Deals of the week: tons o' graphics cards, a fast monitor, and RAM
Behold, gerbils! Welcome to the magic show of El Dealino, the Mexican wizard known throughout lands far and wide. He is able to pull incredibly small price tags from under his sombrero, astounding shoppers everywhere. He is putting on a special performance just for us today, and the quivering of his mustache and the trembling under his poncho mean he's about to start. Let the show begin!
- We have a ton of graphics cards today, so let's look at them in ascending order, so to speak. The first contestant is the MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC. This puppy comes with a dual-fan cooler (overkill for this card, in a good way), and offers a GPU with a boost clock of 1455 MHz. Best of all, there's no need for a PCIe power connector, which means the card can go into any system where it physically fits. Grab one at Newgg for $139.99 with a free game. There's also a $15 rebate card that can bring the price down further.
- Next up is the MSI Radeon RX 470 Armor 4GB card. This card comes with MSI's dual-big-fan Armor cooler, and has a boost clock of 1266MHz and a total of five display outputs. It should serve as a good step up from the GTX 1050 Ti above, and Newegg will sell you one for $159.99 with a free copy of Hitman. The store is offering a particularly juicy rebate: $30, which could bring the price down to $130. Whoa.
- Going up the ladder a little further, we find the MSI Radeon RX 480 Armor 4GB card. It's quite similar to the RX 470 we discussed above, except it's harder, better, faster, and stronger. Pick one up at Newegg for $174.99. If you take advantage of the $20 rebate on offer, the price drops to $154.99.
- Finally, we have the smallest of the cards today, that incidentally is also the fastest. We're talking, of course, about the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini OC. Don't let the small size fool you, or it'll bite you when you turn your back on it. Its dimensions should let it fit into most Mini-ITX systems, and it still manages to deliver a boost clock of 1746MHz in its OC mode. You can get one of these at Newegg for $369.99, and there's a $10 rebate card on tap to sweeten the deal further.
- You're not going to use your old and crummy 19" monitor for gaming with any of these cards, are you? Step right in, and take a look at the Acer XG270HU display. This pretty monitor has a 2560x1440 resolution and a speedy 144Hz refresh rate. Its TN panel has a response time of 1ms and support for FreeSync variable-refresh-rate tech, making it ideal for gaming. There's no need to bust the bank, since Newegg will hand you one for $369.99.
- While we're at this, you're not going to try and game with those 4GB of slow RAM, right? Here's the fix: the G.Skill TridentZ 16GB kit with two 8GB DIMMs clocked at a whopping 3400 MT/s. Fast enough for you? It doesn't hurt that they look gorgeous, too. Grab a pair at Newegg for $119.99 if you use promo code EMCRBCG23.
- The cherry on the top of today's deals is a nifty keyboard. The G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches should tickle any gamer's fancy, but not everyone's wallet can stretch to the $150 or more that most RGB-LED-lit keyboards command. Fret not, for Newegg is running a deal on this clicker and will happily offer it for just $109.99.
That's it for today, folks! If you found any sweet online deals that we missed, please share them with your gerbil brethren in the comments section below.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store, the HP Store, and Das Keyboard's shop.