Deals of the week: 25% off Das Keyboard 4 and more
Greetings, gerbils, and welcome to our three-day-weekend Friday deals of the week! This week we've got a nice range of gear to get you through Computex next week. Take a look.
- First up we have a bit of an unusual entrant. Das Keyboard, mechanical keyboard maker extraordinaire, is having a rare Memorial Day sale. The company is offering 25% off of its headline Das Keyboard 4 units, including its tenkeyless compact design. It is worth noting, though, that the compact designs use switches made by Greentech rather than the old standby Cherry MX switches that the full-sized models use.
- Heading back to more familiar deal-of-the-week fare, Newegg is offering the Mushkin Enhanced ECO3 480GB SSD for $97.99 after promo code ESCEJGK25. The ECO series is Mushkin's budget alternative to its often-featured Reactor series SSD, which we recently tested.
- Speaking of SSDs, SanDisk's 1TB X400 SSD is on sale at Newegg Flash for $227. The X400 is SanDisk's lineup for performance SSDs, for just a few cents per GB more than the Mushkin model.
- Next up we have a couple of high-end displays to fit a range of needs. Acer's XB280HK 28" 4K display is on sale at Newegg for $599.99 with promo code MAYEJGL38. This 60 Hz TN-paneled display is tricked out with G-Sync variable refresh rate technology for you Nvidia users. Display connectivity is limited to single DisplayPort input, but the XB280HK packs a four-port USB 3.0 hub. As a matter of fact, this is the very display that stares back at me as I write to you this morning, oh gerbils.
- For those of you who are looking for more accurate color, rather than higher resolution, Newegg Flash has a nifty pre-calibrated Asus Professional PA279Q 27" display up for $689.99 right now. Asus says that its pre-calibration on the PA279Q yields 99% Adobe RGB accuracy and 100% sRGB accuracy. Asus goes to the other extreme of the Acer above on ports for this display, offering a DisplayPort input, a daisy-chain DisplayPort output, an HDMI connector, and a dual-link DVI port. It also includes a 9-in-1 card reader and no fewer than six USB 3.0 ports.
- Finally, we have the hexa-core Haswell-E Core i7-5820K that Newegg is offering up for $374.39 after promo code MAYEJGL22. This is an unlocked processor with 15MB of L3 cache, a 3.3GHz base frequency, and a 3.6GHz turbo clock. Although this chip only has 28 PCIe lanes, compared to 40 on its Haswell-E brethren, it could still be a good choice for a single-GPU workstation or gaming build. While the well-known Skylake Core i7-6700K will probably outshine it at stock clocks in gaming performance, the i7-5820K shrugs that off with its larger cache, two extra cores, quad-channel memory.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Walmart, Rakuten, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.
That's all for this week, folks! If we missed any exciting deals out there, be sure to let us know in the comments!