... Because I can, that's why I'm posting after X years
Wanted to add to the congratulations imi.
Whilst I'm here of course, a life update for the curious.
- Finished uni 2007
- Lucked into a job in finance (housemate heard of it through a family member but had committed to his PhD) using a crazy language called kdb. Been doing it or some variant of it ever since.
- Got married 2012, had son together 2013
- Wife abandoned myself and child 2017, a month before his 4th birthday (she has been in the same room as him a grand total of three times since then, classy)
- Spent some time getting my life back on track with huge help from my family
- Grew closer to someone I dated back in 2003, who also has a son from a previous marriage. We both have a lot more patience for each other nowadays!
- Proposed 2019
- Due to be married next month (have had to postpone the celebrations due to Covid)
- Then we're both going to fill out the paperwork for shared parental responsibilities with relevant biological mother/father
- And with any luck in 2021, one more sprog to round out the family