Finally. Radeon users can now enjoy both Rage and Battlefield 3 on their PCs without having to juggle driver releases. Isn't progress grand? The "unified" Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview is available right here on AMD's knowledge base website; it supports Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
The feature list reads as follows:
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series for single GPU configurations.
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
- Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
- Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
- Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
- Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.
AMD's a wee bit behind Nvidia on this one. Beta GeForce drivers with both BF3 and Rage optimizations were released back on September 26, before the public BF3 beta even opened.
|Deal of the week: Black Friday begins||23|
|Report: Windows 10 Consumer Preview coming in January||5|
|Watch the first trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII||25|
|Black Friday brings a bounty of PC game discounts||4|
|More Black Friday deals: a 27'' IPS display for $290, a loaded 11.6'' convertible for $600, and more||4|
|Wednesday Night Shortbread||36|
|The TR Podcast 166: Reader questions, Asus answers, and our mobile recs||3|
|Ubisoft doles out freebies to make up for AC Unity issues||26|
|I'll take old-school over Optimus Prime's nutsack covered in neon lights any day of the week.||+68|