Last week, Nvidia publicly apologized for the problems some GeForce users encountered in the new Tomb Raider. We're still awaiting an updated driver from Nvidia, but already, some help has arrived from Crystal Dynamics. A Tomb Raider update released through Steam yesterday addresses "some stability and startup issues on machines that have both Intel and NVIDIA graphics hardware."
The 1.0.718.4 patch also includes a number of seemingly unrelated fixes and optimizations. See the list below:
- Fix for players being unable to progress related to the boat in the beach area.
- Some fixes for crashes on startup and when selecting Options.
- Some small improvements to TressFX hair rendering.
- Fixes for various graphics glitches, including certain effects not being visible in fullscreen mode.
- Fixed a problem that caused some users to not be able to use exclusive fullscreen.
- Added support for separate mouse/gamepad inversion for aiming, as well as support for x-axis inversion.
- Fixes related to the benchmark scene and benchmark mode.
- Various other small fixes.
If you let Steam do its thing, the game should update automatically. And if the update somehow does more harm than good, the Steam news page says you can roll back to the previous version by switching to the beta. If my memory serves, that's done by right-clicking on the game listing, selecting "Properties," and then "opting in" under the "Betas" tab.
|1. Ryszard - $603||2. Hdfisise - $600||3. Andrew Lauritzen - $502|
|4. Redocbew - $350||5. the - $306||6. SomeOtherGeek - $300|
|7. chasp_0 - $251||8. Ryu Connor - $250||9. mbutrovich - $250|
|10. YetAnotherGeek2 - $200|
|ASRock kills its SkyOC BCLK overclocking feature||54|
|Square Enix patches Rise of the Tomb Raider for the PC||0|
|Deals of the week: Samsung's 850 EVO 1TB SSD for $290 and more||44|
|National Bubble Gum Day Shortbread||15|
|NEC PA322UHD-2 blends a 4K IGZO panel with pro features||18|
|Google Safe Browsing blocks sites with fake download buttons||53|
|National Homemade Soup Day Shortbread||39|
|Audiosurf 2 is worth a look||26|
|Stop bezel shaming. All bezels are beautiful.||+69|