Personal computing discussed

Moderators: Captain Ned, emkubed

gtrx
Gerbil In Training

Re: Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:11 am

1) not the new **** logo
2) Clean psu
3) I WANT ALL THE POWER
4) white goes great with any build
5) I need a psu for a new system
6) Great for overclocking
7) Insane reliability
8) Won't kill my parts
9) I can charge a tesla model s with this
10) If I smash someone on the head with it the psu would still work great

CyberKender
Gerbil In Training

Re: Give us 10 good reasons you should win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition here

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 am

1: "I was born a poor, black child..."
2: "There's not a lot of money in revenge."
3: "God is a luxury I can't afford."
4: “One minute you’re up half a million in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don’t go to college and they’ve repossessed your Bentley.”
5: “A fool and his money are lucky enough to get together in the first place."
6: “You’re not your job. You’re not how much money you have in the bank. You’re not the car you drive. You’re not the contents of your wallet. You’re the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.”
7: Molly: “That could be your savings account!”
   Bridget Cardigan: “I don’t think so, it has money in it.”
8: “Hooked up with a new company. Great benefits. They trade energy. It’s called Enron!”
9: Leia: "They're getting closer."
   Han Solo: "Oh, yeah? Watch this."
[he throws the hyperdrive lever, the engine sputters and dies]
10: "I've giv'n her all she's got captain, an' I canna give her no more."
--
CyberKender Esquire

WaltC
Gerbil

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Ten Reasons Why I should get this PSU:

1) I am the superior lifeform on this planet

2) I am the superior lifeform in this solar system

3) I am the superior lifeform in this star cluster

4) I am the superior lifeform within 14.5 Parsecs of immediate galactic space

5) I am the superior lifeform in this end of the Milky Way

6) I am the superior lifeform in this entire galaxy, actually

7) I am the superior lifeform within 185 Parsecs of extra-galactic space

8) OK, you win: I am the superior lifeform. Period.

9) Corsair makes splendiferous PSUs

10) Never before has this splendiferous lifeform actually won one of these contests!

TrivialTeabag
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:23 pm

1. I could be bothered making an account on a website that I likely won't use, to win an item I don't really need.
2. I tried buying one but corsair doesn't ship internationally and doesn't allow forwarding services.
3. It would look dope in my black and white build.
4. Moms Spaghetti
5. Why am I bothering, it's like 1am right now and it's very unlikely I will win.
6. Did you see those sleeved cables!, It would look SO dope.
7. I am capable of making lists in forum posts on the internet, and counting to ten.
8. Crap, I missed 3.
9. Made you look, did you fall for it, am I funny now?
10. I am a good boy who always eats his greens.

VinnyC
Gerbil

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:29 pm

1) YOU MAY ASK WHO WAS WEARING THE BOLO TIE, ME OR THE SHARK? ANSWER: YES
2) LASER SHOTGUNS!!! YOU'RE WELCOME!!!
3) THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APOLOGIZE!
4) The Vault Hunter is going through bandits faster than a fat kid in a cookie store. NOW I WANT COOKIES!
5) This fight reminds me of my dad! ALCOHOLISM DESTROYS FAMILIES!
6) PUNCH HIM SO HARD HE EXPLODES!
7) NOTHING IS MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH RESPECT!
8) EXPLOOOOOOOOOSIONS!!
9) BRING ME A BUCKET, AND I'LL SHOW YOU A BUCKET!
10) YOU'RE GONNA BE MY NEW MEAT BICYCLE!

charles4691
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:43 pm

1.It's arctic white .So it will be cloaked in my case.
2.The white individually sleeved cables are great ! No mustard and ketchup cables here.
3.It's 80 plus gold. so it will have a small footprint thus helping the environment.
4.It's virtually silent, allowing me to hear other noises in the room I might have missed.
5.The Japanese 105 C capacitors are always welcome when you need that reliability.
6.The ability to monitor the power supply and to adjust the fan and rails from the desktop is like having your cake AND being able to eat it !
7.The zero rpm fan is good,no sense in running when you have no reason to .
8.Having this a white power supply will give me the reason to do an all white build.
9. I would be a hero in my friend's eyes for having such an awesome power supply .
10. And lastly,I like to end 2016 with a bang by winning this great power supply and to congratulate corsair on their 10th year of producing great power supplies.And with your help, I can make  
      that goal a reality !!

Bitterbeard
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:46 pm

Reasons I should win:

1. First and foremost this would put me 350 Watts closer to being OVER 9000!
  2. In the words of the great comedian Dave Chappelle as the Black White Supremacist, "White Power!" (must be read in Chappelle's voice / no hate intended!)
  3. When I saw this giveaway I thought to myself, "Yo Dawg they heard you liked white PC parts, so Corsair made a White PC part for this white PC part giveaway so you can win a white PC part for your white pc part build."
  4. Will help me turn my wife to the dark si... Uh, I mean PC master race.
  5. I'd love to ditch this PSU shroud and show off this masterpiece! I'd have to do custom water cooling just to compliment this PSU appropriately!
  6. No one loves training and managing cables as much as I do! No seriously, I may have a problem. Send help... or pictures of tidy cables.
  7. I believe the reason you're looking for is, 42. I've heard it's the answer to life, universe and everything. I think PSU's are included in there somewhere.
  8. Cause I want to transmute my Bronze to Gold! Certification that is, Corsair hasn't mastered transmutation... yet.
  9. So I can say, "white LED Fluid Dynamic Bearing fan" more in everyday conversation.
  10. In all honesty, as much I'd love to keep this for myself if I won it'd go in a special build and make an amazing gift this holiday season for someone who's done so much for me over the years and whom I deeply care about.

Happy Holidays everyone and best of luck to you!

nocolonstilrolin
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:52 pm

10 GOOD reasons I should possibly win this beautiful Corsair RM1000i special edition:

1) My username is hilarious 
2) I really don't have a colon. So please #pcmasterrace shine some light on me.
3) My power supply is going on its 4th year. So in dog years thats 28 years. I think it's time for an upgrade.
4) It would be great to dress up my Cooler Master HAF tower. Throw in a dash of white to brighten up my case. 
5) I will send you a Christmas card with the Corsair RM1000i and myself. 
6) I would probably cry if I actually won this. 
7) I want to start upgrading/building a new PC. I believe this would be a fantastic start
8) Knock knock? Who's there?
9) Canoe. Canoe who?
10) Canoe please choose me as your winner.

serfeldon
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 pm

10 reasons would like to win a Corsair RM1000i Special Edition:
1) I love corsair products
2) I always use Corsair PSUs in all my PCs
3) I am starting a new white/silver build and it is using Phanteks EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass(Galaxy Silver) and an MSI Titanium motherboard, and Corsair Dominator Platinum ram
4) I would like to use dual GPUs and need a powerful PSU
5) It would be very cool to show off such a beautiful, limited edition PSU in my new build
6) I know the rm1000i is a quility PSU and now it is even better!
7) I love that it comes with white braided cables
8) It comes with cable combs!! That is a first!
9) There are not many white PSUs available and I would love to stick with Corsair
10) If I don't get one Santa will put you on his naughty list

InfernalPhantom
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Live in Ontario, Canada:
1. I currently have an EVGA 500W 80+ bronze psu
2.I have a white/black build and this would fit in perfectly
3. The white sleeved cables would look perfect and complete my build, instead of my yellow/red cables (ketchup and mustard :D)
4.I could use a gold rated psu and the 1000w because I am just on the verge of the minimum requirements for my gtx 1060 and i7 4790
5.Since it is modular it would help me ALOT with cable management
6.The LED on the psu looks amazing and match with my RGB deepcool LED strips
7.I love corsair products especially their keyboards and gaming peripherals and overall as a company
8.The 1000w is a good investment on the "future proofing" of my current setup
9. The fan on the supply looks top notch and would last me a while.
10. Finally, this psu is overall solid and would be a great product to brag about. Corsair never fails its customers.... just look at the pretty lights.

okron1k
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:33 pm

1. It's white, I'm white, my case is white.
2. I'm poor. I mean, I get my bills paid but I can't afford to spend on luxuries at the moment.
3. I hold the door for the person behind me, regardless of gender.
4. I wash my hands after going to the bathroom.
5. My birthday is coming in January.
6. I currently use a laptop as my daily computer, as it's faster than my PC. a new psu won't fix that, but it's a step in the right direction.
7. I use my turn signals when changing lanes.
8. I disable Adblock on my most frequented websites.
9. I do not pirate my music or video games.
10. I sit down to pee.

Yellow_Card43
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:40 pm

My top ten reasons:
1. I want to get into PC gaming for reals.
2. My AMD powered laptop is dying.
3. I want to build a new PC for gaming and school.
4. I really like how Corsair has factory-painted this PSU white instead of having to custom paint it.
5. $200 is a lot of money to spend on a 1000W PSU.
6. I'm spending $500 on my new PC, cause I'm broke.
7. The fact that Corsair has been in the business of power supplies for 10 years is amazing, considering the flack they've been getting over certain power supplies.
8. Corsair has always had their PSUs built by either Seasonic or Channel Well, two of the best OEM PSU manufacturers.
9. Did I mention I'm broke?
10. Well, I'm out of ideas, so here's a joke: What do you call an Egyptian doctor?

A Chiropractor! (Cairo-practor)

killakajilla
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi, thanks for doing this contest. First time here, and I heard about this contest from Paul's Hardware on YouTube. Just wanted to put that "I was referred from..." out there.

Okay, 10 reasons I should win the Corsair Rm1000I Special Edition:

1. I have been wanting to build a computer for a while now and have waited until Black Finally buy parts, and this would complete the set!
2. I am a Twitch Streamer! Check it out - Twitch.tv/Killakajilla
3. I will be making YouTube Videos with this new computer. Having an amazing power supply like this would make the usage to render videos more efficient!
4. The power supply that I have purchased for this build can then be passed on to another in need! - Most likely if won, will be done through the Tech Report forum! (Or if suggested a better method)
5. I have purchased the NZXT Phantom 530. That sleek white power supply would look DELICIOUS along with my white case!
6. I will be doing a build video for this computer as the first, Power Play video (see what I did there) for my YouTube Channel and first upload to Twitch.
7. I will be able to feature the place that I have received this power supply from on my Twitch channel as a powered by Tech Radar, and a link to it in my soon to come, Specs section.
8. When I do expand my computer (which I plan to) this power supply will keep moving on as I do, hopefully as this Streaming career moves on!
9. I love to win things!
10. I would like to thank you for putting this contest on!

Best,
LD aka Killakajilla

mohi95
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Ten reasons why I should win the Corsair RM1000i Special Edition:

1: I'm using Window Side Panel / Showcase.
2: The PSU would match my white build perfectly.
3: Don't have dust filter -->  Install PSU with fan upwards --> Light up my build when spinning.
4: Don't have PSU shroud --> Ugly ketchup&mustard cables --> special edition uses white cables --> Matches my build --> Don't have to live in in shame anymore.
5: Bought 2nd GTX 1070 --> Plan to SLI & Overclock --> Wouldn't dare with my current OCZ ZT 550W.
6: Special Edition is 80+ Gold Certified --> Mine is only bronze certified.
7: Special edition has ultra low noise + 0 RPM Fan Mode under idle. My current OCZ ZT spins 100 % RPM under idle, very loud/annoying.
8: Special edition has 100 % Japanese 105°C capacitors.
9: Special edition has fully modular cables.
10: If I won the special edition, I would give my current PSU to my little brother for christmas.

donkeybrained
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:36 pm

1. I've built a machine that will bring the parents of every orphan in the world back to life - all I need to finish it is this specific power supply
2. My dad is an avid power supply collector. I didn't amount to much. Maybe if I got this rare treasure, he'd finally be proud of me
3. With great Power comes great responsibility and not to brag but I made my bed this morning so I think this is evidence that I am already light years ahead of my competition in terms of responsibility 
4. My first born son is named Power Supply. He is trying to poison me so he can inherit my lands and titles -  maybe this gift would appease him
5. Old Man Corsair down at the friendly arms inn offered me 500gp for the return of his special corsair rm1000i special edition
6. My winning of this power supply was foretold in all the ancient prophecies and to deny fate is to bring the wrath of the gods upon us all
7. Absolute power corrupts absolutely but I really have no power over my life, so even if I got this PSU I'd only have a little power and would only be like 25% corrupted
8. My current PSU is not modular, and the cables look like a den of snakes. My other first-born son was killed by snakes and I am living in a constant state of torment, being confronted by this image every day
9. I was born under the sign of the Deity of Modular Power Supplies. I have committed many grave sins, and my god requires the blood sacrifice of a rare white power supply in order to appease him
10. I have never won the cake walk or the raffle or bingo. I think that is unfair and you have the chance to remedy this injustice. 
Last edited by donkeybrained on Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MeLeche
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:45 pm

1. Totally not in love with Corsair. I absolutely haven't purchased ML pro LED case fans (which look amazing behind a tempered glass side panel), dominator platinums, and peripherals from them. Why would I do that? ;)
2. Current power supply has ketchup & mustard cables, along with other colors that would look disgusting even as condiments. Imagine how well they stand out in an all white build. Oh, and speaking of which...
3. My PC has a white theme with white LEDs everywhere. This PSU would match my build perfectly.
4. I'm no electronics wizard, but 1,000 is a big number, so I can assume 1,000 watts is a lot (Don't worry, I'm joking. I know it's a lot.)
5. If I had a 1,000 watt power supply that was all white, I would make all of my friends jealous... *sniff* If I had any...
6. Let's be honest, free stuff is awesome. I would totally appreciate not needing to buy a new power supply if I want to get a new graphics card.
7. I've never won a giveaway in my life. I would die if I won this. WAIT DON'T LEAVE I'm joking you can still send it to me
8. Me and my friends are like PCMR siblings. If I won this, I would give my 550 Watt to a friend who has a cheap 230 Watt OEM power supply. He tries to game on it, and I swear that thing's gonna explode. Just think, you could save a life if I won...
9. With the LEDs on the fan, I would have a sick underglow on my case. Who wouldn't want their case looking like a sports car?
10. You guys said I have to make you laugh, so here goes... What happens if you play country music backwards? You get your truck back, you get your girl back, you get your dog back...
Thanks for this amazing opportunity, guys! If I win, I'll be forever in your debt!

archlinuxos
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:58 pm

1. One might call me a Corsair fanboy. I recently sold and rebought my peripherals to get a K70, M65 Pro, and MM300 Extended. I also have a Corsair PSU and a H110i GTX. So yeah... I'd love to show off another Corsair component.
2. My build is white and black - this PSU is literally perfect for it. (Sabertooth Z170 S, white BitFenix Alchemy LEDs, 1070 FTW, black extensions for PCIe power, etc.)
3. I'm about to go to college and I won't have any money to get a better PSU (which I'll especially need if I can get another GPU as a gift). Also, it'll save me money on utilities once I live on my own.
4. I could sell my current PSU and use the money to take my girlfriend on a date ;).
5. I love LEDs. Everything I have has LEDs. I just programmed an Arduino to make cool LED effects. Moar LEDs plis.
6. I'm a huge PC enthusiast, and extremely dedicated. I worked all summer for two summers to build my computer; it's my baby.
7. I'm a good person; Corsair accidentally sent me two MM300 mousepads and I contacted them to return one. (I guess I'm not humble, though.)
8. I am the Illuminati. Check my Steam page if you don't believe me.
9. I don't want to die from a power supply explosion/house fire started by a power supply.
10. It's a sick PSU and I would be overjoyed to have it. I know it's a common sentiment, but it doesn't change the fact that I'd be ecstatic.

deruberhanyok
Gerbil XP

Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:15 pm

1 I'm so tired of all of these PC peripherals being red and black
10 this unit is black and white. 2 in binary is 10. Only 2 colors, and you want 10 reasons why I should have it. coincidence?
11 yes but, why not just make 2 louder?
100 each unit is individually numbered, sure, but I'll give mine a name!
101 I'm a big fan of corsair, and it's got a big fan by corsair. We're practically brothers, and you wouldn't want to separate family, would you?
110 Who are you people? How did you get into this obviously private thread between me and Jeff?
111 half life 3 confirmed
1000 1000 watts would be enough to make the whole PC glow, but I'm sure that's harmless as long as I'm not sitting on it.
1001 arabian nights?
1010 wait, 10 reasons I should win a RM1000i... 1000...plus 10... 1010!  you set this whole thing up, Jeff! it's a self-perpetuating loop-

goto 1
<3 TR

madmanmarz
Gerbil

Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:59 pm

because my power supply is old
because my power supply is not that good
because i have an r9 290
because the 290 is shader unlocked, overclocked and overvolted
because my i5 is overclocked and overvolted
because i need modularity in my life
because corsair makes sweet, sweet things
because white will glow nicely under UV
because you guys are really nice
because one day i would like to power the world

weijunsyu
Gerbil In Training

Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:59 pm

1. I live in Canada this PSU will blend right in. Passive camo slipping me nice and clean into cheyenne mountain
2. 1000Watts should be enough power to get the gate operational in place of a ZPM
3. Will be used to destroy the Wraith by working in tandem with a Lagrangian Point satellite
4. Cloak the earth from the Goa'uld
5. artificially power the kara kesh faking goa'uld life energies with its superior efficiency
6. Thor would be impressed...his hammer has nothing on this PSU
7. replicators would worship this as their god
8. Even Teal'c would be impressed
9. Vala would try to steal this instead of Daniel's body
10.  Auto accession, instant worthiness with ownership 

RazrLeaf
Gerbil In Training

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:56 am

1. So when this arrives, I can show my wife and ask "is this the white and shiny thing you wanted me to buy you for Christmas?"
  2. Winning a 1 kW PSU give me leverage to justify a 1 kW PC, and...
  3. A 1 kW PC can output enough heat to double as a space heater, saving me from buying a space heater.
  4. The empty USB headers on my motherboard feel useless. They'd be oh so happy if I has something to plug in to them.
  5. 83.3 amps could help me "make sparks fly."
  6. Your review of the X99-A convinced me to purchase that motherboard, and make my build black and white.
  7. Because Scotty needs more power
  8. So I can perform the innocent act of replacing a perfectly good black PSU with a bright blingy white one.
  9. "I've got 99 problems, but a PSU ain't one"
  10. You guys made me use my brain after work to think of ten reasons.

sreenisatish
Gerbil In Training

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:03 am

1. Too poor to buy my own
2. My 34 inch curved WQHD GSYNC monitor needs two 980tis to drive it
3. Overclocked 980tis
4. My PC shutdown today when I SLI-ed because of lack of POWER!!!
5. 850W is so last year
6. Really, help a poor guy out.
7. I needs to play Witcher 3 on 100 fps
8. My doctor says I will die if I go below 100 fps. You don't want that on your hands do you? 
9. I like to be future proof with a 1080ti SLI
10. As I said, help out a poor guy. I can't afford this.

ljdesigner
Gerbil In Training

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:09 am

I'm quite clever as Sherlock Holmes or Jason Bourne.

1. I was in Community College and used grant (FAFSA) money to buy courses/textbooks. Also, PC parts. I'm quite clever! 8)

2. I'm a video editor and photographer. I have seven HDDs and two SSDs. The RM1000i Special Edition come with a full modular cables! Ohh yeah so good.

3. DaVinci Resolve 12.5 (video editing program) is support multi-GPUs! If I won 1000w I would buy more GPUs. Am I clever? Oh yes you know it.

4. Do I trust Corsair? Yes. (•_•) Why? ( •_•)>⌐■-■   (⌐■_■) 10 years warranty. *YEEEAAHHH!*

5. Do I care about white theme? Yes. Do I have all PC parts are white? No. Why? Because I have a Corsair CMPSU-450VX from 2007 ruined my color theme system.

6. Do I want it because of white theme? Nah. Why? The RMi series allows for the fan to remain off at low to medium loads for virtually silent operation. Just like all my case, gpu, and fans are silent.

7. #whitelivesmatter #blacklivesmatter #PClivesmatter All matters. Very clever, wow smart, and much nerd.

8. Did I ever won anything before? No. Why? First world problems. I tried android central, anandtech, youtube giveaway, and etc. All fail. This is my last hope.

9. Did I mentioned I have a Corsair CMPSU-450VX from 2007? It only up to 6 x SATA power connector. First world problems!

10. The Tech Report is my lover. Send me nu....PSU.
Last edited by ljdesigner on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ryohazuki224
Gerbil In Training

Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:10 am

I can probably give a thousand watts of reasons (see what I did there?) but I'll stick with the rules and give ten...

1) it's 1000 watts of POWER! Eight more and I will be OVER 9000!!! ... er.... EXACTLY 9000!!!!
2) Because it'll pair nicely with my upcoming White/Black PC build that I'm doing soon!
3) Because if Michael Jackson can go from black to white... so can Corsair and SO CAN I!
4) So that I'll only need 1,209,999,000 more watts of power after this to send Marty McFly back in time to fix our most recent election!
5) So that I can be confident that I can let my computer to constantly run Folding@Home so that I can help with the fight against cancer and not worry about a cheaper PSU failing! (this one's not actually a joke but it IS a good reason!)
6) Because love is colorblind... and I love you!
7) Because I'm just a poor boy from a poor family.
8) Because it'll just piss off my traditionally Amish parents to be able to use such a sweet, sweet white bastion of modern POWER!
9) Because it will keep me warm in the upcoming cold, winter's night when I snuggle up to it, and whisper sweet nothings intoOH GOD WHAT NO YOU DIDN'T HEAR THAT!!
1000W) Because TR is the best tech site of all time, duh!! And you love good flattery!
42) Is the answer to life, the universe and everything.
14) And I can count!

ForeverXero
Gerbil In Training

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:10 am

Ten GOOD reasons why I should win this PSU:
1. I currently have some off brand CoolMax PSU in my build that when initially installed actually caught my HDD on fire due to a plastic piece falling off during the build and a pin shifting slightly.
2. I have a white S340 case this would aesthetically work perfectly with!
3. My build is black & white.
4. I am looking to upgrade to Zen from a currently AM3 build.
5. I use punctuation and bold important text.
6. I got to the original article and signed up for the forum from PaulsHardware.
7. This PSU and I are like brothers, separated at birth, who have been in search of each other our whole lives.
8. I can sleep well at night knowing that my computer will not combust killing my 2 cats and my girlfriend.
9. I have a pen and an apple and you don't hear me singing about it.
10. This would be going into my build I use for my job!

AustinW
Gerbil

Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:32 am

1. I won't use this PSU for evil.
2. Loot like this deserves a caring, gentle, definitely-not-evil master.
3. Only my latest creation, the Gyrating Orbital Obfuscation Device (GOOD) can truly harness 83.3 amps of current.
4. Very few still-living people know about the GOOD project, and I just told you about it. Aren't I a nice overlord guy?
5. Evildoing has not been bred into my family for generations.
6. Truthfulness is a quality I've always strived for.
7. Half of my projects have ended in failure due to sub-par power supplies. The other half fail because I can't afford english-speaking minions.
8. Each of my minions will receive a 1% raise if I win this PSU. That's about 1% more than they deserve.
9. This will make a great Christmas present for my cat if the GOOD project doesn't work out.
10. Read the first letter of each point. 8)

Freon
Gerbil Elite

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:31 pm

10. Long time TR reader!
9.  It's the 10 year anniversary since I last won a giveaway on Techreport, let's celebrate!  :wink:
8.  I didn't capitalize the "r" in Techreport above line!
7. My current PSU has a puny 120mm fan when everything else is 140mm.  Save me from this tragedy.
6. That 1080 Ti SLI setup I want ain't gunna power itself!
5. Black case, white PSU = contrast bling
4. A previous [other brand] PSU had a fan die and I couldn't tell why, USB hookup for monitoring for the win!
3. Zero fan idle goes nice with my zero fan idle GPU and water cooler!
2. I promise to kiss it and love it and squeeze it and hug it and call it George.
1. I live in the snow belt, making me like the color white in December would be a Christmas miracle.  >:[

Goofus Maximus
Gerbil

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:43 pm

Reason #1:  I am good at lying through my teeth to get what I want, so I deserve a reward for my blatant prevarication ability!  With that in mind, let us get to the next nine reasons why I obviously deserve to win this prize...

Reason #2: My computer deserves to be as powerful as myself. I deserve a computer as powerful as my overwhelming personality.

Reason #3: I deserve a top of the line Graphics Card, and a powerful PSU will power that, while winning a free PSU will free up more cash for an actual new Graphics Card that is my just deserts.

Reason #4: I deserve modularity in my PSU, to showcase my awesome taste in module selection and cable management.

Reason #5: I deserve to know about, and have control over, the power delivered to my computing machine.

Reason #6: I deserve my computer.  My computer deserves safety. This PSU provides great levels of safety.  Ergo, I deserve this PSU.

Reason #7: I deserve to have my great mind able to work mighty cogitative feats of unparalleled mental acuity, without the distraction of background noise, while stationed at my deliberation assistance and facilitating device.  The silence of this powerful PSU is worthy of me.

Reason #8: Boring steel or black PSUs are beneath my advanced level of entitlement, and this stylish white wonder is truly deserved by me for that reason.

Reason #9:  I deserve to have a badge to show the world that I have a PSU that is truly worthy of the Great Me.

Reason #10: I am totally deserving of the right to decide whether my OCP is single rail or multi rail, since I am the master of my domain, and my system should feel grateful to bend itself to my mighty will!

Ugh.  Inflating my level of merit to these ridiculously heroic proportions makes me feel dirty... and uncomfortably afraid of balloon-popping needles of reality! ;)

bootyboy734
Gerbil In Training

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:36 pm

1. LEDs are cool
2. White is cool
3. Corsair is cool
4. Modularity is cool
5. 80+ Gold is cool
6. Quiet fan is (literally) cool
7. Sleved Cables are cool
8. "Limited" is cool
9. 10 Years is cool
10. I am Cool

Mr Bill
Gold subscriber
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:01 pm

01. The RM1000i reminds me of my 2002 white Honda Civic SI but without the handy cargo hatch.
10. There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Last edited by Mr Bill on Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | WinXP64 Pro