Hammer programming manuals available
What better way to spend a friday night than reading AMD's programming manuals for its upcoming Hammer processor? Actually, you might want to block off the entire weekend.
- Volume 1: Application programming
- Volume 2: System programming
- Volume 3: General-purpose and system instructions
- Volume 4: 128-bit media instructions
- Volume 5: 64-bit media and x87 floating-point instructions
The early availability of programming guides may help attract developers to AMD's new 64-bit platform, but only time will tell how many applications will end up with Hammer-specific optimizations.