The Catalyst 13.2 beta graphics drivers that we previewed a couple of weeks ago are now available via AMD's website. As we've noted, these drivers include game-specific tweaks for several titles. These tweaks provide lower and more consistent frame rendering times—in other words, better performance, properly measured.
Here's a complete list of the changes in this driver, courtesy of AMD's Andrew Dodd:
- Improves performance up to 15% in high MSAA cases for the Crysis 3 beta release
- Future updates will be made to AMD Catalyst 13.2 Beta to further improve performance in Crysis 3 for both single GPU and CrossFire configurations
- Significantly improves latency performance in Skyrim, Boderlands 2, and Guild Wars 2
- Improves single GPU performance up to 50% for DmC Devil May Cry
- Improves CrossFire performance up to 10% for Crysis 2
- Resolves Texture flickering seen in DirectX9.0c applications.
This driver improves frame rendering times in the three specific games mentioned above, and those improvements should affect any Radeon of relatively recent vintage, not just newer cards based on the GCN architecture.
Still in the works is a rewritten memory management routine for GCN-based GPUs. AMD anticipates the future driver with this new memory manager will reduce frame latencies in DirectX 10 and 11-based games on cards based on GCN chips. We're awaiting that one impatiently, but Radeon owners who play any of the games mentioned above will probably want to grab this update, as well.
|1. Hdfisise - $600||2. Ryszard - $503||3. Andrew Lauritzen - $502|
|4. the - $306||5. SomeOtherGeek - $300||6. Ryu Connor - $250|
|7. doubtful500 - $200||8. Anonymous Gerbil - $150||9. webkido13 - $135|
|10. cygnus1 - $126|
|GeForce GTX 980 Ti cards compared||6|
|Nvidia releases GeForce 353.62 drivers for Windows 10||7|
|Catalyst 15.7.1 drivers bring Win10 support||15|
|Windows 10 now available for download||37|
|Gigabyte GTX 970 Twin-Turbo cooler moves more air in SLI||8|
|Windows 10 arrives today in 190 countries||93|
|Mionix's Castor mouse shoots for the stars||27|
|Motorola's Moto X Play is all about battery life||39|
|TechInsights dissects the R9 Fury X's HBM interface||15|
|TL;DR: Annoying ads annoy users.||+30|