Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

T.O. gets the boot

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647

Wow, if this is true the Boyz will have to eat $9 million.

Maybe he will go to New England. :P
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: T.O. gets the boot

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:53 am

Redskins or the Raiders or the Bucs are the most likely destinations. Every other team that could use him have people from teams he's burned bridges with in the past.

Vikes - Childress (Eagles)
Ravens - Harbaugh (Eagles)
Rams - Spagnuolo (Eagles)
Chiefs - Todd Haley (Cowboys)
Dolphins - Parcells (Cowboys)
49ers - ha
Eagles - ha

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:02 am

:lol: the Raiders could really make themselves a classy organization with the addition of Owens.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:32 am

The Bears could use a wideout and it sure would be fun to watch those idiots try to deal with him
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 pm

I am waiting to hear the blockhead Lion fans who say Detroit should pick him up.

This goes right along with the same tools who will bitch that they didn't trade the first pick.

um...if no one wants it, you ain't trading it no matter how badly you want too.
Last edited by zgirl on Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:42 pm

I actually think he would make an excellent guy for Denver to pick up. Cutler would have someone else other than Royal or Marshall to throw to.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Hoser wrote:
I actually think he would make an excellent guy for Denver to pick up. Cutler would have someone else other than Royal or Marshall to throw to.

I've been thinking of places he could go... and I don't honestly think he could go to a team where he might not be the top guy. I also don't think Denver could handle him, hell they can barely handle not pissing off their quarterback (oh wait, they failed at that). Some players this experience might humble but with Owens it just makes him worse.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:25 pm

z-man wrote:
I am waiting to hear the blockhead Lion fans who say Detroit should pick him up.

Personally I think the Lions need a QB and looking at the current market (draft included) their is not a starter to be had. So I expect the Lions to have another losing season.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:41 am

I agree with Prime about the Lions.

TO is a freak of nature gifted athlete, even though he's older - too bad he's also totally mental.

I read that the Cowboys are paying him $9 million to go away. What does that say about him?

I think he'll end up with the Raiders.

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:15 am

PRIME1 wrote:
Personally I think the Lions need a QB

Actually I think they need a defensive and offensive line first. No QB you would draft would last a season behind what they have now. Oh and since everyone ran roughshod over the defense last year maybe being able to stop someone would be helpful.

Seriously quality teams are built from the inside out. The only reason the G-Men beat the Pats was their Defensive line outplayed the Pats O line. Who had been brilliant all year. Come on how many times did you see Brady stop to order takeout while waiting for receivers to get open down field that year?

O-line and D-line this year, cause you are right about one thing, they are going to have a piss poor season again no matter what they do. So you should have a decent draft pick again next year. Hopefully this crew won't screw up as many high draft picks as Millen did.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."

If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

Lucky Jack Aubrey
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:21 am

Whoever picks up TO (if anyone does) might get a very good first year out of him - maybe. His first year here in Dallas, he pretty much kept his mouth shut and played the game. Perhaps Parcells had something to do with that, but it was a pleasant surprise to me. Of course, there was the whole drug overdose/suicide attempt thing that year, depending on who you believe...

In any case, after the end of year one at the latest, the trouble will start - and TO ain't no spring chicken anymore.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:06 am

z-man wrote:

Actually I think they need a defensive and offensive line first. No QB you would draft would last a season behind what they have now. Oh and since everyone ran roughshod over the defense last year maybe being able to stop someone would be helpful.

There are plenty of good line men out there. They already picked up a few from free agency and could easily get a few more from the draft. Right now I don't see a worthy QB in the draft or in free agency. Unless Cutler get disgruntled enough to leave Denver.

Maybe Farve can play a season here till we find one. :P

As for TO he will also need a good QB to keep his numbers up.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:52 pm

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:21 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9306636/Source:-Owens-making-free-agent-visit-to-Bills

Da Bills?

Since they're rumored to be the first NFL team to move to Canada, specifically Toronto, TO should play well in TO (Toronto, Ontario for y'all not up on Canadian slang).
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil
Topic Author

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:39 am

$6.5 mil to play in Buff. :o

MethylONE
Gerbil XP

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:00 am

I don't believe that TO will ever get back any respect that hey may have had. No question that he's physically gifted but something is broken in his mind. Pro Bowler everywhere he goes and yet leaves each team as a hated team breaker.

I'm a lifetime Cowboy fan and was happy when he showed up in Dallas, but I'm also happy that he's gone. I do wish him the best.
License to kill gophers.

firerules16
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:05 am

As a die hard Cowboys fan, I'm pretty torn. Though I will miss his ability to make plays, (though we didn't see too much of that last season) the crazy, overblown TO drama will not be missed.

I do not think Roy Williams has what it takes to be a #1 receiver though.
I7 4770K @ 4.3 ghz (delidded) | Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler | Asus Z87-A Mobo | G.SKILL Ares 16GB DDR3-1866 RAM| Gigabyte GTX 970 OC x 2 (SLI) | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD | 3 TB Mechanical Storage | Corsair Carbide 400R Enclosure | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W PSU

themattman
Gerbil Elite

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 pm

"I just have to create my own following up here in North America. I'm leaving America's team to come to North America's team." :P

No offence to Buffalo, but since when was there the North American team?
|Intel Q9450 @3.6 1.425v|Lapped TRUE|Gigabyte EP45-UD3P|Mushkin & Patriot 2x2gb DDR2-900|EVGA 8800 GTS 512 750/1873/1000|Antec 900|Corsair 520HX|Asus Xonar DX|
13895 3DMarks

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 pm

themattman wrote:
"I just have to create my own following up here in North America. I'm leaving America's team to come to North America's team." :P

Um, TO must think he's in TO.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

LicketySplit
Gerbil God

Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
themattman wrote:

Um, TO must think he's in TO.

Meh...TO just doesnt THINK....period. Todays atheletes are overpaid crybabies. He isnt alone in this endeavor. Look at me...im GOOD..........pffffffffffffft...IMOHO none of the bastages are worth the money they get. If you think about it..how many families can save enough money to go to maybe one or two games a year at current prices. A family of four is looking at 200 bucks plus to attend a game. Just how many can do that more than a couple times a year? I wish the stands were empty and the NFL and Goodell went tits up :lol: Not to mention Baseball and Basketball either. They are ALL to way overpaid.
Just an old sheepdog waiting for some nasty wolves to show...ive got more than enough teeth left.

Skrying
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Except people have shown time and time they're willing to overpay on everything. Stupid people pay the salaries of professional athletes, stupid people sign up for loans they can't afford, then they all turn around and blame the person they just gave their money to. You're paid as much as much as you can charge for it and still bring people to see you. Until then you're either underpaid or spot on. I'd say most professional sports are spot on. If a family can afford to go to a professional sports game multiple times a year then they're either doing just fine or stupid.