Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

DinoSaar
Gerbil In Training

Re: Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:37 pm

1. I live in fear, knowing that my computer has an Enermax power supply from 2009.
  2. I am looking to try SLI and would need some extra power to do so.
  3. My computer sits on my desk, and every time I look to my right and see the inside, the rainbow colored 24 pin cable makes me cry inside.
  4. Anyone who knows me would tell you how fashionable and unique I am, and so is this power supply.
  5. 80 Plus Gold > 80 Plus.
  6. I am deeply disappointed by the lack of good deals on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so I could use a consolation prize.
  7. I work at a computer store and sell plenty of Corsair RM power supplies every day. I give them but never get one.
  8. Corsair Link is super cool.
  9. In 4th grade, my friend won a Wii from a giveaway and I told him that I will win something better. I still haven't won a giveaway.
  10. I forgive Corsair for changing their logo.

Roqueg
Gerbil In Training

Re: Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 pm

1. To be honest I'm new to this forum and this power supply would complete my Corsair 760T white build.
2.  This power supply would be a unique conversation piece for my sons whom I may pass down too some day.
3. I 'm rarely ever home, because of work  16 hour days and can really never compete for these things, so this is a rare opportunity to make entry for this product.
4. I am 54 years old and still considered a newb at computer building and hope I would not ruin it when putting my computer together.
5. These things are so expensive and I have to wait a long time to purchase a part, but my wife says I just have to be patient, I try.
6. I called Corsair and they said there will never put this product out again.
7.  It really doesn't concern me  that it's white or limited edition or how special it is.  I would be happy just to have one. instead having to own a used one.
8.  When ever I have spare time I will sometimes look on youtube tech channels and see videos with guys with fancy gear and wonder how they can afford all that stuff.
9. I know that  Corsair must make good products, because I have one of their cases took me along time to get  and a lot of flowers to persuade my wife to let me get one.
10. If I win this prize my wife is going to wonder were it came from and why I didn't ask her first.  I will tell her honestly. I came home from work and found it at our front door, she might believe me.

bfstein2
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:51 pm

1: I want to be a PC reviewer in the near future
2: I do video editing and this will help me with a pc that can help it
3: Corsair products are very reliable and nice looking
4: I want to do a multi GPU setup
5.I will be able to add custom liquid cooling to my current or future projects
6: It will make any build look a lot cooler
7: The cables on my current PSU are falling apart
8: It would help me financially
9: Both the sleeving and the actual unit will last me a very long time
10: It could help me get into the enthusiast world
11: My birthday is in two days

Dimitri Sainis
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 pm

1. Would be a massive upgrade from my old dusty PSU.
2. Would go perfect in my soon to be all white build.
3. It's Corsair, what's not to love ?
4. Building PC's is my hobby.
5. I'm a poor college student who would be eternally grateful if he could win this.
6. It looks amazing!
7. I've never seen a PSU that comes with colored cables. 
8. Buying white cables would cost around $100 CAD.
9. It would be the first time i ever won a giveaway, and I've signed up to hundreds :(
10. It would stop me from painting my old PSU white :P

Yeung
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm

1....Poor college student that needs it for his computer for bioinformatics.
2....One huge hardware enthusiast who doesn't have all the money to buy the best parts.
3....Would love this power supply because his favorite color is white.
4....Enjoys building computers and making them look aesthetic.
5....Really needs a new power supply for his computer.

6....Should and would be really thankful if he won this giveaway.
7....Upcoming birthday in December and would be super happy if he won.
8....Pushing pixels needs a really good power supply.
9....Proud to be a computer hardware enthusiast.
10...Lost in the beauty of this power supply.
 .....Your reaction when the first letter of every sentence spells power supply ;)
Last edited by Yeung on Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jodyz
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:27 pm

1. I'm not related to anyone working at Corsair
2. I'm not related to anyone working at The Tech Report
3. I voted
4. I like dogs and cats
5. My favorite color is blue
6. I'm not too tall or too short
7. I like ice cream (who doesn't?)
8. I sometimes get motion sickness
9. I'm half a century young
10. Feng Shui; the PSU will match my 32GB of White LPX 3200 memory in my gaming rig.

Stalegoldifsh96
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:39 pm

1: I'LL (gently) THROW THAT BAD BOY IN MY PC!!!! 
2: Although this is my first time making an account, I've been browsing tech report for a while now.
3: It would match my case perfectly.
4: I will take GREAT care of it.
5: Id save money, not have to buy a new power supply when i upgrade my pc to an SLI beast.
6: My current power supply is a hand me down and is missing pins here and there.
7: You will know that you gave it to someone who truly appreciates it.
8: My friends will get to hear me brag about this baby for a loooooong time.
9: I never won a contest before, this would be crazy!
cue music

10: What would you do if there was a child sitting in front of you, sitting all alone crying in pain from not having a Corsair RM? What if all you had to do was reach into your pocket and pull out a Corsair RM to save that child's life? For just just one Corsair RM1000i SE a lifetime you can make this child live happily. Be the change in is life. Thank you.

War77EL
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:50 pm

1) Wanna Feel like a BOSS. DEFINITELY a BOSS.
2) Would Like to Be Classified as a BALLER at LAN Parties.
3) Want to See if My current 450w PSU gets jealous or blushes at the new one (also a way to identify if my current is male or female).
4) I'd like to experiment running two low-consumption build from one PSU (NOT WITH the 1000i! NO NO NO. I'm not THAT type of savage).
5) I'd like to repurpose my current PSU into my sisters gaming build (I will be completing hopefully in the next month or two).
6) Of course if I repurpose my current PSU into my sisters rig, I'll need a new one.
7) I'd also have the chance to laugh maniacally, with my little finger placed cleverly yet gently at the corner of my mouth.
8) I'd actually be sending a paycheck to my savings for once in a good while.
9) My new place of dwelling will be christened with is first package delivery.
10) Twitter and Instagram feeds across the lands will be graced with bragging images, posted by yours truly.
•War'EL•

Atomos
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:52 pm

Reasons for getting this rectangularish box thing that will turn that weird negative things that comes out of your wall into a form that that block thing on my floor can use so I can do things like writing reasons for getting this rectangularish box thing on the interwebs:

1) It's the perfect size and shape to prop up my panel that shines images (that's another thing these box things are used for, right?)
2) If I try hard enough, it will provide at least a couple calories (or at least have something to chew on that'll last a while) to get me through the long winter.
3) If I plug it into my brain, i'm almost 42% certain that I can achieve a stable neural overclock (Even if it might hertz me a bit).
4) If I tie a light bulb to it, I can say that a have a 1000 watt pure white light bulb.
5) It weighs 2.03 kg, so if I tie enough together I can make a trebuchet.
6) One step closer to making a building out of stacked rectangularish box thing instead of your standard brick.
7) As it will last 11.41552511415525 years straight with it's 100,000 hour MTBF, I can stare at images on my panel that shines images for 11.41552511415525 years without stopping, and that's long enough grow a beard! #noshave11.41552511415525years
8) As it's silent until 400 watts are output, I can use it as an example for my future children.
9) I'll finally have something to talk about when I find a pile of gold that is greater than 80 years old lying around.
10) As the PSU is SLI compatable, If I get a FOX 8825BK computer case, take out the pre-installed PSU and put this one in, than I can officially say to my computer that it could be a SLI FOX if I get another graphics card

And if I win, I will have a trophy for being relatively funny to somebody out there, so congrats to a possible future me or anybody else that wins.
Last edited by Atomos on Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Desktop@Tiger
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:58 pm

1. I'm a (little) tired of trying to run a GTX 1070 at (the) 2ghz (dream) x 6700k at 4.7ghz (happy together!) off of a 450w 80+ certified psu (the poor thing) :(

2. In addition to the copious amounts of confusing parentheses used in #1, the bottom of a very special Antec Nine Hundred Two (the OG, not the v3 :D ) needs a little white for a very special black-encased white build :)) <--double chinned "donut face" in reference to what in the heck my face'll look like if I do actually manage to win

3. The consistent reliability of Corsair and the ability of even their "lower-end" power supplies to put up with all the crud (power draw) the menacing gpu-cpu demon combo demand from it.

5. Numbers are hard :( Also, the white IO cover of a very certain Asus Z170-AR is lonely without another white-colored friend... :(

6. I mean, those cables! Just look at those cables! That white shrouding! That smexy white LED fan! I mean, just look at it! Makes my heart beat faster than the typing speed someone can achieve on a Corsair K70 Rapidfire! (aaaahhhhh puns >_>)

7. I'm...also...kind of broke...spent money...on Corsair's LED AF120 fans...I mean...they looked good, so I bought a couple *ahem* 12 *cough* to maybe see what all the fuss was about? (I sleep with three) I mean what? They're just fans, right? hehe...OMG they look so good! TT

8. I work part-time to buy food (hahaha just ramen) for me and my roommate, who by the way has a GIANT SPIDER ON HER SHOULDER LOOK OUT! *feigned smack* haha just kidding ^_^ (This would be a gift to her for [a] being the best platonic girl-friend ever [b] for putting up with me for this long and still smiling always! [seriously I must be a massive load to deal with x'D] ) 

9. In all seriousness, this piece would be huge towards my journey into amateur computer enthusiasm, and would actually pretty much complete the medley of "new" hidden convincingly under a thin veil of "old" combining (in my opinion) a wonderful medley of old classics and new innovations, (This computer isn't for me, I would never speak of any of my belongings with such high praise haha) 
i7-6700k OC (this cutie turbo'd itself to 5.1ghz! ^_^)
GTX 1070 OC
Samsung 850 Evo SSD
Super Old Western Digital HD (250GB)
LG Blu-ray drive (model label is faded beyond recognition)
Too Many Corsair AF120 LED case fans (ahhh zip ties, we love you so)
Corsair VX450W PSU
Asus Z170-AR motherboard

10. This power supply is so freaking amazing that it should be able to power not only my roommate's gift build, but also my entire life! In addition, I swear to protect it from the Empire, who we all know will obviously try and steal one of these beast psu's to power their Death Star >_>

11. If worst comes to worst, then I will this beautiful piece of modern technology to the polar bears of the north to aid in powering their secret space station that they will use to escape the quick-melting polar ice caps :))
Last edited by Desktop@Tiger on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frznchibi
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:19 pm

1. It's always been my dream to be able to run Crysis, and I think this PSU will be the last piece I need.
2. A rational fear of mine is being short on wattage. I'm already short enough as is (4'2").
3. White LEDs for the PSU will look so sexy and motivate me to filter out my case as best as possible.
4. I was always runner-up at competitions and I only ever reached "Silver" rank in LoL. If I win, I can say that I got something that's "Gold", 80+ Gold.
5. My house gets real warm during the Summer times, I don't want a cheapo-PSU to explode in the heat while I run my ~$1000+ Facebook machine.
6. BitWit Kyle (Awesomesauce Network) influenced me that a White PC build is sexy af.
7. Because it comes with sleeved black cables as opposed to the nasty ketchup and mustard ones seen elsewhere.
8. While it may be overkill for most folks, I will take full advantage of this capacity of this PSU. Can u 1000wotm8?
9. Black, the color that most PSUs are, is known to absorb heat which is a no-no for computers as far as I know.
10. I think it was Matthew McConaughey who said it best that a PC enthusiast should have a build that's "All white, all white, all whiteee"

landon
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:20 pm

1:I want more power.
2:I don't like a white psu but it's free..
3:this power supply should look good with my corsair mouse pad.
4:everybody know, I'm poor.
5:I love new hardware especially from corsair.
6:because my psu isn't special.
7:this would be first special power supply.
8:because i don't need 1000w.
9:I spent 50% of my free time watching.
10:I know my english awful.

Rissew
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:27 pm

Why i really need to win this powersupply.

1. I cant afford a 3rd corsair power supply on VA disability income
2. It matches my motherboard, GFX card, and cpu cooler perfectly. 
3. I have a HX1200I i just bought for Friday but it does not match. Before that was a RM850I (Didn't have enough juice)
4. I am trying to start my own youtube channel and will give a review of all my corsair products
5. I am a student using my GI bill i will donate my old PSU to another student
6. I want the corsair reliability and warranty.

7. The white cables are so dang sexy.
8. MY wife would kill me if i bought another one just for it to match.
9. I am studying information technology
10. I LOVE CORSAIR PRODUCTS!!!, they are only power supply i use for my PC or my wife's pc

jrands
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:40 pm

1. Would have more power than President elect trump. 
2. Would have Cern calling me to borrow all of my pearly white crispy clean gold rated joule's all 1000 of them per sec. 
3. Would actually have a legit reason for installing a side panel window. 
4. Would actually be able to run sli or crossfire setup for the first time in my life with crazy OC's, without worry of releasing Smog Destroyer of Rig's. 
5. Would mount it in the dashboard of my malibu and pretend im driving a DeLorean, maybe then my gps would have a legitimate reason for routing me off a bridge while i shout " I HAVE THE POWER."
6. It contains the letter " i " for i need it. 
7. Would finally complete my dream of having two wive's except one's gold rated and alot more powerful at turning me on. " oop's pretended  i was a server with redundant power supply's ". 
8. Would be perfect for my all white winter pc...........that i dont have yet cause this isnt here, which brings total white part's count for winter build to.....0...  >.<
9. Would keep my room chill in the summer by sucking in hot air and spewing out snow, a thermal effect of object's that are just plain cool. 
10. Would give me a reason to invite people over for dinner as i jester ever so slightly in passing conversation to the glass case above the fireplace " you see that psu"....."its mythril".

Hope's you enjoyed i wents for da funny bone. 

DerpySnipes_WoT
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:45 pm

1. This actually happened but my psu just died on me so I am in the market anyways.
2. My case is red and black so white will TOTALLY fit right in with my scheme
3. I need some new roofing and the corregaated metal on the side of the psu would make a good patch
4. IF I WIN THAT PSU IMMA NAME MA BEBE REMSON AND HAVE THE MIDDLE NAME BE THOUAND.
5. If it so happens to be a girl I will name it remi
6. As per the last two reasons you will see that I am not sexist
7. Non-sexist people get PSU's, it's written in the brobel
8. I have an amazing mind, I can turn a Jamie Oliver video on how to make a bloody Mary into a productive taco dinner.
9. As you can see I am running out of ideas so Imma start a kickstarter where 1 limited edition PSU = 1 spared idea from having to be formed
10. I deserve this PSU because I HATE Quebec, just like you, I agree that we should exclude them from everything and I am glad that I have found some compatriots.

Thanks if I win, if not gj me for fitting in the effort for likely no gain.

BiTzFuRy
Gerbil In Training

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 pm

Here mai ten guud reesons wai iShood win the Corsair RM1000iSE PSU
Hear whee go!
#Juan: I need a beefier energy supply. I just can't wake up in the morning because I don't have the power!
#Too: My computer can't even supply enough energy for the Google Cardboard!
#Tree: I need a new test subject for possible bowling balls.
#For: Modular PSU's are messy. Messy is the new clean.
#Fiev: I keep getting blackout's in my house. Power supplies will supply enough power for my whole house in a blackout.
#Sicks: It is way too hot in my new house. I just need another fan.
#Seevann: I ran out of cables to connect devices from my TV to my monitor.
#Ate: It will be a great place to cook my breakfast on a deserted island.
#Nighne: My lamp won't turn on!!!!!
#Then: Why did the power supply cross the road? I want to find out with my own.

But in all seriousness, I really do have ten reasons why I want a PSU.
1. I already have a gaming build set up, but I plan on doing upgrades in the future. In order to do said upgrades, I will need a stronger power supply.
2. I need more efficiency with my PSU. My current PSU is not very efficient, so it takes up WAY more power than it needs.
3. My computer build is currently with a white and black color scheme.
4. I don't really have much money to get if I do end up doing an upgrade, so a free, beefier PSU would be nice.
5. It's limited edition, and when I don't need it anymore I can display it as if it is an antique.
6. I really want to have some value with my peers. Everyone around me thinks I am a complete nerd.
7. It would really be helpful to have for the reliability.
8. It would give me more overclocking headroom with my i5-4670k.
9. I really like knowing that I can have neat cable management.
10. I just want to be better at PC building in general. Having an extra PSU could mean I could possibly help my younger brother start his own PC!

Mefoga
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:26 am

1. My current computer requires an upgrade in wattage for any upgrades that I want to do to it.
2. This power supply is literally off the charts in the beauty scale.
3. The white theme would go perfectly with my green, black, silver, and white theme.
4. Fully modular is the way to go in modern PSUs, and mine isn't.
5. LED. Period.
6. Corsair. Period.
7. 1000W. Period.
8. Gold rated. Period.
9. Corsair Link. Period.
10. I would donate my old PSU to a friend in need, giving two people things that are useful.

I'm also beautiful.

deniro444
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:30 am

work 7 days a week.
2. I work 2 jobs.
3. I have 2 toddler daughters.
4. I have no money.
5. It would make me happy.
6. Too many bills.
7. My next day off is Christmas.
8. It makes me believe I have money.
9. I work 7 days a week.
10. I work 2 jobs.

Thank you for your time. Bye.

Silentleaf
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 am

1. I need a new silent heater.
2. The white reminds me of igloos. 
4. Sometimes I dream of being an igloo.
3. I've got this icebox where my heart used to be.
4.  I'm running a core2duo, I just lagged writing that. 
5. Just ordered some crystal pepsi from Amazon, its okay kinda taste like 7up
6. Final Fantasy 15 is beautiful, but kind of buggy. I literally got bricked talking to a shop owner with no menu options and anything to press except restarting the game. R.I.P
7. Techreport backwards is troperhcet which sounds like a new eggnog concussion for this upcoming holiday season. 
8. The wild 
9. Nailed my math test yesterday, the bonus question was "If you made 50 cents off every failed math test so far this year, how much would you have?" 
I counted it up in my head and confidently put $2.40 with 6 of my old exams stapled right on the back. 
10. What goes "oh oh oh"?

Santa walking backwards 

Cheers everyone good luck 

PalD2
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:09 am

1. I want to build a unique white and red pc in the Corsair Spec Alpha, but most power supplies are either black or from unreliable companies.
2. 1000 is a big number, but it's nothing close to the small loan of a million dollars needed. for sli quadros and a 6950x.
3. 1000 watts is alot. I will overclock EVERYTHING.
4. White components are always smokin hot. I need this psu to reel in all the classy ladies, if tou know what I mean.*wink* *wink*
5. Give me a reason to upgrade from a 750 ti.
6. I want to brag to my friends that my psu costs more than an xbox one.
7. Fully. Modular. Just like Linus and his sock-sandal combo.
8. The led fan.
9.control over usb.
10. I cant think of anything else original to say, so I'll say something a generic contest entrant would say. *ahem* I have never won a giveaway before, so you should give it to me so that I can finally feed my family by making minecraft lets plays. Thank you, thank you very much.

Mad_Dog
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:10 am

1. I'm building my first ever gaming Rig and need a excellent and reliable power supply
2. It's a WHITE and blue build so the white PSU would match perfectly!
3. I'd love to have an overpowered beast powering my rig that will only be using 400W
4. Love that it's modular so I can fit only the cables that I need in my Micro-ATX Mini case
5. I want to make other gamers Jealous
6. 80+ Bronze < 80+ Gold
7. More Power = More fun. 
8. I love that I'd have the ability to upgrade in the future without having to replace the PSU. 
9. I don't want the Klingon's to get it first. (Sorry I've been on a Star Trek DS9 Marathon)
10. NOTICE ME SEMPAI!

Huderka
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:22 am

1. I thought it was a good idea to try to overclock a processor and graphics card in a laptop... (it doesn't work anymore)
2. I work in retail at a tech store, the guys make fun of me not because I'm weird but because my computer set up is my moms dell from 05'
3. I lied I'm pretty weird :/
4. I spent my girlfriends birthday money on a motherboard for a processor I dont have.
5. I dont have a girlfriend ;(
6. Today I had to tell a customer why the Microsoft store doesn't sell apple watches.
7. I need a power supply for my computer that may or may not be used mostly for porn
8. seriously did you see the light it gives off and braided cords? You guys might actually get me laid.
9. No seriously, give me your number and ill call when it happens. 
10. I just found out the 400c case i just bought isnt actually white like i ordered. ****. Well in the highly likely event I wont get this PSU atleast I can attempt to exchange my case out.

xxstaz
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:36 am

1)As a college student its hard to get high end hardware
2)I'm slowing saving up money for parts would be nice if i could build my computer sooner
3)With my current parts with white LED it would be sick to have a white LED set
4)Many of my parts i have are all from Corsair, huge Corsair goods fan.
5)I still think LED everything is crazy my first build was dark, I want to have a lit up case on the inside this time.
6)I really like the unique white color unlike other PSU Corsair makes
7)I have always heard about how good the 1000i is I want to try one for myself to see if the legends were true.
8)The movable cables will really help me in my cable management, my old one has all the cables attached to it and organizing it was a bloody mess
9)Who doesn't want free stuff?
10)I want more spinning shiny fans

Old_Man_Hands
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:09 am

1. This would go great in my first ever custom built PC that I'm currently parting out and saving for.

2. I know how reliable the Corsair name is and I'll use the RM1000i special edition proudly.

3. My ultimate goal is to work in the tech/game industry and I currently don't have a PC I would so desperately need to pursue that dream. (One more part I wouldn't have to save for).

4. I'm considering an itx form factor build and since the RM1000i is fully modular, it would really help with cable management and just keeping the overall build looking clean. Not to mention slightly better airflow.

5. I've been researching computer parts heavily, and I mean HEAVILY, in the past two weeks and it seems like corsair makes a lot of very quality products that I would love to sport. However my budget is limited.

6. A beautiful power supply like this one would surely make my friends jealous.

7. I've never won any giveaways and this would be a very welcomed first.

8. I would genuinely benefit from winning, budget wise. (I know I'm being a bit redundant here but seriously...) If I won the RM1000i, not only is that a free component, but that's more money I can spend on other components. (Perhaps a Corsair chassis).

9. I told my family to only get me Amazon gift cards for Christmas this year because, all I want this year is a good and powerful mechine. Do you want to give me an early Christmas present? Please?

10. I asked please.

superfighter
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:58 am

I participate to this giveaway.
Why i want this PSU?!
1. I have a bad PSU
2. I live Corsair PSUs
3. Its fully modular
4. It's better than 80+ Bronze
5. I like special edition products.
6. I like high-end feeling
7. It's hard for me to get a high end PSU
8. It's going to be great on my Case
9. I can upgrade my Rig without changing the PSU
10. I can overclock without freaking out
That'it

dashbarron
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:26 am

Cause it will be a good addition to replacing my 8 year old Penryn build
Only you can prevent PC fires
Realistically, I knew my potato battery wouldn't work.
S
hameful to not have a match PSU in a new 600D
All I want for Christmas is my two-front teeth (please don't make me sell them to buy this).
I find your lack of faith, disturbing
Really though, the right ivory dealer will take anything....
Persistent I am. I will do anything for this. ANYTHING.
Seriously, ANYTHING. Except make Krogoth happy. Please not again....
Ultimate 1080 SLIs require MOR3 POWAR

TesseractTitan
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:16 am

1.I'm building a new tower from scratch and I'm still looking for a good PSU for a good price. (If I don't win I still might buy one anyway, but why spend money on the chance that it can be obtained for free.)
2.I only want the best for my pc build so that if I'm talking to others with computer knowledge I won't be ashamed if they as about mine. Along the same lines I don't want to feel that way when I look at it either.
3.I'm a big gamer and by big I mean I don't like ceilings (physical, data, or power). Yes, this only covers one of those but its better than none.
4.1000 watts and a gold 80+ rating? (Snap!) Its got the power!
5.Like me it can adjust to different situations because its modular!
6.We are both power houses when it comes to getting work done even in high demand situations.
7.Like my gaming skills it is OP.
8.Extra power? Maybe I can build a short range (non-lethal) stun gun to keep people from bothering me while I'm gaming.
9.I love the design. Reminds me of the shine off a bald guys head.
10.Because I feel like its about time I won something (I mean the last contest I won was a cake walk at my elementary school's fundraising event in fourth grade)

275o
Gerbil

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:59 am

1. The bragging effect of getting something from Techreport.
2. It will be the first time i´ll ever win something like this. 
3. My old Enermax is getting tired, and has started to wine sometimes.
4. It will suit my system very well. 
5. I love monitoring stuff, so be able to monitor my power consumption will be great
6. My 980Ti could for sure use some more power. 
7. You will have a very thankful winner. 
8. You will recive a thanks from my girlfriend, when she finds out that she can get a new pair of shoes after all. 
9.Gaming is my greatest hobby
10. you will make sli a possibility for me! 

Hope it does the job. :)

MaxTheLimit
Silver subscriber
Gerbil Jedi

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:05 am

1 - I'm a big fan of Corsair power supplies. We sell them at work, and they power several of my home machines.
2 - I'm a big supporter of Tech Report. I suggest the site to friends and use it as a valuable reference resource.
3 - I may not be the most prolific poster, but I believe I'm a even tempered and polite Gerbil in the forums.
4 - I've been planning an upgrade to my gaming PC, and that power supply would allow me to put more money to hardware to really take advantage of a 1000W power supply.
5 - I have a young daughter, so the semi-silent design will help prevent accidentally waking her.
6 - I've been falling behind my compatriots in the cool computer component game, and this would make me cool in the eyes of my particular circle of friends.
7 - If I won the power supply, I would share the experience of installing it in my machine on the forums, so others would get to feel some of the joy indirectly.
8 - I've always been a good sport about my lack of winning anything in competitions. I usually offer congratulations, and a cheerful joke.
9 - I don't usually get any Xmas presents. This would make up for that!
10 - If I won, I would do a happy dance, which is good for everyone because I have slick moves.

Luppens
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:59 am

1. Because the guy at the store said that for those triple-SLI stuff I needed three GTX1080s and three power supplies to make it work good.
2. Oh the guy at the store (he was very helpful and patient) also said that I could SLI the power supplies to make them work betters but is there a bridge thingy I need too? How do I link them like he said?
3. Oh yeah I almost forgot to say so he also told me the new 5k monitors I bought (I bought 3, one for each SLI he said) pulls a lot of electrik so I better get the 10,000 one or it could blow up on me. I guess it makes sense, right?
4. Well I like Corsair because the logo reminds me of the first time I went sailing with my dad, even though that day I almost drown so it makes me kind of sad too but thats OK.
5. Wait so how many is that? One, two, three, four... five! Wow, I'm already half way! OK let think... OK so I need five more, yeah just five more and then it will be good.
6. Wait! So, if I put these gtx1080s in SLI for the 3D surround right, do I need to get three sound card for the 3D sound too? And plug those ones into the Corsairs? Because the ones I saw that did 3D said they needed a plug, too.
7. Hey guys I don't know if you know these information, but the guy at the store told me I could do the Step Up in two months for the new RM2000ithat is coming out and that it was free! Did you know that? You should do it too its free upgrade!!
8. OK lets see thats one, two, three, four, five, six... and seven... OK! So I need three more then I finish! Thats good because I'm starting to get headache.
9. Oh! So the case that I got right, its clear so you can see inside and see all the lights, and I decorated the cables like a Christmas tree way so when I finallty turn it on it's going to be like a cool Christmas tree! And I guess thats going to pull a lot of electrik too so I really should have three of these to be on the safe side. Yeah.
10. Wow I made it to 10! For this last one, I don't know I think just because I'm a good person and help people here a lot with computer problems stuff, even though they never say thank you or reply but thats OK I still helped so...