Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Captain Ned

Obsidian
Gerbil Elite

Re: How everyone did - football

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Heh, it's almost as close a race for second place in TR>All :P
Intel [email protected] w/ Xigmatek HDT-S1283|Sapphire HD 4850 512MB|G.Skill Pi Black 4GB DDR2 800|Gigabyte EP45-DS3L|WD SE16 640GB|Antec Neo Power 500|Antec Nine Hundred|Dell S2209W|Logitech G9|Sidewinder X6|Razer Exactmat|Klipsch ProMedia 2.1|Windows 7 64

monts
Gerbil Jedi
Location: Western Australia (Gods Own Country for those uncertain)

Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Obsidian wrote:
Heh, it's almost as close a race for second place in TR>All :P

I know, It would've have been nice if one of my quarterbacks could've played and got some points.
iMac 27” | MacBook Air.
Cricket and AFL (Fremantle Dockers) tragic.

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Hah.. at least you don't have Eli and Kurt as your QB's... Where am I going to find a QB this late in the season?

monts
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:44 pm

druidcent wrote:
Hah.. at least you don't have Eli and Kurt as your QB's... Where am I going to find a QB this late in the season?

Better than that, Kurt and Big Ben. Both sitting out with concussion. Kurt's on the can not remove list as well.
iMac 27” | MacBook Air.

Obsidian
Gerbil Elite

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 pm

It's times like these when a 3QB rotation like I have in my other league help out. Everyone says I'm crazy but when Cutler throws 5 picks and Eli gets banged up it's nice to have Favre warming the bench.

Of course all my WR's average about 3 points per game (thanks a lot, real Steve Smith) so I'm still not making the playoffs with that team :roll:
Intel [email protected] w/ Xigmatek HDT-S1283|Sapphire HD 4850 512MB|G.Skill Pi Black 4GB DDR2 800|Gigabyte EP45-DS3L|WD SE16 640GB|Antec Neo Power 500|Antec Nine Hundred|Dell S2209W|Logitech G9|Sidewinder X6|Razer Exactmat|Klipsch ProMedia 2.1|Windows 7 64

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 pm

This is probably going to be my last year with fantasy football. I just don't follow it enough; not sure what my excuse is with baseball, though. :lol:

To be clear, though, I'm not quitting. I will still play my teams and will not let them die.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:46 pm

monts wrote:
Kurt's on the can not remove list as well.

Is there a way to remove this next year? I hate when you can't cut some worthless piece of crap.
"Give me a scotch. I'm starving" ~ Tony Stark

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:47 pm

PRIME1 wrote:
monts wrote:
Kurt's on the can not remove list as well.

Is there a way to remove this next year? I hate when you can't cut some worthless piece of crap.

remind me next year and I'll check. I don't see it in the settings right now, but some settings go away post-draft.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:09 pm

idchafee wrote:
remind me next year and I'll check. I don't see it in the settings right now, but some settings go away post-draft.

Commish Tools > Rules & Gameplay > League Settings. Set can't cut list provider to None.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Topic Author

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:11 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
idchafee wrote:

Commish Tools > Rules & Gameplay > League Settings. Set can't cut list provider to None.

OK, cool.

As to recaps.....I fail. As you can see, I haven't done them in quite some time. And most of my regular helpers have been busy as well. That, added to the fact that I just don't think all that many people read them makes me less that motivated to spend the hour or two a week that it requires to do them right. I dunno, maybe I'll rediscover the mojo next season.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:14 pm

idchafee wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:
idchafee wrote:

OK, cool.

As to recaps.....I fail. As you can see, I haven't done them in quite some time. And most of my regular helpers have been busy as well. That, added to the fact that I just don't think all that many people read them makes me less that motivated to spend the hour or two a week that it requires to do them right. I dunno, maybe I'll rediscover the mojo next season.

Eh shizzle happens. I think the format you use makes it take longer to put together. We need some code guru to automate it for us.

Granted my teams have fallen apart, much like the Cowboys of December. So any recap I read would be nothing but a bitter pill. :x

Cuhulin
Gerbil First Class

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:51 pm

I don't think a code guru is necessary as much as we need to rely more on yahoo for the scores and standings and then bring the chat and comments back here. Ironically, though I liked a lot of the comments after the scores, I didn't see them until today, when I saw the reference to them -- have been working on my team and watching the standings on yahoo.

As one of the last remaining Raiders fans, I particularly liked the comment that my two Raiders in week one were two too many! At that time, I think I had three or four on my roster and had considered doing an all raiders team!

My proposal would be to simply copy the league standings into a weekly forum post -- should take 10 minutes on Tuesday -- and then have comments.

I also think the decreasing comments this year are a sign of the difficult times. Hopefully, by next year, things will be a little less depressed.
For Work: Corsair One Pro, i7-7700, 16GB, GTX 1080, Samsung 49KS8000 and 2xAsus 27" 4K, 2 x Sonos Play 5

For Play: Ryzen 5, MSI B350M, 8GB, Radeon 580 and building....

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:45 am

druidcent wrote:
Whoa... I just looked at the standings in the TR Forum Freeks league... 6 teams are tied for first with a record of 7-5 and only one more week to go in the regular season!
There are four teams at 8-5 and two at 7-6 in the last week, all playing each other to determine who makes it into the playoffs. There's going to be a 3-way, 4-way or 5-way tie at 8-6 with the tie breakers determining which two 8-6 teams don't get in.

druidcent

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Booyah! Second place by a point :)

Are you sure about that? I'm playing a 5-8 team.. and I'm rooting for the 7-6 teams :)

I just can't believe no one clinched a spot yet :) Best FF league I've played in ever.

As to the recaps, I think the hardest part is getting the screen caps. Also some games deserve comments and some don't... maybe people can post comments about which ever game they feel like. Hopefully it would spread the workload, but the only problem would be that it's hard to track which comment for which game..

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 pm

druidcent wrote:
I just can't believe no one clinched a spot yet :) Best FF league I've played in ever.
Yahoo! Fantasy Football wrote:
If, at the end of the season, two or more teams in a non-division league finish with the same overall record, the following system will be used to break the tie:
1. Overall winning percentage.
2. Fantasy points scored.
3. Fantasy points scored in Week 17.
4. Fantasy points scored in Week 16.
5. Fantasy points scored in Week 15.
6. Fantasy points scored in Week 14.
etc.
No-one has absolutely clinched a spot yet, but with a 127 point advantage over the second highest scoring team, even if my team loses to mattsteg this week, we're still very likely to have the highest season point total of the teams finishing at 8-6, virtually ensuring us of at least the 4th place playoff berth.

The other three current 8-5 teams could be anywhere from the #1 seed to missing the playoffs after this week. The two current 7-6 teams could be anywhere from the #2 seed to missing the playoffs after this week. All six of these teams control their own destiny.

The pressure is definitely on.

druidcent

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Yep.. I doubt I can make up a 127pt difference, but could you please beat mattsteg for me.. He's the main threat I'm worried about :D Then I just need the mullets to sit tight, and I'll be able to breath easy... OTOH, I just noticed that we've got 2 weeks to play.. so things could dicey...

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:23 pm

It's Damage's 7-6 team that currently has the second-highest point total. If they beat the Mullets, there's a very good chance that Damaged Goods will make the playoffs.

druidcent

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok.. I'm an idiot.. it's only this week before the playoffs.. :P and yes, I'm rooting for you and the Mullets.. :)

monts
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 pm

It's a week to go to playoffs and it's looks like I'll improve from last year and make the consolation finals at least.
iMac 27” | MacBook Air.

FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:23 am

I always read the recaps, for what it's worth. Sorry about dropping the ball earlier in the season when I said I would do them once.
There's always the "podcast" idea I floated to you at the BBQ. A verbal recap might be even more amusing.
I'm sure it would be stiffie-style NC-17 rated :lol:

I've clinched playoff spots in 6/8 teams and in the playoff running this week in the other two :-)
Making the playoffs in all teams was my first goal. Winning at least 4 titles is my 2nd goal 8)

Kevin
Administrator

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:41 am

First place in the Keeper league, which is one league I really wanted to do well in. Now that all the fantasy football sites are blocked at work, I find I don't nearly have as much time to spend on it as I'd like. I guess that means my work did the right thing in blocking the sites. :lol:
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

druidcent

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Bah humbug... looks like another crap year in the keeper league :( Looks like I've got first pick next year... I'd like to thank whoever dropped Steve Slaton though.. Hopefully he'll get over his fumblitis for next year...

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 pm

DeSean Jackson came up big for my team last night. That's a good thing, because I had Percy Harvin (missed the game with a migraine headache) playing instead of Roy Williams or Michael Crabtree.

I'm trying to figure out why Pete started Correll Buckhalter when he had Thomas Jones on the bench.

druidcent

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm

It also looks like I'm on my way to locking up the 2nd seed in the Forum Freeks league.. I can't believe I came back from an 0-3 start... :) Brees has been a godsend this year...

monts
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:48 am

I'm not so estatic about the fact that Kurt Warner & Tim Hightower combined for 0.72 points. What a way to help my team :evil:
iMac 27” | MacBook Air.

thill9
Gerbil First Class

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:00 am

monts wrote:
I'm not so estatic about the fact that Kurt Warner & Tim Hightower combined for 0.72 points. What a way to help my team :evil:

To think that I was even slightly concerned that those two may cover the 48 points that you were behind. :wink: You've had a rough season, went from being tied with Obsidian at 6-2, to ending up at 6-8.

As for the rest of TR>All, I was surprised how Obsidian came back down to earth. Dude was 9-2 three weeks ago. Even more impressive is the fact that Green Power has come from 2-6 to 8-6 now. Glad I'm not playing him this week.

Kevin
Administrator

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:07 am

So what are the final standings for all the leagues? It seems like there weren't a lot of really good/really bad teams this year.

Playoffs for me in the Keeper league, that makes 3 years in a row. Gone from 4th (league champion), to 2nd (lost championship game), to 1st. Who's your daddy?
Being right doesn't matter if no one listens.

PRIME1
Darth Gerbil

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am

I'm like the cowboys (only with a worse record). I start the season awesome (5-0) then fall apart as winter approaches.

Cuhulin
Gerbil First Class

Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:33 am

Wakes up. Shakes head. Pinches wrist.

Green Power was at 2-6 and now is in the playoffs after the most improbable 6 game winning streak. (I thought the losing streak was a little odd, but this is incredible.)

I'm stunned!

Now, about that running back of mine who can't play the rest of the season :)
For Work: Corsair One Pro, i7-7700, 16GB, GTX 1080, Samsung 49KS8000 and 2xAsus 27" 4K, 2 x Sonos Play 5

For Play: Ryzen 5, MSI B350M, 8GB, Radeon 580 and building....

druidcent

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:35 pm

In the Keeper league, I'm apparently like the Detroit Lions.. all good players turn to crap :P

I'm just glad that it didn't happen for the regular league.. now I'm hoping I can extend my winning streak to 6...