Finally. Radeon users can now enjoy both Rage and Battlefield 3 on their PCs without having to juggle driver releases. Isn't progress grand? The "unified" Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview is available right here on AMD's knowledge base website; it supports Windows 7, Vista, and XP.
The feature list reads as follows:
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series for single GPU configurations.
- Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
- Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
- Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
- Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
- Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX™, GPU AMD Overdrive™ and Information Center pages.
AMD's a wee bit behind Nvidia on this one. Beta GeForce drivers with both BF3 and Rage optimizations were released back on September 26, before the public BF3 beta even opened.
|Zotac's ''Pico'' PC runs Windows, slips into a pocket||58|
|Wednesday Evening Shortbread||28|
|Asus shows glimpse of ZenWatch; Apple 'wearable' coming Sept 9||13|
|Dropbox Pro now offers 1TB of storage for $9.99 a month||33|
|Predicting player inputs smoothes streaming PC games||23|
|Bloomberg: 12.9'' iPad coming in 2015||38|
|Gigabyte, Enermax, and Samsung haiku contest winners chosen||37|
|Seagate ships first 8TB hard drive||49|
|Now we can lose our data 8TB at a time.||+44|