Amid the endless (and sometimes confusing) flood of AMD Catalyst updates, it's easy to forget that Nvidia, too, releases updated graphics drivers on occasion. Nvidia did just that today, serving up its first set of drivers to be certified by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs in a while.
Available here, Nvidia's GeForce 295.73 WHQL drivers mix performance improvements, new features, and other, miscellaneous additions. The company was kind enough to sum up the highlights in an e-mail to us this morning:
- Game-changing performance boost of up to 45% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, “the fastest selling title in Steam’s history”
- Over 90% SLI scaling in Mass Effect 3.
- GeForce-exclusive quality enhancements with ambient occlusion support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Diablo III, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
- New 3D Vision and SLI profiles for over 50 titles.
- New PhysX software for the best experience in top PhysX titles like Alice: Madness Returns and Batman: Arkham City.
In Skyrim, Nvidia says owners of GeForce GTX 560 and 560 Ti graphics cards should see particularly substantial performance gains in the game's "Ultra" graphical preset. Oh, and folks playing on 3D Vision setups are getting a "new 3D crosshair that better matches the game’s default 2D crosshair."
Other new features include WHQL support for Nvidia Surround multi-display configs with Intel X79 motherboards and support for windowed 3D Vision output on DLP TVs and "Optimized for GeForce passive 3D monitors."
The drivers also include a number of bug fixes, of course. You can peruse the full range of new additions and fixes, including a detailed listing of the new 3D Vision and SLI profiles, in the release notes (PDF).
|SolidRun MicroSoM offers Braswell CPUs on a tiny package||10|
|Friday Night Shortbread||13|
|Doom's latest update adds Deathmatch and private matches||9|
|Rumor: Google to showcase mesh networking router soon||8|
|Deals of the week: SSD storage and a gaming laptop||15|
|Asus upgrades its G11 gaming desktops with Pascal power||9|
|Work with Pritchard again in Mankind Divided's System Rift DLC||5|
|Titanfall 2 PC requirements point to a smooth experience||33|
|DSFix creator Durante outlines the realities of game optimization||24|