Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Zoomastigophora
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Xonar DX Windows 7 RTM Drivers

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 pm

They're out, although they still marked as Beta. Grab them off the Asus support site.

moriz
Gerbil XP

Re: Xonar DX Windows 7 RTM Drivers

Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

the xonar dx works fine for me as long as i don't turn on EAX 5 emulation, so hopefully these drivers will cure that problem for me. with it turned on, even Guild Wars will crash.

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Dagnabbit, still no love for the D2X and Windows 7 x64. I've been waiting for D2X drovers since the Beta win 7 drivers only worked for the RC and not the RTM. The drivers before that works in games but i get errors during the startup.

Oh well, with DX drivers out, D2X drivers cant be that far behind.

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:27 pm

ROFL, i just looked for the D2X drivers, and even though its the same driver i downloaded last time, seems one of asus QA people made a mistake, because the update time says it was a newer update, this time around, while getting the same driver, it also contained the asus test protocol and which test the drivers failed. Dont think that was ment for public scrutiny really.

morphine
TR Staff

Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:03 pm

Aphasia wrote:
ROFL, i just looked for the D2X drivers, and even though its the same driver i downloaded last time, seems one of asus QA people made a mistake, because the update time says it was a newer update, this time around, while getting the same driver, it also contained the asus test protocol and which test the drivers failed. Dont think that was ment for public scrutiny really.

Give us the details :)
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 pm

Not very much to say, for some reason it failed a DX10 test, but it only seems to be an information thing. I took screenshots of the wordpages and erased the test engineers name though.
Although it was the 1771 tested on the 7100 release of Win 7. Some tests seem to have been disbanded for different reasons.

http://www.damocles.nu/pub/files/D2X_17 ... Test_Plan/

Also, seems they are revamping their driver system. Now the OS-list on the d2x doesnt even include Win 7 at all.

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:16 pm

The Win 7 D2x RTM driver finally came out today. Seems to work just fine...