Deal of the week: A 23'' IPS monitor for $150, a 200-mm fan for free, and more
The best deal of the week is easily Nvidia's new GeForce GTX 970, which is already selling online with prices starting at $329.99. It's not the only deal around, though. Here are a few other items we found while scouring the web this morning:
- While we're talking Maxwell-based graphics cards, we should note that Asus' GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC Edition is on sale at TigerDirect for $129.99 after a $20 mail-in rebate and coupon code IEI133834. This affordable specimen has a hot-clocked GPU, a dual-fan cooler, and loads of positive user reviews. It's also available at the same price—and with the same rebate—over at Newegg.
- Lenovo's online store is selling the LI2341t IPS monitor for only $149.99 with coupon code USP9181020. That's 50% off the usual asking price. The 23" display has a 1080p resolution, dual digital inputs, and touchscreen input certified for Windows 8. Even if you don't need the touch functionality, this is still pretty cheap for a 1080p IPS monitor. (Thanks to Slickdeals for the tip.)
- TigerDirect is offering a monster system fan almost free of charge. The LED-laced Cooler Master unit measures 200 mm across and spins at a sedate 700 RPM. It normally sells for $19.99, but the combination of a $5 instant discount and $15 mail-in rebate bring the effective price down to zero dollars. Shipping is free, too, but the rebate is limited to one per household.
- Toshiba hard drives seem to be getting more popular, perhaps because they're discounted so frequently. TigerDirect has a 3TB 7200-RPM model on sale for just $94.99 after coupon code GEQ141532. The cost per gig is only $0.03/GB, which puts SSD prices into perspective.
- We couldn't let a weekly deals post pass without adding at least one discounted SSD. This week's bargains include the PNY Optima 240GB, which is down to only $79.99 at TigerDirect with a $20 rebate and coupon code HLK140167, and the Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB, which is available for $99.99 at Newegg without any rebates or promo codes. Neither is particularly speedy as far as SSDs go, but both are a nice step up from mechanical storage.
That's all for this week. As always, feel free to add any deals we missed in the comments below.