Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

Acidicheartburn
Gerbil First Class

Re: What shows are you recently watching?

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:55 pm

Another vote for Dark Matter being good. It wasn't fantastic but it was good and was just getting really good when the final season ended. Huge shame SyFy ended it without giving it another chance.

Currently rewatching Deadwood again. Saw the Deadwood Movie last weekend and found it a satisfying but bittersweet finish to IMO the greatest TV show of all time. Also rewatching Babylon 5, a show IMO that's better than any one Star Trek series (I say this as a Star Trek fan). ALSO rewatching Battlestar Galactica for the first time since I watched it when it aired on TV. A simply incredible show, probably my number 2 of all time TV show. And I'm going through The Soprano's for the first time. It's very excellent, but I'm not sure I would peg it as the best show ever. Also just started S2 of Barry last night - good first episode. It'll take me all summer to finish all the shows I'm watching given my work schedule though, so though it may look like I'm a TV slob I'm definitely not.

Captain Ned
Gold subscriber
Global Moderator

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:08 pm

Apropos of the day, TCM just started "The Longest Day" commercial-free.

Props to TCM. It's properly letterboxed for the original cinema aspect ratio.
Humans sleep soundly in their beds because rough cats stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

TheEmrys
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:27 pm

general_tux wrote:
My wife and I just started watching "Good Omens" after this review and have found it pretty entertaining. It has been our break in the middle of rewatching "Stargate: SG1".

Good Omens was really good. The OA Season 2 was awesome. Nothing I hoped would happen in it, even remotely got close to happening. Fabulous TV. Just rewatched some Sherlock.
Sony a7II 55/1.8 Minolta 100/2, 17-35D, Tamron 28-75/2.8

pauldavis
Gerbil

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:36 am

DancinJack wrote:
Redocbew wrote:
Westworld. I got sucked in after signing up to watch game of thrones.

S2 is amazing (not that S1 isn't good, too).

Yup, Westworld is awesome can't wait for S3.