Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, SecretSquirrel, notfred

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

eBox public key???

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:00 pm

I had synaptic install OpenVPN and the eBox plug-in for it. I thought things were good until I noticed the eBox Control Center is not an option. I went to eBox's website and added the repository to the packages manager.

I now get an error that the public keys cannot be found. Is there anyone here that uses eBox on Ubuntu 8.10 that would know where/how I can get said public keys downloaded/installed???????

Thanks.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

notfred
Maximum Gerbil

Re: eBox public key???

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 pm

https://launchpad.net/~ebox/+archive/ppa has a link with the key and also installation instructions for the key.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:51 am

Thanks.

I went there last night and followed everything they said to do, and no matter what I type in the terminal, I still get an error about a missing public key. I'll do it again when I get home later and post the exact error message. Hopefully if I can get this fixed, the control center becomes an installable package, cause it doesn't show up right now.

notfred
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:33 am

If you don't have the key, it should still install in terms of "apt-get install", just give you a warning about unknown key.

I would open a terminal and do
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 274b5881e00011fb79e2eae15f99a088342d17ac
to import the key. Then
sudo apt-get update
should check the repositories and let you know if the key is working.

lex-ington
Topic Author

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:20 am

THank You sir!!! That worked wonderfully. . . . .at least I am not getting any error messages.

I still have to figure out how to use the program properly, like accessing the web interface and finding out exactly what my machine's IP address is - but I'll get there (I think).