GeForce owners, there's a fresh batch of drivers waiting for you—beta ones, version number 301.24. According to Nvidia's Andrew Burnes, these are an "essential upgrade for all GeForce users." They add support for features introduced with the GeForce GTX 680, including Adaptive Vsync, Nvidia's Frame Rate Target scheme, and an option to enable FXAA through the control panel. The features are detailed here; Burnes says they work on "all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs."
And that's not all. The 301.24 beta drivers also offer purported performance improvements of as much as 23% for single- and multi-GPU configs. (Nvidia says it recorded the highest gains in Skyrim with single cards and Just Cause 2 with SLI rigs.) Also in store are new features for Nvidia Surround triple-display systems:
- Add a fourth accessory display for access to email, web, or other applications while you game.
- Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode.
- Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display.
- Enable bezel peeking to temporarily peek behind the monitor bezels when using bezel-corrected resolutions.
- Add or remove resolution settings from the list of Surround resolutions.
- Full center display acceleration for single-wide display modes.
Finally, the 301.24 beta release adds a host of new SLI and 3D Vision profiles. Supported SLI games now include Alan Wake and Valve's upcoming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, which is currently in closed beta and is due out later this year.
You can grab the new drivers here.
|Here's the not-so-live video version of The TR Podcast 164||10|
|Here's what's cooking in Damage Labs||10|
|Deal of the week: An IPS ultra-wide for $420, plus cheap SSDs and more||12|
|Microsoft's quarterly revenue up 25% on strong Surface, Xbox sales||16|
|Assassin's Creed Unity PC requires 6GB of RAM, GTX 680||194|
|Join us as we attempt to live stream The TR Podcast tonight||13|
|Civ: Beyond Earth with Mantle aims to end multi-GPU microstuttering||61|
|CPU startup claims to achieve 3x IPC gains with VISC architecture||59|
|I just found this AMAZING trick! Call of Duty takes up 0GB if you just don't buy it!||+114|