingly rich for it.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Yeah I don't get it either, they have to fill the blank space and he's one of the worst for inanity.

dolemitecomputers
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:48 pm

| May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house |

BobbinThreadbare
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:34 am

I kind of like Madden, but used to be better years ago, when he used the telestrator more, and talked about lineplay more, which he knows a ton about.

IAmGhostDog
Gerbil Elite

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:23 am

torax wrote:
You could hear the spit flying out of those fat slabs of liver he calls lips.

That is too funny.
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | AMD FX8350 Black Edition | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 | XFX R9 390 | Win7 x64
HT Omega Claro | Technics SL-1210 MKll w/ Stanton 681EEE MKlll | Klipsch Promedia v4.1 | Sennheiser HD 580 Precision

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:41 am

Hoser wrote:
John Madden should retire. If I hear him talk about how much he loves every running back because of the way they keep their feet moving, and then square their shoulders and run downhill I'm gonna put my fist through my TV. Every MNF game it's the same thing over and over with him. There was something else he was talking about tonight that he always drones on about, but it escapes me right now.

My God man, stop the insanity and let some fresh blood get in on the MNF commentator action.

MNF?

Um....they did...when ABC lost the contract and it moved to ESPN. Last I checked it was Tirico, Jaworski and Kornheiser broadcasting those games.

Maybe you meant to say SNF, which would have been last night, since last night was Sunday. I am pretty sure Canada isn't that close to the international date line. :wink:
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.