PC gamers will have to wait almost four more weeks to get our hands on Batman: Arkham City. For some, that will be a good opportunity to upgrade. Shacknews has posted the game's minimum and recommend system requirements, and it sounds like you'll need a relatively beefy PC to enjoy all of the eye candy on display.
Recommended System Requirements
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
- CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.5 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 with 768MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 compatible)
- Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100 per cent DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
- DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
- Hard Drive: 17.5 GB free disk space
- Input Devices: 100 per cent Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard or Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
The Radeon HD 6850 and GeForce GTX 460 1GB still sell for 150 bucks. (Nvidia discontinued the cheaper, 768MB version of the GTX 460 some time ago.) Luckily, 2GB DIMMs are a dime a dozen, and any self-respecting PC gamer should have at least 4GB of RAM in their system already. The same goes for CPUs with two or more speedy cores.
As Shacknews points out, Arkham City will support DirectX 11 tessellation. The game will also give GeForce owners some special treats, including hardware-accelerated PhysX effects and GeForce 3D Vision support.
|Core i7-4790K 'Devil's Canyon' overclocking revisited||15|
|Steam controller gets an analog stick||29|
|Delays strike Battlefield: Hardline, Dragon Age: Inquisition||14|
|It's official: Microsoft will consolidate Windows development||41|
|Microsoft's 2014 revenue up 11.5%, but income stagnates||26|
|Tuesday Night Shortbread||49|
|New Humble Bundle includes Thief, Deus Ex, Anachronox, Hitman||30|
|Nvidia Shield Tablet is packed with ports, possibilities||58|
|Intel adopts SK Hynix flash for Pro 2500 Series SSD||10|
|The new new name for the UI is called Retro.||+36|