Deals of the week: an RX 480 4GB for $150 and more
How fare thee, kind gerbil? Have you meditated on that upgrade you've been putting off for the better part of six months now? Are the deals not to your liking, and you have a desire to curtail your spending as much as possible whilst partaking of the best hardware around? We can help. Our purveyors of deals and hunters of promotional codes have been out on the prowl, and they're back with their scribbled notepads full of price tags and spec sheets. Please, kind sir, patter this way.
- All this talk about how the insane speed of the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is well and good, but most of us can't blow $700 on a graphics card at the snap of fingers. For us mere mortals, there's the MSI RX 480 4GB graphics card. It's got a reference design with a blower cooler, but it also has a particularly juicy price tag: $179.99 at Newegg, a price that can drop down to $149.99 with the included $30 rebate card. Oh, and there's a free copy of Doom, either way.
- Looking for something with a bit more punch but that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? How about the Sapphire RX 480 8GB graphics card? This specimen has a dual-fan, dual-slot cooler with a refreshingly tame design, and can be yours for only $209.99 from Newegg. If you don't mind filling out a rebate card, there's another $15 on tap.
- Some gerbils can, in fact, afford a high-end graphics card. Those will find the MSI GTX 1080 Gaming a particularly interesting offering. The card has a large dual-fan cooler, a 1759Mhz boost clock in its Gaming mode, and comes with a free copy of either For Honor or Ghost Recon: Wildlands. You can grab one at Newegg for $509.99, and there's a $30 rebate card available.
- Our recent review of AMD's new Ryzen CPUs made it clear that the Ryzen 1700X is probably the lineup's best-value offering. But wait, there's more! Newegg is running a promotion and will sell you one for just $369.99 if you use promo code EMCRDCB85. That's $30 off its regular price of $399.99, making this sweet CPU sweeter still.
- Every Friday is "hard drive deals day" as of late. Today's multi-terabyte package arrives in the form of the Toshiba X300 6TB desktop hard drive, with a 7200RPM rotational speed and a 128MB chunk o' cache. Grab one from Newegg for a mere $179.99 with promo code EMCRDCE53, a price that works out to a square $30 per terabyte. That's pretty crazy.
- Can you feel it? Yep, it's the subsonic punch of the Polk Audio PSW505 subwoofer. This rumble cube has a 12" speaker powered by an amp capable of delivering 300W of power continuously (or 460W peak). This unit is a worthy addition for a mid-size room, and can be obtained for $159.99 at Newegg with the help of the promo code EMCSRDCE2.
That's it for today, folks! If you come across any juicy deals that we missed, help out your fellow gerbils and post it in the comments section below.
There's a chance you're looking for something we haven't covered. If that's the case, you can help The Tech Report by using the following referral links when you're out shopping: not only do we have a partnership with Newegg, but we also work with Best Buy, Adorama, Rakuten, Walmart, and Sam's Club. For more specific needs, you can also shop with our links at the Microsoft Store and Das Keyboard's shop.