You can find the blogs for various TR staff members indexed on our main blogs page. This page is still a work in progress, so let me explain how to navigate it. The page lists each of the blogs in descending chronological order, with a logo for each blog and a snippet from the newest post. Click the logo to go to that person's blog page, where you'll see all of the entries in his blog, or click the headline to just see that single post in full. All of this made sense to us when we built it, but now, at the eleventh hour, looks oddly tough to navigate. We'll be cleaning up this main blog index page shortly to make navigation clearer.
For the record, here's a list of the blogs we have now with a quick description of each:
- Technological Dissonance by Geoff "Dissonance" Gasior You might remember this one as the title of a series of more informal articles that Geoff used to write. Well, now it's back as a title for his blog. When he's not reviewing hardware, Geoff does non-geeky things involving competitive sporting events. Geoff will no doubt regale us with tales of Canadian mountain biking competitions at some point, when he's not tweaking fanboys.
- Ceci est un blog by Cyril Kowaliski Our news editor, Cyril, is French, but writes in English. Except for his blog title.
- The Inkwell by Adam "Inkling" Eiberger Formally. Adam is our Director of Business Development or something stuffy like that. We call him the biz guy. He sells ads and such so that the rest of us can play with hardware and write about it. Not a bad deal. Anyhow, he may have some updates about the business of TR for you, and if we're lucky, we'll get a peek into his varied interests outside of work, as well.
- Evil Thoughts by Andy "Dr. Evil" Brown Andy is always working on some sort of project, whether it's tweaking his home theater setup or building some kind of custom PC. I get to hear about this stuff from him, and with the advent of his blog, you will, too.
- The Blog with No Name by Stephen Roylance He's the guy who modified our back-end tools to make blogs possible. Despite his obvious smarts, the dude can't come up with a name for his blog. Go figure. But if you want to know what's going on behind the scenes with web development and admin at TR, this blog will be the place to go.
- Overlording Exposed by Kevin Sweeney Kev is our head forum moderator, or Overlorda guy with one very tough job. He also makes things that fly, land, and blow up, from what I understand. Someday, he will combine his will-to-power with his aerospace engineering know-how and put us all under his thumb. This blog will chronicle his rise.
- The Damage Report by Scott "Damage" Wasson That's me, and this is my blog.
You'll notice that blogs are tied into our spiffy "jazz" threaded discussion system, which should be familiar territory for most of you. We also have an RSS feed for blogs that you can add as a Live Bookmark in Firefox or use via any other reader. It's right here. You'll also see a list of recent blog entries on the front page of the site, front and center, to make things very easy to find.
I think that's about it for now. We don't often actually stop making articles around here long enough to do something crazy like, well, make a new type of article. Let's hope this little experiment works out well.