Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Flying Fox
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Re: HD4350, HDMI audio issues

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:28 pm

What kind of files were you trying to play?
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Axeman, I feel all your problems as well. The only difference is I am trying to get my 4350 to work with windows 7. I can get 5.1 pcm, but I can't get the dts or ac3 pass through to work. I really want to get my htpc to work with this soon.
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.

Flying Fox
Gerbil God
Topic Author

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:32 am

mmmmmdonuts21 wrote:
Axeman, I feel all your problems as well. The only difference is I am trying to get my 4350 to work with windows 7. I can get 5.1 pcm, but I can't get the dts or ac3 pass through to work. I really want to get my htpc to work with this soon.

When I was using the 4550 with Win7 RC, I really needed to mess with ffdshow's settings to get that going. Once that is done the passthrough works. I don't have 5.1 LPCM material so I can't really test that, but the receiver defaults to 5.1 LPCM mode anyways and when I'm playing AC3 materials the DD sign lights up. ;)

Still need to figure how to upmix all stereo stuff to 5.1 automagically though, but I'm happy with those H.264+AC3-in-MKV stuff.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

mmmmmdonuts21
Gerbil Elite

Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:59 am

Thanks for your help Flying Fox. While searching how to use ffdshow I stumbled upon this website: http://shark007.net/index.html

From there I then installed the 32bit package and then the 64 bit package. I changed three settings in the audio tab

1) Changed speakers from 2 channel to 5.1
2) checked set AC3 fliter to use spdif passthrough
3) clicked use passthrough under the ffdshow option area.

I recommend trying this option if your having problems. It was a beautiful sight seeing the red lights DD on my receiver light up. I did it on windows 7 x64.
To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing
You know, boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like a woman. You just have to read the manual and press the right buttons.