Page 1 of 118

DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:02 am
by Captain Ned
Here continueth DYMT and DYMT-R

DYMT-R: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42526

DYMT: viewtopic.php?t=10288

EDIT: DYMT got closed due to some (now resolved) personality issues combined with then-extant tech issues. DYMT-R was closed because I inadvertently found a 26,500 per-thread post limit in an attempt to merge DYMT and DYMT-R.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:08 am
by Redocbew
Let me start this thread by sneezing.

I forgot how annoying it was to be all sneezy and snotty. I hardly ever get sick.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:10 am
by DrDominodog51
I must say I am rather disappointed that it isn't called revolutions as it was far better than reloaded (I'm talking about the movies). However, it is fitting that it involves Imi in some way.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:38 am
by DancinJack
I've been wondering, for a few years now, when the next one would start. I like the title.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:53 am
by Redocbew
Come to think of it, there could be any number of reasons for a limit on replies to a single topic, but 26.5k is an odd value for it unless it's imposed artificially by the app. Is it just an arbitrarily large number chosen because the phpBB needed a limit for some reason?

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:02 am
by just brew it!
Redocbew wrote:
Is it just an arbitrarily large number chosen because the phpBB needed a limit for some reason?

I would assume so. Limits like this are typically imposed to cap memory and/or CPU usage when certain internal operations are performed. I have not examined the phpBB source though, so I can't speak directly to the developers' original motivations.

I agree it does seem like a rather odd number.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:25 am
by Jigar
After 10 years DYMT is again refreshed.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:11 am
by Flying Fox
One can't really be called a true TR forum gerbil until he/she participated in the DYMT. Getting in on the first page with this new one! :D

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:28 am
by Krogoth
Impressed by round #3 of DYMT.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:46 am
by drfish
I don't normally post in this crazy thing - but I happen to be in possession of a certain picture that others may enjoy... Of course, I need Ned's approval to post it first...

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:01 am
by tanker27
I cannot believe I was there for the first DYMT and now we are on the third. Dang time flies.......

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:20 am
by just brew it!
drfish wrote:
I don't normally post in this crazy thing - but I happen to be in possession of a certain picture that others may enjoy... Of course, I need Ned's approval to post it first...

If it is a certain pic from the BBQ, then I believe Ned already gave permission in the final post on DYMT:R.

If it is another certain pic which was posted in DYMT:R a number of years ago, and subsequently removed by the person who posted it, I'd say probably not.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:29 am
by drfish
In that case, let me present it to everyone:
Image

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:59 am
by Captain Ned
Yep, that's me. The dunce.

EDIT: The tie-dye and the plaid are just smashing.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:07 am
by chuckula
And so the legend continues!

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:21 am
by Anovoca
Potato!

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:23 am
by Anovoca
There we go. Had to make sure potato made it on page one. Now there is no excuse for any gerbils to ever forget potato.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:26 am
by alloyD
I prefer cheese, personally.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:32 am
by Heiwashin
A new dymt, never thought i'd see the day.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:38 am
by The Egg
If I were an advertiser, I'd be trying to buy rights to advertise in the DYMT thread title.

DYMT - Brought To You By Egg's Miracle Salve & Snake Oil

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:41 am
by tanker27
The Egg wrote:
If I were an advertiser, I'd be trying to buy rights to advertise in the DYMT thread title.

DYMT - Brought To You By Egg's Miracle Salve & Snake Oil


Personally I see that as the quickest way to kill off DYMT.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:45 am
by Captain Ned
Heiwashin wrote:
A new dymt, never thought i'd see the day.

Hey, try being the one who closed/locked the first two.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:45 am
by The Egg
tanker27 wrote:
The Egg wrote:
If I were an advertiser, I'd be trying to buy rights to advertise in the DYMT thread title.

DYMT - Brought To You By Egg's Miracle Salve & Snake Oil


Personally I see that as the quickest way to kill off DYMT.

Does that mean you don't want to buy any Miracle Salve? I've found it works great on cigar burns, animal bites, and for toothache.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:48 am
by just brew it!
"It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!"

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:53 am
by Captain Ned
just brew it! wrote:
"It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!"

"Just look at that shine!!"

[/scurries off to DVDs of SNL Seasons 1-5 to find clip in question]

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:59 am
by Cannonaire
New DYMT - much like the old ones, but shinier!

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:09 am
by Captain Ned
Cannonaire wrote:
New DYMT - much like the old ones, but shinier!

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:25 am
by zgirl
I am sorry what did you say? :wink:

I believe I have posted in the previous two but I would not call myself a frequent participant.

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:30 am
by derFunkenstein
Captain Ned wrote:
just brew it! wrote:
"It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!"

"Just look at that shine!!"

[/scurries off to DVDs of SNL Seasons 1-5 to find clip in question]

It's so much easier to get on the internet, in this case NBC's website: http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... -wax/n8625

Re: DYMT: Imi's Legacy

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:32 am
by The Egg
just brew it! wrote:
"It's a floor wax AND a dessert topping!"

That got a good legitimate LOL out of me. :P

I also think of Ren And Stimpy.