There's a new set of Catalyst graphics drivers available for download, and this time, it looks like AMD is aiming more at the recently released Kabini and Richland APUs than at discrete graphics cards.
According to AMD, the Catalyst 13.6 betas add support for "the new AMD A10, A8, A6, and A4 Series APUs on desktop and mobile platforms." Two new features are included, but they're exclusive to AMD-powered notebooks:
- Support for AMD Wireless Display for Windows 8 and future Windows releases:
- Supported on AMD Elite A-Series APUs with select Broadcomm and Atheros Wireless adapters
- AMD Wireless Display Technology provides the ability to wirelessly display local screen content onto a remote screen in real time. Compliant receiver/TV required.
- AMD Enduro technology update:
- Reduces power consumption when running Windows 8 Metro applications – detects when Metro applications have idled and moves them to the integrated graphics component
- AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows the hardware and software Information pages for AMD Discrete GPUs when paired with Intel Integrated graphics
The Catalyst 13.6 beta drivers also add support for OpenCL 1.2 acceleration in Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and they iron out a couple of bugs: one that caused "HDMI Audio dropout issues" on Radeon HD graphics cards, and another that made the Catalyst Control Center pop up audio-related messages "at incorrect times."
In addition to the new drivers, AMD is inviting gamers to grab the latest Catalyst Application Profile (version 13.5 CAP1) released last week. That CAP release is meant to boost single-GPU performance for several games: Call of Duty 4, Far Cry 2, Minimum, and Resident Evil 6. It purportedly improves CrossFire performance in Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, as well, and it squashes CrossFire-related bugs in Darksiders 2.
|Nvidia admits, explains GeForce GTX 970 memory allocation issue||142|
|Here's my guest appearance on tonight's Alt+Tab Show||10|
|Watch John Romero talk about Doom level design||39|
|I'll be on Newegg TV's Alt+Tab show live at 3PM PT||15|
|Windows 10 build 9926 adds Cortana, Continuum, and more||38|
|Apacer exec sees 256GB SSDs falling below $70 this year||45|
|Deal of the week: IPS monitors with 4K and 1080p resolutions||11|
|Haswell CPU and Radeon graphics team up in ASRock's VisionX mini PC||14|
|Report: Google to launch its own cellular service||82|
|HA. AMD in the red and nVidia in the green. Thats funny cause you know... *cough* oh forget it.||+80|