Finally. Radeon users can now enjoy both Rage and Battlefield 3 on their PCs without having to juggle driver releases. Isn't progress grand? The "unified" Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview is available right here on AMD's knowledge base website; it supports Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
The feature list reads as follows:
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series for single GPU configurations.
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
- Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
- Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
- Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
- Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.
AMD's a wee bit behind Nvidia on this one. Beta GeForce drivers with both BF3 and Rage optimizations were released back on September 26, before the public BF3 beta even opened.
|TR's 2014 Christmas gift guide||26|
|Tuesday Night Shortbread||6|
|Nvidia expands Grid selection with #GridTuesday initiative||3|
|Lian Li sticks a window on its PC-Q33 Mini-ITX case||12|
|This origami contraption simplifies checking CPU cooler clearances||22|
|Far Cry 4 patch addresses black-screen issue||39|
|Fractal Design's Define R5 mid-tower looks like one stealthy Scandinavian||50|
|Gaming on the Grid with Nvidia's Shield Tablet||5|
|Symantec says a Stuxnet-like trojan has been spying for years||40|
|I'll take old-school over Optimus Prime's nutsack covered in neon lights any day of the week.||+53|