Amid the endless (and sometimes confusing) flood of AMD Catalyst updates, it's easy to forget that Nvidia, too, releases updated graphics drivers on occasion. Nvidia did just that today, serving up its first set of drivers to be certified by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs in a while.
Available here, Nvidia's GeForce 295.73 WHQL drivers mix performance improvements, new features, and other, miscellaneous additions. The company was kind enough to sum up the highlights in an e-mail to us this morning:
- Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”
- Over 90% SLI scaling in Mass Effect 3.
- GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
- New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
In Skyrim, Nvidia says owners of GeForce GTX 560 and 560 Ti graphics cards should see particularly substantial performance gains in the game's "Ultra" graphical preset. Oh, and folks playing on 3D Vision setups are getting a "new 3D crosshair that better matches the game’s default 2D crosshair."
Other new features include WHQL support for Nvidia Surround multi-display configs with Intel X79 motherboards and support for windowed 3D Vision output on DLP TVs and "Optimized for GeForce passive 3D monitors."
The drivers also include a number of bug fixes, of course. You can peruse the full range of new additions and fixes, including a detailed listing of the new 3D Vision and SLI profiles, in the release notes (PDF).
|Somehow this translates into a dual-Hawaii card, right?||81|
|Amazon Prime gets a price hike; Google Drive gets a price cut||25|
|Report: Microsoft waives Windows Phone fees for Indian handset makers||24|
|Mozilla showcases Unreal Engine 4 running in Firefox with no plugins||27|
|Latest Snowden leak suggests the NSA can deploy and manage malware on massive scale||41|
|Unreal Engine 4 game, freemium credits populate new GeForce bundles||16|
|Introducing TR subscriptions||464|
|GeForces 800M series combines Maxwell, Kepler||19|
|We're gonna break the site for a while||56|
|The uncompressed audio sounds AMAZING over my $5000 speaker wire. It's truly worth every gigabyte.||+57|