Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

ASUS is hiring enthusiasts for content marketing

Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:57 am

Greetings Gerbils. Jeff has graciously allowed me to do a little shameless recruiting, so...

We're growing our content marketing team at ASUS and have two full-time positions for tech-savvy enthusiasts with excellent writing, photography, and analytical skills. Naturally, the TR community came to mind. Successful applicants will work with me on creating original content across multiple product categories, including PC components, complete systems, and mobile devices.

The official job posting is here if you'd like to apply: https://jobs.jobvite.com/asus/job/oC4U4fwo

We're looking for folks in North America. Working remotely from home is possible, but proximity to our office in Fremont, CA is a plus.

Now, back to lurking.

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: ASUS is hiring enthusiasts for content marketing

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Oh sure.. now that I'm not looking for a job :) Good luck with the hiring.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 pm

So I'm not really in the market, but I had to look to see what else ASUS has available. Is there any engineering R&D in the US? I didn't see anything related to actual product design in the list, and the dropdown doesn't even have an engineering/design category.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Looking at the requirements, poaching the current TR staff might be your best bet. :lol: I wrote a whole bunch of TR in a short span of time, but I don't come close to the 3 years of experience required for the position. Interesting to see what Asus wants, though.

I'm not really ever looking for a job when I already have one, but I may upload my resume anyhow.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:52 pm

No engineering R&D in the US, unfortunately. That's all handled in Taipei.

Experience doesn't necessarily have to be formal. Being part of the TR community counts for something :) If you writing, technical chops, and photography transcend your on-paper experience, make the case in a cover letter -- and shoot me a PM, so I can make sure the application gets through HR's filtering process.

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:03 pm

Dissonance wrote:
No engineering R&D in the US, unfortunately. That's all handled in Taipei.

Experience doesn't necessarily have to be formal. Being part of the TR community counts for something :) If you writing, technical chops, and photography transcend your on-paper experience, make the case in a cover letter -- and shoot me a PM, so I can make sure the application gets through HR's filtering process.

Do you have any pull elsewhere than the marketing group?

I'm at least mildly interested in a Product position and might take you up on the offer if so.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Dissonance
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:21 am

Do you have any pull elsewhere than the marketing group?

I'm at least mildly interested in a Product position and might take you up on the offer if so.

Some, but we're staffed up on that side at the moment.

drsauced
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Well, I'm more of a SysAdmin, but I have done some moonlighting as an editor. I'm in!
Calm seas never made a skilled mariner. But, sadly I'm an A's fan.

chuckula
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Epic Rap Battles of TR history!

Tonight: Geoff vs. Jeff!!

BEGIN!
4770K @ 4.7 GHz; 32GB DDR3-2133; Officially RX-560... that's right AMD you shills!; 512GB 840 Pro (2x); Fractal Define XL-R2; NZXT Kraken-X60
--Many thanks to the TR Forum for advice in getting it built.