Radeon owners aren't the only ones being treated to pre-release drivers this week. Earlier today, Nvidia rolled out its GeForce 290.36 beta drivers, touting a blend of visual enhancements, support for new hardware, and bug fixes.
Nvidia says the 290.36 release lets users tweak ambient occlusion for both Skyrim and Modern Warfare 3 via the Nvidia Control Panel. The news story on GeForce.com includes instructions and a handful of comparative screenshots. Other fresh additions include support for multi-display Nvidia Surround configurations on X79 motherboards, support for 3D Vision over DisplayPort 1.1 on BenQ's XL2420T and XL2420TX displays, and 3D Vision profiles for a handful of new and upcoming games, including Modern Warfare 3 and Diablo 3.
On top of that, Nvidia claims to have squashed a decent number of bugs. Here's the list:
- Fixes random flickering as Windows boot logo is loading or fading away.
- Fixes corruption in Crysis 2 with SLI and lower quality shadow settings.
- Fixes ability to set Surround resolutions to 5760x1080 using custom resolutions.
- Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3.
- Fixes corruption and flickering of some objects in Battlefield 3 in the New York single-player level when anti-aliasing is enabled.
- Fixes corruption seen in Settlers 7 with the NVIDIA 275.33 drivers.
- Fixes playback of videos or live TV using Window Media Center resulting in a black screen.
- Fixes the issue where 1920x1080 @60Hz PC resolution mode switched down to @59Hz.
- Fixes mouse cursor flickering and shaking in Crysis 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Deus Ex and Civilization V when SLI is enabled when using 3DTV Play.
You can grab the new drivers from the Beta/Legacy Driver Search page on Nvidia's GeForce.com website.
|1. Ryszard - $503||2. punkUser - $502||3. the - $306|
|4. SomeOtherGeek - $300||5. Ryu Connor - $250||6. doubtful500 - $200|
|7. Anonymous Gerbil - $150||8. cygnus1 - $126||9. danny e. - $125|
|10. SecretSquirrel - $125|
|Fractal Design's Define S is a leaner, meaner R5||29|
|Android Wear gets always-on apps, Wi-Fi support||4|
|Tiny MIT touchpad fits on your fingernail||16|
|OnePlus One sales now open to everyone||22|
|AMD says Windows 10 will be released in late July||30|
|Happy 50th birthday, Moore's Law||47|
|This week produced a bumper crop of security holes, patches||17|