Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

NFL Draft

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 am

The draft is next weekend.Discuss who you'd like to see your team pick or whatever.As a Bills fan , pro football has lost its appeal the last 10 years.I thought the addition of TO was an interesting option for a year.Trading LT Jason Peters to Philly for the 28th pick was probably a good move since Buffalo would have never given him what he wanted.I'd like to see them take a DE and LT in round one. A tight end and linebacker are definite needs too.I'm interested to see if Detroit takes Stafford as the number one pick.Seeing the success Baltimore and Atlanta with Flacco and Ryan last year I wonder if the Lions will pull the trigger on him.I'm still not sold on Trent Edwards as Buffalo's qb at this point.
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,
EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

lex-ington
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: NFL Draft

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:30 am

I think Edwards is fine as a QB. What the coaches need to do is grow some balls and stop worrying about the "long ball" and try to win a some games to get into the playoffs. A good tight end and a proper slot receiver - or one who isn't afraid to take a lick when crossing the field - will give Edwards exactly what he needs to excel as a QB and allow the offense to pick apart the defenses in their division.

I am a Colts fan, and we NEED to shore up the defense. Especially the front four. The Colts achilles heal is the run defense (or lack there of). If they can solidify the front four, that will give the safety's the much needed breathing room to double up on receivers, just in case the QB is like Manning and audible all flippin' day.
. . . this is the digital projection of your mental self. . . .

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:53 am

B.J. Raji will be long gone by the time that the Colts pick at #27. They might get Peria Jerry, out of Mississippi.

Corrado

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 am

Eagles fan here. We got the LT we needed. Now we should trade the other 1st and one of the 17 5th round pics we have along with reggie brown for Anquan Bolding. If they had that OLine, Westbrook, Curtis, Boldin, DeSean Jackson and Hank Baskett, they'd be unstoppable. Who the hell do you double? Curtis and Boldin would wreak havok underneath if you double Jackson, if you double either of them, Jackson is 15 yards in front of his defender. Hank Baskett is tall enough for the fade route in the red zone. Westbrook is already a scat back machine... and that OLine will give McNabb the time he needs to find whoever is open. Can't lose.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:50 am

I saw one mock draft that had the Packers taking Tyson Jackson from LSU. I only saw him play once last year in their bowl game but he looked OK. I still think we need big help in the secondary but what the hell do I know
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Corrado

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 am

idchafee wrote:
I saw one mock draft that had the Packers taking Tyson Jackson from LSU. I only saw him play once last year in their bowl game but he looked OK. I still think we need big help in the secondary but what the hell do I know

I agree. You guys need to take the best safety or corner on the board when you get your pick, bar none. And take the other in the 2nd round. You're pretty loaded on offense, but the D really let the O down last year for sure.

MethylONE
Gerbil XP

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:00 pm

rogue426 wrote:
I thought the addition of TO was an interesting option for a year.Trading LT Jason Peters to Philly for the 28th pick was probably a good move since Buffalo would have never given him what he wanted.I'd like to see them take a DE and LT in round one. A tight end and linebacker are definite needs too.I'm interested to see if Detroit takes Stafford as the number one pick.Seeing the success Baltimore and Atlanta with Flacco and Ryan last year I wonder if the Lions will pull the trigger on him.I'm still not sold on Trent Edwards as Buffalo's qb at this point.

Keeping Peters would have been difficult for sure but he cannot be replaced. Even the very best rookie LTs take a couple years to develop and there are no 'Jake Longs' in this draft. I thought it was strange to bring in an old wide receiver and then trade your young superstar LT. I think Buffalo is looking at 8 - 8 season at best.

I do think Detroit is going to take Stafford. They need a QB and he looks like the real deal. Calvin Johnson is a stud and with a big arm throwing to him he could lead the league. (I believe he did lead the league in average per catch last year.)

I'm a Cowboy fan and have no idea where we'll be this season. We could win it all or not make the playoffs and neither would surprise me.
License to kill gophers.

mattsteg
Gerbil God

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:19 pm

MethylONE wrote:
(I believe he did lead the league in average per catch last year.)

Nah, he was 6th.

rogue426
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:09 pm

MethylONE wrote:
rogue426 wrote:
I thought the addition of TO was an interesting option for a year.Trading LT Jason Peters to Philly for the 28th pick was probably a good move since Buffalo would have never given him what he wanted.I'd like to see them take a DE and LT in round one. A tight end and linebacker are definite needs too.I'm interested to see if Detroit takes Stafford as the number one pick.Seeing the success Baltimore and Atlanta with Flacco and Ryan last year I wonder if the Lions will pull the trigger on him.I'm still not sold on Trent Edwards as Buffalo's qb at this point.

Keeping Peters would have been difficult for sure but he cannot be replaced. Even the very best rookie LTs take a couple years to develop and there are no 'Jake Longs' in this draft. I thought it was strange to bring in an old wide receiver and then trade your young superstar LT. I think Buffalo is looking at 8 - 8 season at best.

I do think Detroit is going to take Stafford. They need a QB and he looks like the real deal. Calvin Johnson is a stud and with a big arm throwing to him he could lead the league. (I believe he did lead the league in average per catch last year.)

I'm a Cowboy fan and have no idea where we'll be this season. We could win it all or not make the playoffs and neither would surprise me.

I was surprised at the signing of T.O. myself,but they need to sell tickets and he usually doesnt cause many problems in his first year with teams.Peters was unhappy and it seems the Bills usually let players get away in free agency anyways, they certainly werent going to give him 60 mill to hang around.I have no hopes of Buffalo ever reaching the playoffs again in my lifetime.
ASUS P5B-E,ConroeE6400,2GB Mushkin DDR2 800,

EVGA 8800GTS,Corsair 520HX,Antec 900,WD320 GB,Samsung 204B

MethylONE
Gerbil XP

Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 pm

mattsteg wrote:
MethylONE wrote:
(I believe he did lead the league in average per catch last year.)

Nah, he was 6th.

That was from memory, from last years FFT. I think he was leading in average at some point but Devery Henderson at 24.8 ypg is insane. Hadn't really looked over all the end of year stats. Still, with 1331 yds, 17.1 avg, and 12 TDs on the worst team in football - I'd still call him a stud.

(Thanks for the fact check tho ;-))
License to kill gophers.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:34 pm

From a rumor I heard. The Lions will draft Stafford, but they won't pay him #1 pick money. I guess they may have already worked out a deal. Basically if the Lions don't take him he may have ended up like Brady Quinn falling far down the list.

Although there is still a chance Favre could come back....
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark