Deal of the week: An IPS ultra-wide for $420, plus cheap SSDs and more
One of these days, we're just going to skip the intro and dive right into the bulleted list. But not today. This counts as an intro, right?
- Ultra-wide monitors seem to be getting more popular, and Newegg has one of 'em on sale right now. Dell's 29" U2913WM is down to $419.99 with promo code EMCWPHF56. The display has a 21:9 aspect ratio and a 2560x1080 resolution. It also boasts an IPS panel that's factory-calibrated to cover "more than 99 percent sRGB color space at a delta-E of less than 5." Other perks include quad digital inputs, an adjustable stand, and an integrated USB 3.0 hub.
- Newegg has two candidates for the sweetest solid-state deal of the week: Crucial's MX100 512GB is selling for $194.99 with promo code EMCWPHF98, while Intel's 530 Series 240GB is down to just $109.99. The MX100 has a lower cost per gig, and getting 512GB for under 200 bucks is pretty awesome, but the 530 Series 240GB is also very affordable, and it has a longer five-year warranty. You can't go wrong either way. Act quickly if you want to grab the 530 Series, though; it's part of a limited-time "Shell Shocker" promotion that probably won't last long.
- Craving a graphics upgrade for the incoming wave of holiday releases? Newegg has a nice deal on MSI's Radeon R9 280 Gaming, which is available for only $169.99 after a $30 mail-in rebate. As one might expect, the card has a hot-clocked GPU, a custom cooler, and voucher for three games from the Space Edition of AMD's Radeon Gold bundle.
- Although it's over a year old, the 2013 edition of Google's Nexus 7 tablet remains one of the best Android slates around. The 7-incher has a 1080p display, a snappy quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, and a stock OS that's due for a Lollipop upgrade. Right now, Newegg is selling the 16GB version for only $169.99 with promo code EMCWPHG25. Thanks to TR reader Jeffrey for the tip.
- Last, but not least, we should note that TigerDirect has a couple of coupons that can be applied to any item. Bargain hunters can surrender an email address in exchange for a $10 off $50 code here (thanks SlickDeals). A separate $27 off $270 coupon is also available through TigerDirect's 27th anniversary sale. None of the individual sale items really jump out at me, but if you're looking for a really cheap SSD, Adata's Premier Pro SP600 128GB is only $49.99 after the $10-off coupon.
That's all for this week. If you see any good deals we missed, feel free to add them in the comments below.