Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

bri
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

a few questions about the Shuttle XPC SN45G...

Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:38 am

hello.. i'm new around here.. my closet adoration of SFF PCs has finally broken loose! i was poking around at newegg.com and excaliberpc.com and remembered seeing some shuttles on a website a long time ago, so i went looking. i am now considering purchasing a SN45G, from excaliberpc, for $265. is this a good price?

also, since the face is just a teensy modification of the regular G face (with them movin' ports around left and right), would i still be able to use the cosmetiX custom face kit? is the front face of the SN45G removable and translucent?

just a few questions.. i haven't bought a PC in quite a while so i'm a bit nervous! thanks in advance! :)

ssand
Gerbil

Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:32 pm

That's a good price.

You can use the face mod kit.

Did you check out the review here:
http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2003 ... dex.x?pg=1

bri
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:10 pm

thank you so much for your reply.
you just made me the happiest bri in the world.
well, you AND shuttle.

bri
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Mon Aug 11, 2003 6:19 pm

Another question...

Can I use the Shuttle PN31 Remote Control with the SN45G? The 'applicable models' list almost every single Shuttle model EXCEPT this one.. has anyone tried it? It seems odd that the PC I've picked out to be the personal best is left out of everything else.. is that just cos it's new?

HowardDrake
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Aug 12, 2003 2:52 am

Well, I just took a peek at the remote on excaliberpc.com's site, and since the remote is USB and RF it should work fine with the SN45G. Can't think of a single reason why it wouldn't work with it. Give it a try. But personally I'd shell out a bit more for the ATI Remote Wonder. I have used those in the past and they are amazing and have lots of support available. Just my 0.02
No wonder television's a medium. It's so seldom rare or well done. -Mighty Mouse