Deal of the week: Rosewill's Green Series 630W PSU for $41
For the first time in what seems like forever, our weekly deals post is devoid of cheap SSDs. There are plenty of 'em out there, but none of the deals are really new, so we've focused our attention on some other tantalizing options.
- Newegg is giving TR readers 15% off Rosewill's Green Series 630W PSU via promo code TR7WK2. That discount combines with instant savings and a $10 rebate to knock the unit down to just $40.99. The PSU has 80 Plus Bronze certification, dual PCIe power connectors, a variable-speed fan, and a four-star rating across over 500 user reviews. Not bad for barely mor than 40 bucks.
- Intel's Pentium G3258 Anniversary Edition is a heck of a deal for overclockers. Micro Center has it discounted to $60 right now, but that deal is only good for in-store pickup. Newegg is selling the thing for $74.99 shipped, which is still pretty cheap for a CPU we took up to 4.8GHz.
- Micro Center also has some nice deals on a couple of complementary components. MSI's Z97 PC Mate motherboard is available for only $69.99 after promo code SUPERSALE779 and a $10 mail-in rebate. Meanwhile, Cooler Master's Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler can be had for $24.99 after an instant discount and a $10 rebate. That trio should make a great foundation for a budget build.
- Graphics card deals abound this week. We'll start a stock-clocked Radeon R9 290 from Gigabyte, which is selling for only $349.99 after a $20 mail-in rebate. That's pretty affordable for an R9 290, and this one comes with a beefy, triple-fan cooler. You also get three free games from AMD's Never Settle Forever Gold bundle.
- The Radeon R9 280 lies a couple rungs down from the 290—and it's much cheaper. MSI's R9 280 Gaming is only $199.99 at Newegg after an instant discount and a $30 rebate. This hot-clocked card has a nice, dual-fan cooler, and it comes with the same three-game bundle as its pricier sibling.
- The Nvidia camp deserves some love, too. Newegg has a great deal on MSI's GeForce GTX 750 Ti, which can be had for just $114.99 after a $20 rebate. Even without those extra savings, the card is cheaper than all the other 750 Tis I see selling online. Its GPU frequencies are slightly higher than Nvidia's defaults, too.
That's all for this week. As always, feel free to chime in with additional deals in the comments below.