I don't know if AMD was totally serious when it announced plans to slow down its driver release cycle earlier this year. The company has been churning out incremental updates to its Catalyst 12.11 beta release like there's no tomorrow lately. Radeon users can now grab the Catalyst 12.11 beta 11 release along with a matching 12.11 CAP2 application profile update. All of the goodies of past releases are included, and AMD has added a handful of new bug fixes and Far Cry 3 performance enhancements.
According to AMD, Far Cry 3 performance can go up by as much as 25% if you crank up multisampled antialiasing and ambient occlusion settings at 2560x1600. Folks have to install the CAP2 update to reap those benefits, though. The following bugs have also been squashed:
- Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
- Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
- Resolves image corruption found in certain DirectX 9.0c titles
- Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
- Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
Download links for the new Catalysts and the CAP2 profile update can be found here on AMD's knowledge base site.
|1. BIF - $340||2. Ryu Connor - $250||3. mbutrovich - $250|
|4. YetAnotherGeek2 - $200||5. End User - $150||6. Captain Ned - $100|
|7. Anonymous Gerbil - $100||8. Bill Door - $100||9. ericfulmer - $100|
|10. dkanter - $100|
|AMD drops prices on the Radeon RX 460 and RX 470||28|
|Reports: Radeon RX 470D is a budget Polaris card for China||6|
|Examining reports of slow write speeds on the 32GB iPhone 7||21|
|Cellular Insights dissects iPhone 7 Plus modem performance||11|
|Deals of the week: scads of high-performance storage and more||8|
|Tobii's Eye Tracker 4C knows where your head is||1|
|GeForce driver 375.57 is prepared for Titanfall 2||6|
|Phanteks Eclipse P400 gets a tempered glass option||0|
|Radeon 16.10.2 drivers add support for October's big games||10|
|A real "console monitor" would be 720p @ 30 Hz ;P||+58|