Nvidia released beta BF4 drivers yesterday, and now, it's AMD's turn. The new Catalyst 13.10 Beta2 drivers bring support for the upcoming shooter, and they also throw in some frame pacing improvements for CrossFire multi-GPU configs.
Here are the feature highlights straight from AMD's knowledge base site:
- AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta2 includes all of the features/fixes found in AMD Catalyst 13.10 Beta
- Includes a 32-bit single GPU, and a AMD Crossfire™ game profile for Battlefield 4™
- Total War™: Rome 2 AMD CrossFire profile update
- AMD CrossFire frame pacing improvements for CPU-bound applications
- Resolves image corruption seen in Autodesk® Inventor® 2014
- Resolves intermittent black screen when resuming from a S3/S4 sleep-state if the display is unplugged during the sleep-state on systems supporting AMD Enduro™ technology
AMD says it's also added some Enduro application profiles for five games: Total War: Rome 2, Battlefield 4, Saints Row 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and FIFA 14. Introduced with the Radeon HD 7000M series, Enduro is AMD's answer to Nvidia's Optimus technology. It's designed to switch seamlessly between integrated and discrete graphics depending on how much oomph applications require.
You'll find download links for the Catalyst 13.10 Beta2 drivers on this page. AMD offers a unified Windows desktop download as well as separate 32-bit and 64-bit installers for notebook users. The page also mentions various improvements in the Linux version of the drivers, but the Linux download link is on a separate page.
|Deal of the week: Black Friday begins||13|
|Wednesday Night Shortbread||35|
|The TR Podcast 166: Reader questions, Asus answers, and our mobile recs||3|
|Ubisoft doles out freebies to make up for AC Unity issues||26|
|In the lab: Cooler Master's Silencio 652S quiet case||7|
|Native FLAC support coming to Windows 10||56|
|Early Black Friday deals: 4K for $350, 1080p IPS for $100, and more||26|
|Zalman is 'not going bankrupt'||23|
|I'll take old-school over Optimus Prime's nutsack covered in neon lights any day of the week.||+68|