Tinkering with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview on a Radeon-powered PC? Good news: there's a new Catalyst driver out designed specially for you. You can download it here... well, that is, unless you happen to be running a 7000-series Radeon. Those won't be supported until "the coming weeks," AMD says.
Here's what other Radeon users can look forward to:
- Native Stereo 3D support: Windows 8 will natively support Stereo 3D for full-screen and windowed gaming, and video applications
- Unified Video API – Video playback is now integrated within the DirectX® 11 API; enabling simultaneous high quality Video and 3D content, and the potential for enhanced video transcoding performance
- Optimized screen rotation
- improved sleep / resume performance
- Optimized Power Consumption
The Windows 8 Consumer Preview driver also supports Eyefinity, OpenCL, OpenGL, AMD's UVD video decoder block, CrossFire multi-GPU rigs, and Overdrive overclocking. AMD's Catalyst Control Center is along for the ride, too, so Windows 7 users should feel right at home.
|This year's Steam Holiday Sale is on||29|
|Our bonus TR live stream is up right now!||3|
|Minecraft: Story Mode coming next year||3|
|Join us this evening for a bonus TR live stream||9|
|Hang your PC on a wall with Lian Li's new O Series cases||25|
|100Mbps Internet available to most Americans, but not from multiple ISPs||58|
|Apple's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus smartphones reviewed||149|
|AnandTech purchased by parent company of Tom's Hardware||147|