Matrox beefs up TripleHead2Go
Matrox has enhanced its TripleHead2Go "expansion module" with support for new resolution modes and higher refresh rates. The TripleHead2Go began
shipping late last month with support for up to three VGA monitors
at resolutions up to 1280 x 1024, adding up to a maximum combined
resolution of 3840 x 1024. Promising better wide-screen, dual-display,
and CRT support, Matrox today added capability for a number of new
resolutions and display modes:
- 2560 x 1024 at 60 Hz, for dual 1280 x 1024 display support.
- 3360 x 1050 at 60 Hz, for dual 1680 x 1050 wide-screen display support.
- 3072 x 768 at 85 Hz, for triple 1024 x 768 at a more comfortable
refresh rate for CRT displays.
- 3840 x 720 at 60 Hz, for triple 1280 x 720 wide-screen displays.
- 3840 x 768 at 60 Hz, for triple 1280 x 768 wide-screen displays.
These resolutions are enabled by a new TripleHead2Go
Mode Expansion Tool downloadable from Matrox's website. In addition
to adding new resolutions, Matrox also says it has worked to improve
system compatibility. Matrox's compatibility
list for the TripleHead2Go includes most modern graphics cards from
ATI and NVIDIA, and even many of Intel's integrated graphics offerings
like the 945G, 915G, and 865G Express chipsets.