I don't know if AMD was totally serious when it announced plans to slow down its driver release cycle earlier this year. The company has been churning out incremental updates to its Catalyst 12.11 beta release like there's no tomorrow lately. Radeon users can now grab the Catalyst 12.11 beta 11 release along with a matching 12.11 CAP2 application profile update. All of the goodies of past releases are included, and AMD has added a handful of new bug fixes and Far Cry 3 performance enhancements.
According to AMD, Far Cry 3 performance can go up by as much as 25% if you crank up multisampled antialiasing and ambient occlusion settings at 2560x1600. Folks have to install the CAP2 update to reap those benefits, though. The following bugs have also been squashed:
- Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
- Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
- Resolves image corruption found in certain DirectX 9.0c titles
- Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
- Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
Download links for the new Catalysts and the CAP2 profile update can be found here on AMD's knowledge base site.
|Samsung designs miniscule single-package NVMe SSD||3|
|Thermaltake shows off The Tower and more at Computex||4|
|Adata shows NVMe and TLC SSDs at Computex||0|
|Corsair@Computex 2016: fans that levitate, fans that illuminate||7|
|Patriot adds 2TB model to Ignite SSD lineup||12|
|Intel boosts the high-end desktop with its Broadwell-E CPUs||61|
|EVGA@Computex 2016: Custom Pascal cards, new PSUs, and more||8|
|Asus Transformer 3-series are laptops in disguise||10|
|GTX 1070 review roundup: invincible performance per dollar||91|
|Everyone from Asus to Zotac has announced a non-reference GTX 1080. I see what you did there!||+46|