Deals of the week: an ultrawide IPS display, a cheap GTX 970, and more
It's that time again. We've sifted through the mountains of discounts and markdowns out there to find the most interesting deals to be had this week.
- First up is LG's 34UM65-P, a 21:9 ultra-wide monitor packing a 34," 2560x1080 IPS panel. Adorama is closing out this display for $499.99, and a $40 mail-in rebate knocks that down to $459.99 if you're a gambling type.
- TigerDirect is clearing out the MSI GeForce GTX 970 4DG5T OC video card for $309.99. This model isn't as fancy or as hot-clocked as our favorite MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G, but it still features a large twin-fan cooler, and it's also $30 or so cheaper. In fact, it appears to be the cheapest GTX 970 around right now. Act fast.
- Newegg has the silver version of Corsair's Carbide Air Series 540 dual-chamber ATX case for $99.99. I've tested the Air 540's smaller sibling, the Air 240, and found it worthy of a TR Recommended award, so I would expect good things from this larger version. Newegg is also offering an extra $20 off by way of a mail-in rebate, for those willing to chance it.
- The black version of Fractal Design's Define R4 is only $79.99 at Newegg right now. The R4 might be missing a few of the enhancements that Fractal baked into the Editor's Choice-winning Define R5, but it still holds a 5-egg rating among reviewers, and it's also $40 less than its replacement.
- Last but not least, Crucial's M500 960GB SSD is only $299.99 at TigerDirect right now. That's the cheapest way to get into a terabyte-class SSD that I can find, and it doesn't hurt that the M500 is a great drive, to boot.
Those are the best deals I could find this week. If I missed some buried treasure somewhere, please share your findings with other gerbils in the comments.