Deal of the week: Radeons, mechanical keyboards, IPS displays, and more
The deal gods are smiling upon us today. We've got some nice bargains on a Radeon R9 290 graphics card, a mechanical keyboard, and an IPS display—plus a couple of SSD deals to round things out:
- Newegg has XFX's Radeon R9 290 Double Dissipation graphics card on sale for $274.99, or $244.99 after a $30 mail-in rebate. We bestowed our TR Recommended award upon an XFX Radeon R9 290X with the same cooler, so unless the R9 290 is somehow radically different, it should be a great buy.
- Rosewill's Apollo RK-9100xRBR keyboard with Cherry MX brown switches and red backlighting is on sale for $89.99, a good $30 off the usual price. I reviewed this keyboard's blue-backlit twin brother and ended up keeping it as my daily driver for several months, so I can vouch for it. Plus it comes with a free Rosewill power strip right now. How could anyone resist?
- You can currently nab Acer's G7 G237HLbi 23" IPS monitor for just $109.99 after the promo code EMCANNV49. This display has an IPS panel with a 1080p resolution, 250 cd/m² luminance, 1,000:1 contrast, 6-ms gray-to-gray response, and 178° viewing angles (both horizontal and vertical). I'm sure the panel is six-bit rather than eight-bit, but for $110, this thing is a steal.
- TigerDirect offers Crucial's MX100 512GB solid-state drive for $189.99 shipped—and according to SlickDeals, you can take $10 off with coupon code LGD153163 and another $10 off with an e-mail coupon. That knocks down the price to $169.99, or 33 cents/GB. Pretty darn good, especially considering how decent a performer the 512GB MX100 is.
- Last, but not least, Newegg sells Crucial's new BX100 500GB SSD for $179.99 shipped. The BX100 is a little faster than the MX100, but it has a slightly lower capacity, and it lacks features like full-drive encryption. Check Geoff's review here for all the details.
That's all, folks. If you, too, have been visited by the deal gods today, feel free to share your revelations below.