Deal of the week: Discounted tablets, wireless keyboards, cheap SSDs, and more
It's been one of those weeks, and there's a pile of work ahead of me that will spill into the weekend, so I'll cut to the chase. Here are the best hardware deals I found on the web today:
- Newegg has discounted a stack of tablets and notebooks as part of an overstock blowout sale. Promo code MHSALE10 can be used to take 10% off a variety of difference devices, many of which are already selling below their suggested retail prices. A couple of the more intriguing options come from Dell. The Venue 8 Pro 32GB is down to $207, and the Venue 11 Pro 64GB is priced at $459 after the coupon. Both have quad-core Bay Trail processors and run Windows 8.1. The Venue 11 Pro boasts a 1080p display and a USB 3.0 port, as well.
- Corsair's Hydro Series H80i water cooler is on sale for $85, and there's a $10 mail-in rebate on top of that. The rebate knocks the effective price down to $75, which is a great deal for the dual-fan unit. I've been using the standard H80 on my motherboard test systems for over a year, and it's been great.
- Need a cheap wireless keyboard for a home-theater PC? Logitech's K400 is on sale for $32. This lightweight offering integrates a Win8-friendly touchpad and has excellent battery life. Read my K400 review for more details.
- How about a discounted Haswell CPU? The Core i5-4670K is on sale for $210 at TigerDirect after an instant discount and coupon code YHD120100. This quad-core model has an unlocked multiplier to facilitate easy overclocking, but it doesn't support Hyper-Threading like the i7-4770K.
- This week's requisite SSD deal is Crucial's M500 240GB, which has been slashed to only $120. Remember when 120GB SSDs used to cost that much? The 240GB variant isn't as fast as larger members of the M500 family, but those are on sale, too. The 500GB unit is only $250, and the 960GB version is priced at $440.
Finally, we have a shout out to gerbils north of the border. NCIX's St. Patrick's Sale Event is brimming with deals, and here are my favorites: Seagate's 600 SSD 240GB for $130, Corsair's Vengeance Pro DDR3-1866 2x8GB kit for $89, and Logitech's swanky TK820 wireless keyboard and touchpad for $78.