Finally. Radeon users can now enjoy both Rage and Battlefield 3 on their PCs without having to juggle driver releases. Isn't progress grand? The "unified" Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview is available right here on AMD's knowledge base website; it supports Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
The feature list reads as follows:
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series for single GPU configurations.
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
- Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
- Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
- Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
- Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.
AMD's a wee bit behind Nvidia on this one. Beta GeForce drivers with both BF3 and Rage optimizations were released back on September 26, before the public BF3 beta even opened.
|Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card reviewed||182|
|Color TV Day Shortbread||49|
|Oculus removes hardware check DRM from Rift exclusives||14|
|Only one month to go before the "second-10th" TR BBQ||8|
|Deals of the week: an affordable Core i7-6700K and gaming gear||20|
|3DMark is getting a full-featured DirectX 12 benchmark||29|
|Swim-a-Lap Day Shortbread||18|
|Steam Summer Picnic sale is all about tasty games||42|
|Corsair Vengeance LED DIMMs are serious about color coordination||22|