Deal of the week: Potent graphics, big SSDs, and more
The best gaming deals of the week can probably be found in the Steam Summer Sale, but what about hardware? We've combed through the listings at online retailers to find the most tantalizing discounts on PC gear.
- TigerDirect has a sweet combo deal that packages Sapphire's Radeon R9 290 Tri-X graphics card with Kingwin's Maximum Series 750W PSU for only $379.99 after a $10 mail-in rebate. That's a pretty sweet deal just for the graphics card, which combines a hot-clocked Hawaii GPU with 4GB of RAM, a triple-fan cooler, and three free games from the gold tier of AMD's Radeon Rewards program. The PSU is nothing special, but it has a decent output rating, so you can probably flip the thing on Ebay if you don't need it.
- Radeon fans with shallower pockets may want to consider XFX's Double D version of the R9 280X, which is down to $249.99 at Newegg after a $20 MIR. This card sticks to stock speeds, but it has a dual-fan cooler and the same three-game bundle as the Sapphire R9 290.
- On the GeForce front, Newegg has a nice deal on EVGA's GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked. This tuned-up card has been reduced to $229.99 via an instant discount and a $20 MIR. Custom cooler? Check. Game bundle? Watch Dogs.
- Before we dip into SSDs, here's a mechanical hard drive. TigerDirect is selling Seagate's Barracuda 7200.14 3TB for only $89.99 after coupon code LDU131782 and a $10 MIR. Shipping is free, as it is for all of this week's deals.
- The best SSD deal of the week is arguably the Samsung 840 EVO 1TB, which is selling for $399.99 at Amazon without any rebates or coupon codes attached. A few other options are worth considering, though. Newegg has the Crucial MX100 512GB for only $204.99 after promo code EMCPDHP92. Meanwhile, TigerDirect is hawking the Seagate 600 480GB for $179.99 after a $30 MIR and the OCZ Vertex 460 240GB for $99.99 after a $20 rebate. Use coupon code FPK131731 for the Seagate drive and UDN131413 for the OCZ one.
We should also note that Titanfall is free to play on the PC this weekend... if you can pry yourself away from all those fresh Steam downloads. As always, feel free to add other deals in the comments below.