THZ II - Take Down the Cap'n
As the victor of the last contest, I'm going to take initiative and kick this new one off as I think pete_roth should be able to add his new, massive acquisitions. This is a beginning shot, so I would like this post to be edited if anything needs to be changed, I'm going to make things up as I go along here.
A few rules:
1) AMD64 model numbers will be used instead of actual clock cycles. In the case of overclocked systems and FX/Opteron chips we'll guess the equivalent 64 model number.
2) Athlon XPs over 2500+ will be given 90% of their official rating to reflect the fact they are a bit slower than similarly clocked a64s (eg.an axp 3000+ would be a 2700+) axps under 2500+ are in fact clocked high enough to warrant their rating.
3)Dothans will be rated the same as athlon XPs.
4)Celerons and Semprons will be rated as 80% of their mhz/rating. (so multiply by .8 )
5) If a system will not be running 24/7 then guess how much it will be run and we'll use a percentage. For example, if you add a 3Ghz P4 but it will only run 8 hours a day it only counts as 1Ghz.
6) Please only post additions to your farm that you are quite certian will be permanent.
7) ONLY post in this thread after F@H is up and running on the new computer[s], no posting that you're going to be adding this or that...
8 ) We are subtracting losses now, ladies and germs, so if that system you added 2 weeks ago goes to the great silicon beyond, OFF IT COMES FROM THE TOTAL!
We will hopefully soon have a means to automatically to derive additions soon (though playing with these numbers will be fun for me).
A couple stipulations:
The prize is TBD, i'm basically kicking this off now so we have a place to put our additions, it will probably take a few days to iron everything out.
This is ONLY for computers that have been added since 11/06/05!!! Please do not post your personal farm here!
Also, keep track of your total contribution yourself. YOU WILL NOT be eligible for the prize at the end if you don't do so. We will of course be double checking the math...
Lastly, don't post ANYTHING in this thread that isn't about how you just added more boxen, not comments, no nothing, we have a seperate thread for that.
I fully intend to win this one as well, and I am NOT going to make it easy for anyone to take me down! You hear that, emkubed??? Don't think I don't know that I'm just a champion on paper, I'm going to rectify that this time around!
Last edited by leor
on Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.