PC gamers will have to wait almost four more weeks to get our hands on Batman: Arkham City. For some, that will be a good opportunity to upgrade. Shacknews has posted the game's minimum and recommend system requirements, and it sounds like you'll need a relatively beefy PC to enjoy all of the eye candy on display.
Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
- CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.5 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 with 768MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 compatible)
- Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100 per cent DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
- DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
- Hard Drive: 17.5 GB free disk space
- Input Devices: 100 per cent Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard or Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
The Radeon HD 6850 and GeForce GTX 460 1GB still sell for 150 bucks. (Nvidia discontinued the cheaper, 768MB version of the GTX 460 some time ago.) Luckily, 2GB DIMMs are a dime a dozen, and any self-respecting PC gamer should have at least 4GB of RAM in their system already. The same goes for CPUs with two or more speedy cores.
As Shacknews points out, Arkham City will support DirectX 11 tessellation. The game will also give GeForce owners some special treats, including hardware-accelerated PhysX effects and GeForce 3D Vision support.
|Nvidia admits, explains GeForce GTX 970 memory allocation issue||143|
|Here's my guest appearance on tonight's Alt+Tab Show||10|
|Watch John Romero talk about Doom level design||40|
|I'll be on Newegg TV's Alt+Tab show live at 3PM PT||15|
|Windows 10 build 9926 adds Cortana, Continuum, and more||39|
|Apacer exec sees 256GB SSDs falling below $70 this year||45|
|Deal of the week: IPS monitors with 4K and 1080p resolutions||11|
|Haswell CPU and Radeon graphics team up in ASRock's VisionX mini PC||14|
|Report: Google to launch its own cellular service||82|
|HA. AMD in the red and nVidia in the green. Thats funny cause you know... *cough* oh forget it.||+80|