Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Jeff Kampman
TR Staff
Topic Author

Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 am

The Tech Report and Corsair are teaming up to give away an RM1000i Special Edition PSU to our readers in celebration of two major milestones: Corsair's tenth anniversary of producing PSUs, and its 10 millionth PSU sold. This is the entry thread for the contest. If you'd like to learn more about the RM1000i or the giveaway, please head over to this front-page news post.

In order to win, you need to give us 10 short reasons why you believe you're deserving of this power supply. You need to be creative and tickle the TR staff's funny bones, and your work should be related at least in part to PC power supplies. Most anything goes—just try to keep it decent enough for publication.

We'll accept entries up through the end of the day Tuesday, December 6 (that's 11:59 PM CT). At that time, the thread will be locked. We'll then read the lists on the wall, decide which one is the funniest of them all, and proceed to announce the lucky winner next Wednesday. Good luck and happy hunting. 

Rules and regulations
This contest is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada (except Quebec).

Only one entry per person, household, or e-mail address will be considered. Multiple entries per person, household or address are not permitted. Please don't try to game the system by entering your girlfriend, wife, kids or pets. We'll probably disqualify you if you do.

We will be accepting entries between the time this post goes up and the end of Tuesday, December 6, 2016 (up to 11:59 PM CT). We'll then choose our winner from among all eligible entries. The winner will be announced on the site on Wednesday, December 7, 2016, and they'll also be notified with a PM in the TR forums. The winner must claim their prize within 72 hours, or they will forfeit it, and we will select a new winner.

Only the winner's name will be announced on the site. We will not share their address or other personal information with our sponsors or anyone else. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. TR also reserves the right to disqualify entries that appear to be attempts to game the system or circumvent the rules in any way, or for any other reason, without explanation.
The staff of The Tech Report and their immediate families may not enter the giveaway and are not eligible to win.

No purchase is necessary. This giveaway is void where prohibited by law. TR and Corsair are not responsible for any taxes on the prize, damage in shipping, damage caused by using the prize with other products, or health issues such as repetitive strain injury, eye strain, or chemical addictions that may result from prolonged use of the prize.

hansmuff
Gerbil

Re: Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:58 am

1. I'm great and special, so that's a good match
2. My PSU lineage goes back to 80186 days, so I've seen a good many of them. None as pretty as this RM1000i. That's to say, make my day!
3. It has a dashboard. I love dashboards! My car has a 'calculated fuel efficiency' as well and I live for eeking out another 0.1mpg.
4. ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.9 together is ATX12VEPS 5.3, the highest ATX12VEPS I've ever seen.
5. It is soon Christmas and what better time for my current PSU than to step down it's throne and retire in the pfsense box and to hail the new King, a mighty RM1000i, to rule over last second amazon purchases in 40 FireFox tabs running on a way overclocked 2600K burning the midnight oil?
6. I could really use a knight in shining armor, and damn that's a nice shiny armor.
7. I bought other Corsair stuff before, I swear. Actually my favorite one is my mouse bungie.. oh crap that one's from CM. Uhhh... I have one of the RGB keyboards. Yeah. Also RAM!
8. My case is the venerable Antec P120B. A white PSU in the bottom would look really swank.
9. The last time I won something it was a table centerpiece at my employer's year-end holiday celebration. One can imagine how stoked I was. I need a better memory of the most recent win.
10. This would probably make me consider getting a more modern case with better front connectors. I hear Corsair makes those. It could be a whole new.. THING!

Takeshi7
Gerbil First Class

Re: Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:36 am

10 reasons I should win the Corsair RM1000i Special Edition:

1. The white color would look sweet with my Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark S
2. It would help save the planet since its 80+ Gold rating means it is more efficient than my current 80+ Bronze PSU.
3. I've never had a power supply that could be monitored and controlled through USB.
4. I could finally set up some sort of Triple or Quad SLI configuration.
5. I'd finally have a Corsair power supply to go along with my Corsair RAM, Case, fans, water cooler, and Corsair tool set.
6. I could finally use a 1000 Watt power supply to run a ~10 Watt VIA C3 motherboard for the lulz.
7. It's probably more quiet than my current power supply.
8. I could finally brag that my PC has more than 1 horsepower!
9. My girlfriend needs a new computer, so she could use my old PSU and save some money.
10. It's a RAIDMAX, which is a brand known for burning out, exploding, and catching fire.

derTorbs
Gerbil

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 am

1. Never have I won a TR contest.
2. Gonna throw in a GTX 770 that a friend gave me recently, don't know how long my poor little PSU can keep up.
3. Give me the excuse I need for some serious redesign of my current color scheme of Blue/Black.
4. You know you want to....
5. Up till now, my builds have been middle of the road, I would love to have a high-end component to make my friends jealous.
6. Never has my PC been in such dire need of a PSU before (Rosewill 630W PSU circa 2009)
7. Gonna be straight with you guys, Corsair is my brand of choice (seriously, those guys rock out some bad ass components and peripherals)
8. Let me be honest, it is a crazy coincidence that the very day my venerable PSU started having issues, you guys put up this contest.
9. You don't have to believe me, but maybe its fate for me to win.
10. Down the road, I will have to figure out how to write better Rick Roll lists...
Intel Core i7 930 | Asus P6TD Delux X58 | Corsair 12 GB RAM | Raidmax 650W | Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti | Dell Ultrasharp U2711 & U2312 | Corsair K90 | R.A.T. 7| Corsair Vengeance 1500|

Neutronbeam
Gerbil XP

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:04 pm

1. I am an IT god.
2. I am powered by clean energy--I shower every day.
3. I use only Japanese caps--my current cap says "I want a Japanese girlfriend"
4. I am fully modular--you can plug me into sockets, menial jobs, loud drunken parties--I fit it all.
5. I have lots of cables--telephone, LAN, cellphone, TV, router, car battery...
6. I have a 1,000 uses--top ones are minioning, toting, lifting, baling, multi-multitasking.
7. I get a charge out of technology--the problem was poor wire insulation..ouch.
8. Don't know about Edition, but everyone who knows me says I am special. Very special. The judge and parole officer said the same thing.
9. I have high efficiency--many things I try to do only once, 'cause some were very dangerous. Nude hanggliding is not happening again.
10. I am almost but not quite a somewhat future possible close acquaintance of SSK and Krogoth...THEY ARE IMPRESSED AND LOVE ME GUIZE!
"the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die." -- Senator Ted Kennedy, 1980 Democratic National Convention speech

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:21 pm

for i in {1..9}; do echo $i | awk '{BESTREASON=($1+1)^8} {print $1". This reason is the best reason, and is "BESTREASON" times better than any other reasons."}'; done
10. Because of the above. :)
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

poopooperson
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:35 pm

1. Because maybe with a PSU this beautiful I'll finally give a f*** about cable management.
2. So I can dream about how I can power all the PC components I'll never be able to afford.
3. To have something white and pristine by my desk that's not a box of tissues...
4. So I have one less component to blame for being bad at Overwatch.
5. To further my personal commitment to energy efficiency with an 80+ Gold rated PSU. I don't want Santa to be delivering presents by jet ski in the future because I nuked all the polar ice caps with my video gaming addiction.
6. So I can wink and tell girls about all the power I have under the hood.
7. Because my current PSU is older and dustier than a granny's fanny.
8. Because the only other luxurious item in my room is a memory foam pillow.
9. So that, for once, I can look through the glass side panel of my computer case and not immediately be struck with crippling depression.
10. So I can call my mom and tell her I've finally won my first prize since my science fair ribbon in 4th grade!

Thanks TechReport for hosting the giveaway. I had a lot of fun coming up with my list :)
Last edited by poopooperson on Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

worldbfree
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:38 pm

0. I'm a time traveler.  I am always traveling forward through time.
1. I like numbers and can use binary on my fingers to count up to what ever number is given out
2. Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it.  That 1000W will not put me close to too much.
10. Winter is coming.  Anything that can generate heat is greatly appreciated.
11. Hitler took France, but he never took Charlie Chaplin's Mustache
12. I don't have any White components in my computer.  It's about time we break down barriers and integrate.
20. A 1000W would allow a 2nd card
21. I don't believe in white after labor day, I will use it all year round.
22. I'm a time traveler.
100. Base 3 number sets

astrotech66
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:59 pm

1. It matches my pure white Samoyed dog perfectly!
2. My new GTX1080 (purchased with a Daily Deal listed on the Tech Report!) is disgusted by my current old 750W PSU.  She says she will most definitely not run Crysis until I upgrade.
3. I plan to upgrade with one of the new AMD Zen CPUs when they come out next year.  With an AMD CPU, who knows how much power I'm really going to need?
4. Today just happens to be 16 years, 8 months, and 9 days since I built my first computer from scratch.  Is that a crazy coincidence or what?  A shiny white limited edition PSU would be a perfect commemorative gift in recognition of that anniversary!
5. I'm probably older than everyone else trying to win this PSU.  Age has its privileges.
6. I'm a chronic underachiever who feels like I've wasted all the potential I once had when I was younger.  Winning this PSU would help ease the sting of a failed life.
7. Everything I put in my computer has RGB LEDs.  I need all the extra power I can get to run all those extra lights.
8. My wife was not amused by the GTX1080 purchase and has placed a moratorium on any new PC component purchases.  My only path for upgrades right now is to win contests like this.
9. I'm suffering from PTSD due to the results of the U.S. Presidential election.  I need something good to happen to help me recover.
10. I'm trying to impress Krogoth and this PSU might get me off to a good start.
11.  My list goes all the way to eleven!

Fieryphoenix
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:19 pm

1. I'm going to have a new president this January.
2. I need juice for my machine to get the flows through the interweb.
3. I just got a pure sine wave UPS.
4. Arrr, matey.
5. My delicate ears like some PSU fans and not others, and if I don't get this one, how will I ever know?
6. I can't even.
7. It will shut me up.
8. Because reasons.
9. I have a bad feeling about this.
10. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:29 pm

1. This is the RM1000i, this is not Sonic-Sea.
2. Gives off a white light to escape from CX-Series.
3. Old fans now whine, of new gear I now do dream.
4. I'm just a poor boy, the Special Edition I want now.
5. These plugs are easy come, easy go!  Route them high, route them low!
6. Anywhere the fan blows, a pleasant glow will be there for me...for me.
7. Kampman, I need a helping hand!  Made my vows and had a kid, now my budget is quite dead.
8. Kampan, hardware is so much fun!  And now you've gone and offered it for free!
9. Kampman, oooohhhh (anywhere the fan blows)...I don't mean to make you sigh, and if I don't win this time then there's no sorrow.
10. Carry on, carry on, since these reasons just don't matter.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

Chuckaluphagus
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:37 pm

1. My existing power supply is now ... seven years old? It's powering its third full rebuild at the moment. A replacement might be smart.
2. The last power supply I purchased (much more recently than the one in my computer) ended up being turned into a benchtop power supply for MAD SCIENCE tinkering.
3. I am plague and famine resistant, and therefore will get long years of use out of a new PSU.
4. I will be compelled to purchase a new, better case to go with my new power supply - the case is now over ten years old, and cable management is ... poor.
5. A more efficient PSU will help me lower my electric bill.
6. Furthermore, a more reliable power will ensure that I spend more time, and subscription dollars, browsing Tech Report.
7. More time spent browsing Tech Report will make me more inclined to spend money on new parts and technology.
8. Which will further engage my interest in the minutiae of computer and related technologies, and that I'll on the lookout for new articles on such subjects.
9. Meaning that I'll spend even more time checking the front page and forums here.
10. It's a vicious cycle.

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:44 pm

10 Reasons I should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition.

1. It would look wicked-awesome in my Corsair 600D white case.
2. If I win I will buy another R9 390 and crossfire..  This would allow me to drop my household thermostat by at least 2 degrees this winter.
3. My current power supply will get handed down to a brilliant little boy who loves gaming and is a very responsible young man, deserving of an upgrade!
4. When you mail this puppy my way you can feel good about your decision.   I have lots of experience dealing with large amounts of power.  Just ask my wife.
5. White is my 4th favorite color.  Seriously.
6. Within the next 6 months I had plans to upgrade my psu/mb/ram/cpu  of my rig.  If I win I will be able to afford that fancy new 950 PRO!!!
7.  I'll finally be able to claim that I have a "super-power"?  Zing?!
8. It would allow me to game with more frequency and less resistance.
9. Just thinking about winning this PSU gets me all charged up!
10. It just might help me prevent current events.

Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:42 pm

On the tenth day of Christmas my TR sent to me,
10 drives a-spinning,
9 glowy case fans,
8 CPU threads
7 UV light strips
6 USB ports
5 channel fan hubs
4 light up DIMMS
3 solid state drives
2 GPUs
And a ki-lo-watt power supply!

EDIT: PS I really don't need the PSU, just wanted to post the song, so please don't include me in the draw ^_^
Last edited by Voldenuit on Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wind, Sand and Stars.

kramer1007
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Top Ten reasons why I should win:

10: matches my white PC build
 9:  Winter is coming
 8: i need MORE POWER *grunt* *grunt* *grunt*
 7: capt. Kirk needs more power and Scotty's givin' it shes got already.
 6: i'm dreaming of a "white" Christmas
 5: i have a December birthday
 4: because the Nintendo classic keeps selling out
 3: because trump is the president-elect
 2: i wanna be a pirate (corsair)
 1: i need that dank white power supply

sluggo
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:44 pm

1. My ten-year-old Corsair HX620 no longer attracts the ladies.
2. I had a white motorcycle with 1000 cc's. I don't know how many cc's this has, but it's white and has 1000 in the name. Close enough.
3. It's well-known that white cables have more watts than any other color. My current cables are black and have inferior wattage.
4. I know this jerk who works for corsair, and having a supply that he can't get is my chance to tell him to suck it.
5. Seriously, my current supply is probably on its last legs. Crap reason, but I felt it needed to be said. Won't mention it again.
6. It's been ten years on the same supply, and I have not yet won the lottery. Not saying anything, just sayin'. Time for a change.
7. Installing a new supply may provide an opportunity to clean the dust/critters out of my chassis. No promises.
8. A white supply is kinda kinky.
9. Ten reasons? Really?
10. Oh, okay, here's a good closer:  Corsair makes great products and I really wouldn't bother to write in for any other manufacturer's supply.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action - Goethe

Chonky11
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:02 pm

1. I would like to use this to build my first ever pc.
2. This will help power my mba homework!
3. This thing looks wicked cool.
4. I've never won anything.
5.This will give me something to brag about at Christmas.
6. Your other products are rated high so I'm confident in this guy!
7. I would love a power supply so I can get back into desktops.
8. Imagine all the powah!
9. I had a power supply die on me before, this would be great karma.
10. Because I said pretty please?

Awesomlego
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:13 pm

1. I want it
  2. I deserve it
  3. I need it
  4. I love Corsair products
  5. I love power supplies
  6. I love Corsair RM100i Special Editions
  7. I love winning giveaways
  8. I love feeling that I'm better than everybody here because I won
  9. I'll be your best friend
  10. If you don't give it to me, I'll call the NSA and say you are a dark web site
Thanks!

abiathar
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm

I'll give it a try.

1: I love Corsair power supplies.
2: I love Corsair cases.
3: I use Corsair power supplies.
4: I have a white build.
5: I have a WHITE build.
6: I have a WHITE BUILD!!
7: I HAVE a WHITE BUILD!!
8: I HAVE A WHITE BUILD!!
9: The white build has a black power supply.
10: I would really like a white Corsair power supply to go in the white build.

40NinjaFISH
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:55 pm

1. It's a white freeeking PSU
  2. I would love to upgrade and grow into a Skylake or Kabylake system
  3. My current ivybridge system is white
  4. My current psu is white and sticking to the theme with a massive upgrade- whoo hoo!
  5. I'm currently the "go-to-computer-guy" in my circle of friends and that doesn't really pay or reward much. So a cool bit of pretty tech would hit me in the feels.
  6. It's a white freeeking PSU
  7. It would force my to buy a bigger, better, and more awesome case without eating my wallet. White theme PCs aren't cheap!
  8. I love building, tinkering with, and teaching/showing people how to PC Master-race. Share the knowledge!
  9. Corsiar makes some "lit" products. *pun intended*
  10. It's a white freeeking PSU
Thanks TR! :D

jongman
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:02 pm

NEW WHITE CORSAIR PSU??? :o *breathing heavily intensifies* I NEED SO TAKE MY REASONS!

1. Corsair psu's are known to be very reliable and I could not find a white one. OHMg I really need it  :cry:
2. I'm CURRENTly in the process of building a PC but need a white psu.
3. My theme is white and pink so it'll fit in perfectly. Color scheme is a real SHOCK.
4. It is a fully modular psu which is great for having a neat and clean looking pc. Messy setups really HERTZ my heart.
5. It's a white psu. Who doesn't like white computer parts? Looks very clean and im ec-STATIC for it.
6. 1000 watts to power anything I throw at it. WATT more can you ask for?
7. It's 80+ gold rating... I reFUSE to use anything lower so it'll be perfect for me.
8. The white LED built into the psu will really LIGHT up my setup.
9. I reallllllyyyy want this psu.... guilty as CHARGED. WIREn't you picking me as winner already???
10. Whoever is reading these entries, I'm a friendly person :) we can friends! I can already feel the SPARKS of friendship.

Sorry for the bad puns but I think I provided an AMPle amount of reasons why I should win. Hopefully it GENERATED some laughs.
Last edited by jongman on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prezza
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:14 pm

1. Unlimited Power!
2. My PSU is from 2012 and surely will die soon.
3. Make my family proud.
4. Coolest guy on the block :P
5. Love that white.
6. Corsair makes the best gear.
7. 1080s won’t run on hopes and dreams.
8. Cold winter means heavy gaming time for me.
9. My dog loves the smell of a fresh PSU.
10. Make my pc great again.

krazyredboy
Gerbil Elite

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:17 pm

1. I'm currently building a computer and I believe this would work really well, in the new system! (Progress can be viewed here: https://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=118683)
2. I'm at a point that I've spent every extra dime I have on building my new system, while still being able to afford Christmas presents for my family.
3. This Power Supply will have more than what I was originally planning on needing, so it will allow me to expand the computer's future upgrades and abilities.
4. I'm a Red-headed Stepchild.
5. I do love Corsair products! I've used Corsair products in my last two computers, which have lasted since 2005.
6. In the final, finished product, I will be more than happy to advertise all of the equipment utilized in the build! So... free advertising!
7. The cable management will be a dream, with this power supply, especially, when considering my unique case (computer case, that is).
8. I really like the look of this power supply. The white cabling and shell are aesthetically pleasing and will match well with what I have in mind for my other components.
9. I can't remember the last time I've won anything... which, I suppose is a reason, but I don't know how good of a reason that is... but I'm honestly, running out of reasons...
10. Last and honestly again, even if it weren't for Christmas coming up, I probably couldn't afford this particular (and something similar) power supply to begin with.

Thanks for the chance!

jaredtuyenho
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:18 pm

1. Corsair's RMi series are rated tier 1 according to toms hardware so it's very reliable.
2. I'm planning on a white build so it would be the most reliable one that I know of so far.
3. I need a new PC for school (even though this is a bit overkill) and gaming.
4. I'm on a tight budget so any extra parts would help.
5. It's fully modular and includes white paracord, which looks awesome.
6. 80+ gold is very efficient and makes me feel more secure than basic, bronze, or even silver.
7. It has LEDs so I won't need a strip for a see-through case in that area.
8. 1000 watts is perfect for future proofing.
9. It avoids me painting a power supply.
10. Who doesn't like free, quality products? If that isn't considered good, I'm a computer fanatic and plan to be a hardware or software engineer.

chaython
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 pm

1. Help save the environment, upgrading from a bronze rated PSU
2 Unlimited power - no reasonable set up can max out this unit
3 My precious - the white looks very shiny
4 SLEEVED CABLES!? I've never seen sleeved cables in person[besides that plastic shrink mesh garbage]
5 My current power supply is very loud
6 PLEASE please, this power supply is so efficient and reliable, mine all the voltages are poorly regulated
7 Power supplies are expensive especially this one, and I don't have any money
8 I was laid off from my job
9 Bragging rights
10 The first time I won a prize that wasn't a free scratch ticket

mystichisoka2
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 pm

[*]Will give my PC enough power to run the matrix
[*]Even not in use will make a great art piece that goes in the Louvre or my PC
[*]my PSU knows how to shed its cable braided layer like a snake. Tsk tsk.
[*]Braided cables are like herpes. You either have them or you don't. I want them.
[*]PC master race will not allow a peasant into their ecosystem with a 6 year old power supply that is trying to run a 1070
[*]The only AC/DC thing that I will ever love.
[*]So many watts it'll make any person go "watt?"
[*]This PSU will suit my build because it is as white as a crest 3d white strips commercial.
[*]When a girl asks to show what's under the hood. You show her this.
[*]Jokes aside this PSU is something I fell in love with as soon I saw it and will be a great replacement for my dinosaur age psu at the moment and will be the best thing in the world to suit my current build.

Techtechie101
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:54 pm

Reason why I should win? Hmmm well that's easy... I think
1. Finally a power supply that won't blowup would be great to own for once them lame cheap ones just don't do the job
2. It's white I mean is there any thing else I need to say white is just sexy in a computer
3. I'm pretty freakin awesome
4. I want to try to build a giveaway rig in which it would be put together by giveaway prizes and benchmark what it is capleable off
5. When you have a 1 year old to take care of paying for your hobby is hard to due as family always come first so when companies and people do reach out and do giveaway it's nice to see I've never won any but it's cool to try and see people win
6. Who wants a amazing unboxing video when and if I did when with a great shout out!!!
7. My uncle drives a Prius this corsair psu will have more power let's be real :D
8. Modular can someone say Cable management o_O never experienced a modular psu
9. I need a psu with the power the flash and Zeus put together and think I may have found it from the look of it
10. I'm Trevor :) pretty cool dude and great dad, electronic enthusiast and I love building and showing off skills I mean a white black build would look great!!! Especially as a gaming pc

PAPAjon
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:12 pm

1. I am drowning in a sea of ketchup, mustard, and semi-modularity. Please save me.
2. I am a full time student/stay at home dad, and my wife wont let me use my student loans to buy computer hardware.
3. I reaaaaaally want to do a Portal themed build with all white/black hardware, separate custom loops for the cpu/gpu(s) filled with blue and orange liquids respectively
4. My current PSU works perfectly fine (aesthetics aside), but right now my wife doesn't have her own computer, so if I won this, I'd have one less component to worry about for her eventual build.
5. My just over one-year-old daughter has barely started walking and she is already figuring out how to work our Xbox, TV, and even make her way into Overwatch and spend her mother's hard-earned coins on voice lines for Ana. Needless to say I'll have to start worrying about building her a gaming rig too before I know it.
6. I really don't need that much power, but god dangit I want that much power.
7. Did I mention I'm a student? There's absolutely no way I'd ever get my hands on one of these bad boys short of winning one.
8. I need to upgrade my case and I'm on the fence between going with a black or white theme. Winning this would make my decision very simple.
9. I've always been a fan of Corsair products. I recently bought a Scimitar RGB mouse and I'm planning on getting a K70 RGB keyboard when I can afford it. At this point the most notable parts of my setup would be all Corsair and I could eventually go for an all-corsair build.
10. I mean holy wow that's just a real good lookin' power supply.

i3isallin33d
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Honestly my cables are complete trash, there not sleeved and not white to match my build either. 1000w would also give me space to do sli in the future. Fully modularity means that I will be able to turn my spaghetti filled case into a clean plate, per say. The design of the psu itself will look neater, and cleaner especially with the edges being indented, will make my build look more interesting. I could make up more stuff but these are the things it could do for my build, and I'm not going to add on facts that aren't true.

Reenee99
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 pm

1. Its pretty
2. Future proof
3. Fully modular so cable management will be alot easier
4. Can't afford something like this
5. Did i mention its pretty?
6. Would love the upgrade
7. Matches my case color
8. I realllly want it
9. SOO MANNY WATTS
10. I have supported corsair before with purchases so why not be a kind fellow and ship this bad boy to me