Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SpotTheCat, Nemesis

mthguy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Cooler Master ATCS 840

Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm

Wow, what a monster of a case, this case looks beautiful and seems to have nearly all the bells and whistles. I would love to see the high quality reviews that TR does for this bad boy. I know that when TR reviews a case i feel like i know what i am going to get.

Please guys Review the ATCS 840!
Mathematics is not a language, it’s an adventure. Most mathematics is done with a friend over a cup of coffee, with a
diagram scribbled on a napkin. As Gauss once remarked, “What we need are notions, not notations.”

HikerGuy
Gerbil

Re: Cooler Master ATCS 840

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:34 pm

mthguy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 pm

I read the review there, and a few others, they all seemed to lack the polish and thoroughness that a TR case review has. I know that i have been postponing a build for a while now with money concerns, and i would like to see the guys here really dismantle this case and put it through the gambit, so i can determine if it really is a case i should consider over the Cosmos 1000 i have been thinking about getting.

This thread is more of a plea to the guys here to do a review of the ATCS 840 because i know that TR does a better all-round job reviewing the cases i like than anyone else.
Mathematics is not a language, it’s an adventure. Most mathematics is done with a friend over a cup of coffee, with a
diagram scribbled on a napkin. As Gauss once remarked, “What we need are notions, not notations.”

toxent
Gerbil Elite

Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:18 pm

Slide out motherboard tray? I haven't seen a case with one of those in a while. Too bad there's other features of the case that i don't like. Hopefully they come out with more cases with that tray, they are soooo nice!
AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition w/Scythe Ninja HSF | ASUS M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 | GSkill 8GB(2x4GB) PC3-12800 | PowerColor Radeon 4850 512MB | Samsung Spinpont F1 1TB SATA

mthguy
Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm

I like the CPU access from the back so you don't have to remove the MB from the tray to change the heatsink. I am still holding out hope for a review, I know this case is a little bit pricier than the norm but it looks like the kind of case i could use for many many years and still be just as happy with it.

oh well.

TR, please review the ATCS 840.

michael_d
Gerbil Elite

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:25 pm

This is premium case but it is extremely expensive, bulky, heavy and there is no side window.